The expediency of the development of local training systems for power plant operators is considered.
Principles of creating a training system for control operators of the electrical part of the power generating unit of the thermal power station have been developed. This system consists of two subsystems: a model of the electrical part of the power unit and a training subsystem. The model of the electrical part of the power unit includes models of a power system, generator, facilities, turbines, excitation systems, etc. The training subsystem allows the staff to cope with a learning process and acquire the skills necessary for control operators.
The developed training system allows the staff to learn how to control the electrical part of the power generating unit during normal, special and emergency modes, such as: synchronization of the generator with the system (manual, automatic), transferring the excitation of the generator from the working excitation system to the standby excitation system and vice versa, synchronous oscillations of the system, load asymmetry, etc.
The training system provides the opportunity of staff self-training, as well as objectively evaluates their knowledge of the operational control of the power unit. Its use allows the increase in the training quality of control operators of thermal and nuclear power plants.
- S. Magid. and E. Arkhipova, Training of energy staff. Moscow, Russia: Energobezopasnost, 2017. (Russian).
- V. Shchebnev, A. Ilchenko, and A. Tokov, “Computer technologies in TPP and NPP staff training system”, Vestnik IGEU, vyp. 2, pp. 40–42, Ivanovo, Russia: Ivanovo State Energy University, 2007. (Russian).
- “Complex simulators”, http://www.asot.com.ua/System_tren.asp?l=Ukr, September 19, 2019.
- “Power plant simulators”, http://eng.fpps.ru, October 23, 2019.
- P. Baran, V. Kidyba, and Ya. Pryshliak, “Specialized training system for operational staff of power plants”, Visnyk NU “Lvivska Politekhnika”, no. 597, pp. 30–33, Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2007. (Ukrainian).
- A. Vasilyev, Electric part of the stations and substations. Moscow, Russia: Energoatomizdat, 1990. (Russian).
- P. Baran, V. Kidyba, Ya. Pryshliak and M. Dembitskyi, “Computer simulations management electrical parts of TPP”, Visnyk NU “Lvivska Politekhnika”, no. 834, pp. 3–7, Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2015. (Ukrainian).
- A. Chachko, Training of power unit operators. Algorithmic approach. Moscow, Russia: Energoatomizdat, 1986. (Russian).
- O. Kyrylenko, M. Seheda, O. Butkevych, and T. Mazur, Mathematical modeling in electric power engineering. Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2013. (Ukrainian).