With the rapid growth of wind energy production worldwide, the Wind Power Forecast (WPF) will play an increasingly important role in the operation of electricity systems and electricity markets. The article presents an overview of modern methods and tools for forecasting the generation of electricity by wind farms. Particular attention is paid to the intelligent approaches. The article considers the issues of preparation and use of data for such forecasts. It presents the example of a forecasting system based on neural networks, proposed by the authors of the paper. Wind energy has a great future all over the world and in Ukraine as well. Therefore, the study conducted by the authors is relevant.
- Hanifi, S., Liu, X., Lin, Z and Lotfian, S. (2020) A Critical Review of Wind Power Forecasting Methods—Past, Present and Future. Energies, 13, 3764. https://doi.org/10.3390/en13153764
- Monteiro, C., Bessa, R.J., Miranda, V., Botterud, A., Wang, J., Conzelmann, G., & Porto, I. (2009). Wind power forecasting : state-of-the-art 2009. https://doi.org/10.2172/968212
- Piotrowski, P., Baczyński, D., Kopyt, M. and Gulczyński, T. (2022) Advanced Ensemble Methods Using Machine Learning and Deep Learning for One-Day-Ahead Forecasts of Electric Energy Production in Wind Farms. Energies,15(4), 1252. https://doi.org/10.3390/en15041252
- Hui Liu, Chao Chen, Xinwei Lv, Xing Wu, Min Liu. (2019). Deterministic wind energy forecasting: A review of intelligent predictors and auxiliary methods. Energy Conversion and Management, 195, 328-345, ISSN 0196-8904, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2019.05.020.
- Hong, Y.Y.; Rioflorido, C.L.(2019). A hybrid deep learning-based neural network for 24-h ahead wind power forecasting. Appl. Energy, 250, 530–539. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.05.044
- Xing, Y., Fue-Sang Lien, Melek. W. and Yee, E. (2022) A Multi-Hour Ahead Wind Power Forecasting System Based on a WRF-TOPSIS-ANFIS Model / Energies, 15, 5472; https://doi.org/10.3390/en15155472
- Yang, W., Court, R., Jiang, J. (2013) Wind turbine condition monitoring by the approach of SCADA data analysis, Renewable Energy, 53, 365-376, ISSN 0960-1481, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2012.11.030.
- Bugaieva, L., Beznosyk, Yu., Sydorenko, I. (2019) Intellectual Analysis as a Necessary Tool for Efficient Use of SCADA System Databases. Topical issues of the development of modern science. Abstracts of the 3rd International scientific and practical conference. Publishing House “ACCENT”. Sofia, Bulgaria. 13-15 November 2019. 422-426. URL: http://sci-conf.com.ua.
L. Bugaieva, O. Beznosyk. Prediction of electricity generation by wind farms based on intelligent methods: state of the art and examples. Energy Engineering and Control Systems, 2022, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 104 – 109. https://doi.org/10.23939/jeecs2022.02.104