Purpose. The compliance with maintenance requirements of a landfill is an important factor that have affects on its functioning. The functioning of Lviv city landfill started in 1959 and continued till 2016. According to evidences from various resolutions, regulations, and scientific publications, it was used and exploited with disabilities and did not meet environmental and sanitary standards. On May 30, 2016 a waste flow slide occurred in consequence of fire and its extinguishing. To update the topographic information about the situation at the landfill, and to correct the remediation project, the following tasks should be performed: to create a topographical plan of scale 1 : 500 with a contour interval of 0.5m, to identify technological features of combined methods using UAV TRIMBLE UX-5 and the electronic total station Leica TCR 405, and to select and take into account the peculiarities of the researched object. Methodology and results. When creating large-scale topographic plans for different kinds of objects it should be noted that each object has its own peculiarities that should be considered. In the process of the territory reconnaissance, the boundaries of the surveyed site were determined and the possibility of applying an aerial survey by UAV and remote method of tacheometry survey were considered. According to the purpose, the large-scale topographical plan of Lviv city landfill with the scale of 1 : 500 with 0.5 m relief interval with coordinate system
SC-63 and Baltic height system was created using combined methods. Additionally control of created DEM was implemented, the root-mean-square errors of the DEM were calculated before and after the use of technological operations and statistical methods. The results correspond to the requirements specified in the instructions for the topographic survey at an appropriate scale. Originality and practical significance. The developed and tested method of creating large-scale plans for the landfill enables designing organizations to solve a number of the following problems: designing new maps for storage place of solid waste, performing calculation of excavation works volume, creating working drawings for strengthening of existing dams and construction of new dams, and developing a plan for the location of the filtrate drainage system.
1. Burshtynska H. W., Dorozhynskyy O. L., Zazulyak P. М., Zajac О. S. Digital terrain modeling using Surfer software and GIS ArcGis. Geodesy, cartography and aerial photography. Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House 2003, no. 63, pp. 196–200.
2. Burshtynska H., Vasylyha І., Koval P. Technology of digital fashion ales relief plan to create the bottom of the river. Geodesy, cartography and aerial photography. Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2007, no. 69, pp. 135–144.
3. Voloshyn P. K., Tsehelyk R. O., Biruk S. V. On research on the environmental and sanitary condition adjacent to the Lviv 'landfill Report of "Geotech-nical Institute" Lviv, 2005.
4. Haydin M., Dyakiv V. O., Pohrebennyk V. D., Pashuk A. V. The chemical composition of the filtrate Lviv landfill Nature of the West Polesie and the sur-rounding areas: Coll. Science. paper. Volyn natio¬nal university Lesia Ukrayinka, [Editorial Board: F. V. Zuzuk et al]. Lutsk, 2013, no. 10, pp. 43–50
5. Hlotov V., Nikulishyn V. I., Chyzhevskyy V. V. Method assembly materials for large-scale plans aerial and ground removal. Geodesy, cartography and aerial photography. Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2007, no. 69, pp. 144–149.
6. Hlotov V., Golubinka Y. I., Ilkiv T. J. Technological features terrestrial digital output of waterworks. Geo¬desy, cartography and aerial photography. Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2009, no. 71, pp. 251–258.
7. Holets' N. Yu., Mal'ovanyy M. S., Malyk Yu. O. Calculation hazard class filtrate Hrybovychi landfill. Bulletin of Lviv State University of Life Safety. 2013, no. 7, pp. 219–224.
8. Instructions topographic removing the scale of 1: 5000, 1: 2000, 1: 1000 and 1: 500 (HKNTA-2.04-02-98). Kyiv, 1998, 252 p.
9. Lobanov A. N. Photogrammetry: Textbook for Univer-sities. ed., Rev. and add. Moscow, 1984, pp. 552.
10. Lozynskyi V. А. Analysis of modern metods to obtain data to determine the volumes of waste and sediments. Modern achievements of geodesic science and industry. Lviv, 2015, Issue ІІ (30), pp. 87–97.
11. Mal'ovanyy М. S., Holodovska О. J., Pasternak М. І. Solid waste m. Lviv and their impact on the environment. Herald of the Lviv Polytechnic National University. Lviv, 2011, no. 700: Chemistry, Technology substances and their use. pp. 250–252.
12. Makarov V. A., Bondarenko D. A., Makarov I. V., Schreiner K. A., Perun A., Trukhanov E. V. Unma-nned aerial vehicles to address problems of sur-veying and monitoring of open pit mining. "Gold and technology." 2014, no. 3 (25): Hіmіya, tehnolo-gіya rechovin that їh zastosuvannya. pp. 44–49.
13. Pavliv A. For information on solid waste landfill in the village. V. Hrybovychi-Zhovkva district, 2013. The decision of Lviv City Council number 4132 from 18.12.2014.
14. Tretiak К. R., Hlotov V. М., Golubinka J. І. Analysis of monitoring ice island Antarctic coast by digital stereofotografmetrical methods. Modern achie-vements of geodesic science and industry. Lviv, 2013, Vol. ІІ(26), pp. 264–268.
15. [Elektronnyy resurs]. Available at: http://www.uavmap.com.au/ measuring-landfill-volumes
16. [Elektronnyy resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www. smemaine.com/documents/Website-SMEReceivesFAAApprovaltoOperateUAV_007.pdf
17. Blight G., Fourie A. B. Catastrophe revisited–disastrous flow failures of mine and municipal solid waste. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 2005, Vol. 23, Issue 3, pp. 219–248.
18. Blight G. Slope failures in municipal solid waste dumps and landfills: a review. Waste Management and research, 2008, no.26(5), pp. 44–8463.
19. Brink D., P. W. Day, L. du Preez Failure and remediation of Bulbul Drive landfill: Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. Proc. Sardinia '99, Cagliari, Italy. 1999, pp. 555–562.
20. Cahyono B. K., Matori A. N. Landslide detection on slope area by usingclose-range photogrammetric data.
22. Dai Z., Huang Y., Jiang F. Modeling the flow behavior of a simulated municipal solid waste. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment. 2016, Vol. 75, Issue 1, pp. 275–291.
23. Dustin M. Monitoring parks with inexpensive UAVs: cost benefits analysisfor monitoring and maintaing parks facilities. A Thesis Presented to the FACULTY OF THE USC GRADUATE SCHOOL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree MASTER OF SCIENCE (GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY), pp. 1–113.
24. Eid H., Stark T. D., Evans W. D, Sherry P. E. Municipal solid waste slope failure. I: Waste and foundation soil properties. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 2000, Vol. 126 (5), pp. 397–407.
25. Gandolla M., Gabner E., Leoni R. Stabilitätsprobleme bei nicht verdichteten Deponien: am Beispiel Sarajevo (Stability Problems with Compacted Landfills: the Example of Sarajevo). ISWA Journal, 1979, pp. 75–80
26. Haala N., Cramer M., Weimer F., Trittler M. Perfor-mance test on uav-based photogrammetric data collection. International Archives of the Photo¬gra-mmetry. Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. XXXVIII-1/C22, 2011, pp. 1–6.
27. Hendron D., Fernandez G., Prommer P. J., Giroud J. P., Orozco L. F. Investigation of the cause of the 27 September 1997 slope failure at the Dona Juana landfill. Proc. Sardinia '99, Cagliari, Italy. 1999, pp. 545–554.
28. Kocasoy G., Curi K. The Ümraniye-Hekimbaşi open dump accident. Waste Management and Researsh. 1995, Vol. 13, pp. 305–314.
29. Lega M., Ferrara C., Kosmatka J., Persechino G., Napoli R.M.A. Thermal Pattern and Thermal Tracking: fingerprints of an environmental illicit. 11th International Conference on Quantitative InfraRed Thermography. 2012. Available at: http://www.ndt.net/article/qirt2012/papers/QIRT-2012-326.pdf.
30. Merry S. M., Kavazanjian Jr. E., Fritz W. U. Reconnaissance of the July 10, 2000, Payatas Landfill Failure. Journal of performance of constructed facilities. 2005, Vol. 19, pp. 100–107.
31. Nakano T., Kamiya I. Tobita M., Iwahashi J., Nakajima H. Landform monitoring in active volcano by UAV and sfm-mvs technique. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. XL-8, 2014, pp. 71–75.
32. Nienow Z. Monitoring Landfills from Above. Available at: http://www.ayresgeospatial.com/2014/10/22/monitoring-landfills-from-above/
33. Siebert S., Teizer J. Mobile 3D mapping for surveying earthwork projects using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) system. Automation in Construction. 2014, 41, pp. 1–14.
34. Xu Q., Peng D., Li1 W., Dong X., Hu W., Tang M., Liu F. The catastrophic landfill flowslide at Hongao dumpsite on December 20, 2015 in Shenzhen, China. Natural Hazards Earth System Sciences. 2016, pp. 1–19.
35. Yılmaz A., Atmaca E. Environmental geological assessment of a solid waste disposal site: a case study in Sivas, Turkey. Environmental Geology. 2006, Vol. 50, Issue 5, pp. 677–689.
36. Yu Huang., Fan G. Engineering geological analysis of municipal solid waste landfill stability. Natural Hazards. 2016, Vol. 84, Issue 1, pp. 93–107.