Objective. The aim of this work is to study the efficiency of combining such methods as: investigation of the natural pulse electromagnetic field of Earth (NIEMFE) and transient electromagnetics (TEM) for the preliminary assessment of the degree of stability of mining fields within the deposits of potassium salts in the Precarpathian area, as well as forecasting the development of deformation processes in the near-surface layer of the geological environment. Methodology. Conducting areal and profile observations using NIEMFE and TEM techniques in the territory of the mining fields of potassium salts deposits and constructing the models of geoelectric sections; determination of zones with abnormal values of electrical conductivity and intensity of natural electromagnetic radiation. Results. According to the results of profile TEM and areal observations of NIEMFE on the mining field №2 of the Stebnytsky deposit of potassium salts, zones of abnormal electrical conductivity and anomalies in electromagnetic radiation intensity were detected and outlined. On the basis of the complex interpretation, the areas of increased karst sinkhole danger on a certain part of the Truskavets - Pisochnaya highway were singled out. The conclusion is that a set of methods NIEMFE and TEM for assessing the degree of karst sinkhole processes in the areas of mining activities is highly informative and efficient. Scientific novelty. The scientific novelty lies in the experimentally confirmed efficiency and high informativeness of the complex application of TEM and NIEMFE methods for studying the state of the geological environment endangered by karst deformation processes within the deposits of potassium salts. Practical significance. The proposed set of geophysical methods of TEM and NIEMFE allows predicting with high reliability the areas of probable karst sinkhole formation, which will allow taking preventive measures to minimize the consequences of karst deformation processes of a geological nature upon human settlement.
1. Abaturova, I. V., Savintsev, I. A., Borisikhina, O. A., Kozlov, V. S., Shevaldin, D. A., Balakin, V. Y. (2017). Evaluation of engineering-geological conditions of the rock mass in mining deposits of underground way, Engineering Geophysics 2017, DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.201700375
2. Bagriy, S. M. (2016). Geophysical monitoring of geological environment within the Ukrainian potassium deposits (for example of Kalush-Holyn deposit) (Phd. dissertation, Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of oil and gas).
3. Burak, K. O., Kuzmenko, E. D., Bagriy, S. M., Grynishak, M. Ya., Melnychenko, G. G., Mykhailyshyn, V. P., & Kovtun, V. M. (2014). Features of geodetic monitoring and forecasting of geotechnogenic dynamics at mine fields of potassium deposits. Journal of Geodesy and Cartography, (5), 12-18.
4. Deshchytsya, S. A., Pidvirny, O. I., Romanyuk, O. I., Sadovyi, Yu. V., Kolyadenko, V. V., Savkiv, L. G., & Myshchyshyn, Yu. S. (2016). Evaluation of the state of the ecologically problematic mining and industrial objects in Kalush region by electromagnetic methods and their monitoring. Science and innovation, 12(5), 47-59.
5. Diakiv, V. О., Dranovska, А.V., Khevpa, Z.Z. Failure of September 30, 2017, over mine № 2 of Stebnitske GHP POLIMINERAL: causes, consequences and current state (based on the results of material-balance modeling and monitoring observations), Subsoil use in ukraine. Prospects for investment. Materials fifth scientific-practical conference (Ukraine, Truskavets, 8-12 October 2018). State Commission of Ukraine for Mineral Resources . (2), p. 103-115.
6. Frid, V. (1997). Electromagnetic radiation method for rock and gas outburst forecast. Journal of Applied Geophysics, 38(2), 97-104. doi:10.1016/S0926-9851(97)00017-7.
7. Gaidin А.М. (2018) Save Solotvyno. Subsoil use in ukraine. Prospects for investment. Materials fifth scientific-practical conference (Ukraine, Truskavets, 8-12 October 2018). State Commission of Ukraine for Mineral Resources . (2), p. 57-64.
8. Gaidin, А. М., & Rudko, G. I. (2016). Technogenic karst.
9. Gaidin, А. М., Diakiv, V. О., & Chikova, І. V. (2014). Deformation of the Earth's surface in the area of activity of the potash mines in Stebnik. Ecological Safety and Balanced Use of Resources, (2 (10)), 112-120.
10. Gondwe, B. R. N., Lerer, S., Stisen, S., Marín, L., Rebolledo-Vieyra, M., Merediz-Alonso, G., & Bauer-Gottwein, P. (2010). Hydrogeology of the south-eastern yucatan peninsula: New insights from water level measurements, geochemistry, geophysics and remote sensing. Journal of Hydrology, 389(1-2), 1-17. doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2010.04.044.
11. Greiling, R. O., & Obermeyer, H. (2010). Natural electromagnetic radiation (EMR) and its application in structural geology and neotectonics. Journal of the Geological Society of India, 75(1), 278-288.
12. Kryzhanivskyi, E. I., Kuzmenko, E. D., Palijchuk, M. V., & Baranenko, B. T. (2008). Technogenic situation in the region of Kalush industrial area. Scientific bulletin Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, (2), 5-11.
13. Kuzmenko, E., Bagriy, S., Chepurnyi, I. V., & Shtohryn, M. (2017). Estimation of hazards of the surface deformations of rocks within stebnyk potassium salt deposit area by method ENPEMF. Geodynamics, (22), 98-113. DOI: 10.23939/jgd2017.01.098
14. Kuzmenko, E. D., Bahrii, S. M., & Dzoba, U. O. (2018). The depth range of the Earth's natural pulse electromagnetic field (or ENPEMF). Journal of Geology, Geography and Geoecology, 27(3), 466-477. DOI: 10.15421/111870.
15. Maksymchuk V., Sapuzhak O., Deshchytsya S., Ladanivskyi B., Romanyuk O., Kolyadenko V. (2019). Investigation of karstic processes on the territory of Stebnik deposit of potassium salts by methods of electric prospecting, Abstracts of the 24th International Scientific Conference "Geoforum-2019" (10-12.04.2019), Lviv, NU "Lvivska politekhnika", p. 37-38.
16. Mordvinov, I.S., Stasyuk, V.M., Pakshyn, M.Yu., Lyaska, I.I. (2018) Monitoring of vertical displacements of the territory of the MCE "POLIMINERAL" with the use of satellite interferometric radar measurements, Subsoil use in ukraine. Prospects for investment. Materials fifth scientific-practical conference (Ukraine, Truskavets, 8-12 October 2018). State Commission of Ukraine for Mineral Resources . (2), p. 94-102.
17. Obermeyer, H., Lauterbach, M., & Krauter, E. (2001, June). Monitoring landslides with natural electromagnetic pulse radiation. In international conference on landslides (pp. 297-304).
18. Ogilvi, А. А. (1990). Fundamentals of Engineering Geophysics: Textbook. Nedra, 501 p.
19. Pavliuk, V. I. (2016). Natural factors of activation the exogenous processes at technogenicallymodified sites of the salt deposits of the Precarpathians. Geodynamics, (1), 94-105.
20. Pueyo-Anchuela, Ó., Casas-Sainz, A. M., Soriano, M. A., & Pocoví-Juan, A. (2010). A geophysical survey routine for the detection of doline areas in the surroundings of zaragoza (NE spain). Engineering Geology, 114(3-4), 382-396. doi:10.1016/j.enggeo.2010.05.015.
21. Rabinovitch, A., Frid, V., Bahat, D., & Shava, B. (1996). Emission of electromagnetic radiation by rock fracturing. Zeitschrift fur Geologische Wissenschaften, 24, 361-368.
22. Shurovskyi, A., Anikeev, S., Shamotko, V., Deshchytsya, S., Nikolaienko, О., & Popluiko, А. (2012). Geophysical monitoring of environmentally hazardous geological processes in the Kalush agglomeration, Mineral Resources of Ukraine, (2), 31-38.
23. Shurovskyi, A. D., Anikeev, S. G., Shamotko, V. Y., & Deshchytsya, S. A. (2013). Geophysical monitoring of the geological environment to solve environmental problems within the agglomeration of Kalush. Mining journal, (12), 99-104.