In Ukraine social networks began to spread actively in the last 10 years. From that time they have got new possibilities, functions, influence on the users. Social networks are not only used for the entertainment or communication between friends or colleges, but also a a source of information for modern journalists. However, they not always use them correct and honest. The information from social networks need to be checked very attentive, and from different sources.
Despite the positive aspects of using social media in journalism, there are some drawbacks. So the inept use of the social networks and the failure of journalism standards may lead not to the increasing of the media audiences, but vice versa. Consequently, the role of social networks in the work of modern journalists is constantly growing and acquire new forms. At the same time, the ease and accessibility of the search and dissemination of information does not always imply its quality and reliability. How easy it is to gain popularity through social networks - it's just as easy to lose credibility that is well-deserved for years. Therefore, the prospect of further exploration in this direction is to study the rules for the use and dissemination of information in social media and the creation of an appropriate code of journalistic ethics in social networks. According to our survey, journalists rarely use the social network "Instagram". The reason for this is that the platform is designed to distribute photo information, not text. However, data from this social network can also be used effectively - for journalistic investigations, information, sensations, etc.
By using social networks as a source of information, journalists must first and foremost adhere to journalistic standards and carefully scrutinize information. This will be done through the appropriate Internet Verification and Fact-Checking courses.
- Dorosh M. Jak revolutsijni media minialy audytoriju mediasajtiv. [How revolution media changed the audiences of the media sites]. Mediasapiens: http://osvita.mediasapiens
- Maslou A. Motivatsija i lichnost. [Motivation and personality]. Sankt-Peterburg, 2008, p. 352.
- Parshukov S. Rol sotsialnych merezh u navchalnomy protsesi. [The role of the social networks in the educational process]: http:// informatika.udpu.org.ua/?page_id=1207.
- Pishkovtsii S. Scho take sotsialni merezhi [What is it social media?]. Highway. http://h.ua/story/ 93865/news_737425.html
- Synepalov I. Misce sotsialnych merezh u suchasnomy mediaprostori [The place of the social networks in the modern mediaspace]. Tribuna. https:// ua. tribuna.com/ tribuna/blogs/ socialmedia/638384.html
- Sotsialni media [Social media]. Vikipedia. https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BE% D1%86%D1%96%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0 %BD%D1%96_%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%96%D0%B0
- Jak rozumity sotsialni merezhi. Kurs dlya zhurnalisiv[How to understand social media. Course for the journalists]. VUM. http://online.vum.org.ua/course/ rozumity-sotsialni-merezhi-kurs-dlya-zhurnalistiv/
- Jaremchuk V. Ponjattja, funktsii ta osoblyvosti sotsialnych Internet-merezh. [The definition, functions and special features of the social networks]. Naukovyi blog. http://online.vum.org.ua/course/ rozumity-sotsialni-merezhi-kurs-dlya-zhurnalistiv/