Journal "Geodynamics" was founded in 1995 by the decision of the international scientific conference "Geodynamics of mountain systems in Europe" which took place in 1994 in Yaremcha, Ivano-Frankivsk region. The journal is published in print every year (since 2011 - twice per year), contains 3 sections - "Geodesy", "Geology", "Geophysics" and publishes papers of Ukrainian and foreign scientists relating to the above mentioned disciplines that relate to problems of geodynamics and adjacent matters. The journal regularly publishes papers from the materials of the annual Ukrainian and international scientific symposiums and conferences, in particular, such as "Geoinformation monitoring of environment - GPS and GIS-technology", "new geophysical technologies of forecasting and monitoring of geological environment", annual scientific sessions of Scientific Society by of the name of Shevchenko in Lviv and others. Publication of the first issue in 1998 put the the journal on the international level, as it published not only works of scientists of Ukraine, but also works of authors from Eastern Europe. Since the journal published works:
Academician L. Baran (Poland); famous scientist of Geodesy and Geodynamics of Czech Republic P. Vyskochyl; Director of the Institute of Higher geodesy and geodetic astronomy of Poland prof J. Sledzins'kyj; prof. S. Oschak and others.
Journal "Geodynamics" for specialists – geodesists, geologists and geophysicists, researches of academic and industrial institutions, lecturers, post-graduate students and students of universities and institutes who are engaged in the problems of geodynamics and accompanying researches.
The purpose of the Journal is to highlight the actual problems of research of various-scale natural and technogenic geodynamic processes and ways of their solution with the help of fundamental and applied geodesic, geological, geophysical, geomorphological and integrated studies, new scientific approaches and developments in the areas of creation and improvement of technologies of geodynamic monitoring, analysis of geoecological threats and risks and their neutralization.
1. Publication of materials of fundamental and applied geodesic, geological, geophysical, geomorphological and integrated scientific researches of various scale natural and technogenic geodynamic processes, geoecological problems and problems.
2. Exchange of scientific ideas, research methodology and practical achievements. Providing information field for discussion of new theories, methods and results of geodynamic research, including complex and at the intersection of sciences.
3. Expansion of the scientific outlook of researchers from profile and related fields of knowledge. Informing wide circles of scientists and practitioners about the issues and best practices of large-scale geodynamic and geo-ecological researches.
4. Publication in the journal the information on scientific and technical conferences, on new teaching book and monographs on geodynamic and related issues, on activities in these areas of various research organizations and institutions and professional associations.
5. Providing information support to innovation activities in the field of geodynamic research and monitoring.
Registration certificate: series KB № 1290 of February 28, 1995.
2 issues per year
Free online full-text access
Publisher - Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House
Since 2014 the journal is indexed in the international scientometric database INDEX COPERNICUS
We are pleased to announce that the journal "Geodynamics" was recently accepted for inclusion in the newly launched Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) in Web of Science since 2017 .
Scientific Journal of Geodynamics has been included in Ulrichsweb™ Global Serials Directory.
The journal is accepted into Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) - new index in the Web of Science™ Core Collection