The paper considers an approach to numerical modelling of the problem of electromagnetic plane waves scattering by an open arc with different boundary conditions on its sides. The corresponding mixed boundary value problem is reduced to a system of two singular and hypersingular integral equations. The method of collocation for numerical solutions to the equations obtained is proposed and analyzed. Numerical results of the radar cross-section for different values of arc curvatures are presented.
- G. Apaydin, F. Hacivelioglu, L. Sevgi, and P. Ufimtsev, “Fringe waves from a wedge with one face electric and the other face magnetic,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 64, pp. 1125–1130, Mar. 2016. s
- G. Apaydin and L. Sevgi, “Method of moments modeling of backscattering by a soft-hard strip,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, pp. 5822–5826, 2015.
- F. Hacivelioglu, L. Sevgi, and P. Y. Ufimtsev, “Method of moments modeling of backscattering by a soft-hard strip,” Backscattering from a soft-hard strip: Primary edge waves approximations, vol. 12, pp. 249–252, 2013.
- V. Emets and J. Rogowski, “Scattering from a strip with mixed boundary conditions,” Radio Science, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 1–8, 2020.
- M. A. Uslu, G. Apaydin, and L. Sevgi, “Diffraction modeling by a soft/hard strip using finite-difference time-domain method,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 16, pp. 306–309, 2017.
- R. Kress, “Inverse scattering from an open arc,” Math. Method. Appl. Sci., vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 267–293, 1995.
- R. Kress and K. M. Lee, “Integral equation methods for scattering from an impedance crack,” J. Comp. Appl. Math., vol. 61, pp. 161–177, 2003.
- K. M. Lee, “Inverse scattering problem for an impedance crack,” Wave Motion, vol. 45, pp. 254–263, 2008.
- H. Li, J. Huang, and G. Zeng, “On the numerical solutions of two-dimensional scattering problems for an open arc,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 136, pp. 1–15, 2020.
- L. Monch, “On the numerical solution of the direct scattering problem for a sound-hard open arc,” Comput. Appl. Math., vol. 71, pp. 343–356, 1996.
- “On the inverse acoustic scattering problem by an open arc: the sound-hard case,” Inverse Probl., vol. 13, pp. 1379–1392, 1997.
- J. J. Liu, P. A. Krutitskii, and M. Sini, “Numerical solution of the scattering problem for acoustic waves by a two-side crack in 2-d dimensional space,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 141–166, 2011.