Main models and means of lightning protection of overhead power transmission lines with covered wires in grids with voltage from 6 to 35 kV are considered in the article. The specific features of covered wires in comparison with bare wires are given. The principle of operation and main structural parts of the means of lightning protection are described, possible variants of installing the means of lightning protection are shown. The analysis of the effectiveness of existing means, as well as the main protecting means requirements according to normative documents has been carried out.
- Vernon Cooray Lightning Protection Published by The Institution of Engineering and Technology, London, United Kingdom, 2010.
- I. Lishchak and T. Binkevich, “Modern lightning protection of overhead power transmission lines by 6, 10 kV by long flash-over arresters (ALF). Visnyk NU ”Lvivska politekhnika”, no. 736, pp. 75–80. Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2012. (Ukrainian).
- G. Podporkin, Development of long flash-over and multi-chamber arresters andisulator-arresters for lightning protection of overhead distribution and transmission lines”, Plasma Physics and Technology, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 241–250, 2015.
- Ye. Kalakutskiy, “Lightning protection of OL 6–220 kV by multi-chamber arresters and insulator-dischargers”, in Proc. IVth Russian Conf. Transmission Lines 2010 – Design, Development and Experience of Operation, pp. 153–158. Novosybirsk, Russia, 2010. (Russian).
- Design requirements for overhead power transmission lines with coated wires of 6–35 kV. Kyiv, Ukraine: Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, 2013. (Ukrainian).
- Practical policies on protection of distribution electrical grids with voltage of 0,4–10 kV from lightning overvoltage. Moscow, Russia: OAO ”ROSEP”, 2004. (Russian).
- N. Tikhodeyev, ed. Manual on protection of electrical grids 6–1150 kV from lightning and inner overvoltage. 2nd ed. Saint Petersburg, Russia: Petersburg Institute of Energy for Professional Development of Ministry of Energy of Russian Federation, 1999. (Russian).
- Instruction on application, installation and operation of the means of overvoltage protection in electrical equipment with voltage of 6–750 kV. Kyiv, Ukraine: Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, 2013. (Ukrainian).
- Operational regulations on installation of electrical equipment. 3rd ed. Kyiv, Ukraine: Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine, 2010. (Ukrainian).
- Regulations of Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine on operation of consumers’ electrical equipment. Kharkiv, Ukraine: Fort, 2012. (Ukrainian).
- “Lightning protection of overhead lines”, https://www.streamer.ru/streamer_products/ lightning-protection (Russian).
- “Lightning protection of overhead lines 6–35 kV by longflash-over arresters”, http://www.slideshare.net/ anti4ek/635-9468650. (Russian).
- “Lightning protection using FLS-M”, http://sadiqmsk.blogspot.com/2010/04/lighting-protection-using-lfam.html