Requierements to the articles of «Humanitarian Vision» scientific journal.
1. Information about the author (authors): surname, first name, patronymic name, scientific degree, academic title, position and place of work, contact phone, e-mail, address.
2. The scientific article has to contain the following elements:
- stating of the problem in general terms and defining of its interrelation with important scientific or practical tasks;
- analysis of recent investigations and publications which initiated the solution of the stated problem and on which the author relies; highlighting unsolved issues of the overall problem the article is dedicated to;
- the aims of the article (stating the objective);
- wording of the main material of the research with comprehensive argumentation of obtained outcomes;
- conclusion drawn from the research and prospects of further investigation in the respective direction.
3. Formatting of the article:
- surname and first name of the author (authors), place of work in Ukrainian and English;
- the title of the article (in bold capital letters) and an abstract in the Ukrainian (Polish for articles written in Polish) and English languages; the abstract has to be well-structured, stating the objective of the research and methods applied and drawing main conclusions; the abstract in the Ukrainian and Polish languages together with the title of the article and key words have to consist of up to 500 characters; the abstract in the English language have to consist of 1800-2000 characters.
- key words have to be written in Ukrainian (or Polish) and English;
- the list of references in the end of the article is obligatory;
- the length of the article has to be 20-25,000 characters;
-high quality of English translations of all articles is a mandatory requirement.
4. Technical format of the article: all margins have to be 20 mm; 14-point Times New Roman, 1,5 line spacing; 10mm indent. What concerns symbols, the text has to contain only these characters for quotation marks and dash respectively: «», «–». There should not be odd spacing, particularly before or inside square brackets or parentheses. To avoid this, the feature Show formatting marks should be used. Hyphens are not allowed.
5. References to sources in the text are presented as in the example: [7, P. 123], where 7 means the number of the source in the list of references, 123 corresponds to the page cited. Reference to multiple sources is presented as following: [1; 4; 8] or [2, P.32; 9, P.48; 11, P.257]. Archive resources are referred to as [15, ark. 258, 231 turn].
6. The article have to be submitted in the original language (Ukrainian, English, Polish) electronically as a MS Word for Windows file on a CD or via e-mail.
7. All the articles submitted to the Editor Board are peer-reviewed and are subjected to double-blind reviewing by two anonymous Ukrainian or foreign specialists.
8. Responsibility for the content, accuracy of facts, quotes, figures and names is born by the authors of the text. The following works are admitted: articles intended to cover issues in the fields of Political and Philosophical Sciences, reviews of new books, textbooks and tutorials. Submitted materials have to be topical, stylistically and grammatically edited, and use modern scientific terminology. Editorial office reserves the right to minor editing, shortening, and literary correction of articles (preserving main conclusions and the style of the author). The Editorial Board may not share the world outlook of some authors. If an article does not meet the requirements, the editorial office reserves the right to deny publication of the materials.
9. Requirements to the list of references. The list of references has to be arranged in alphabetic order (first – according to the Cyrillic alphabet, then – to the Latin one).
Samples of reference list formatting:
A book by a single author
Riznyk O.Ya. Logical Programming: textbook / O.Ya. Riznyk. – Lviv: Publ. House of Lviv Polytech. Nat. U-ty, 2009. – 288 p.
A book by two (three) authors
Zhurakhivskyi A.V. Optimization of Power System Modes: textbook / A.V. Zhurakhivskyi, N.R. Zasidkovych, A.Ya. Yatseyko. – Lviv: Publ. House of Lviv Polytech. Nat. U-ty, 2009. – 156 p.
A book by five or more authors
Formation of Healthy Lifestyle in Youth: textbook for social workers for families, children and youth / [T.V. Bondar, O.H. Karpenko, D.M. Dykova and others]; Ukrainian Institute for Social Reaserch. – K.: Ukrainian Institute for Social Reaserch, 2005. – л 115 p.: illustrations, tables. – (The series of 14 ed. Formation of Healthy Lifestyle in Youth, ed.13.
An abstract of a periodical edition
Matviykiv M.D. Interrelation between firmness of surfaces and shift or disruption / M.D Matviykiv, A.I. Stashko // The Herald of Lviv Polytech. Nat. U-ty. – 2008. – No. 618: Radio-Electronics and Telecommunications. – P. 203–206.
Library and accessibility of information in the modern world: electronic resources in science, culture and education: (outcomes of the 10th International Conference “Crimea–2003”) [Internet Resource] / L.Y. Kostenko, A.O. Chekmariov, A.H. Brovkin, I.A. Pavlusha // The Library Herald. – 2003. – No. 4. – P. 43. – Access Mode: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/articles/2003/03/klinko.htm.
10. Submitting of materials:
Authentic materials have to be submitted to the Editorial Board of the journal through the executive secretaries:
1. Articles on Political Science: 79013, Lviv-13, 12 Stepana Bandery St., Lviv Polytechnic National University, the Department of Political Science and International Affairs, room 314, Ruslan Demchyshak, tel.: 0322-58-21-89, e-mail: email@example.com
2. Articles on Philosophical Science: 79013, Lviv-13, 12 Stepana Bandery St., Lviv Polytechnic National University, the Department of Philosophy, room 328, Pankiv Olesia Vasylivna, tel.: 0322-58-26-41, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org