Purposes.The article aims to conduct an in-depth analysis of the situation in the world and Ukraine during the pandemic, as well as to develop practical measures to rehabilitate the tourism sector from the effects of the economic crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. The authors suggest that the reduction of the negative effects of COVID-19 on the tourism industry is possible through the support of state institutions of the tourism industry and the development of the domestic tourism and recreation sector with elements of rehabilitation measures after coronavirus.
Design/methodology/approach. To achieve the goals, objectives in the article the authors used a set of scientific methods that ensured the conceptual integrity of the study, in particular: methods of statistical and comparative analysis, which allowed to objectively assess the level and dynamics of the impact of quarantine measures on the world economy; tabular method - to illustrate the results of empirical research to study negative trends. Comparative research methods were also used to study the world experience of eliminating the effects of Covid-19 on the tourism industry; abstract-logical and system-structural - during the proof of the hypothesis.
Conclusions. Tourism is a sector of the economy that is highly profitable and has made a significant contribution to filling local budgets and increasing annual GDP in general. It should also be noted that the tourism industry is closely intertwined with various industries and the negative impact of quarantine restrictions, as well as negatively reflected on them. The statistics analyzed in the paper indicate that this industry has suffered the most due to the introduction of quarantine measures, which has prompted the tourism company to quickly join the new conditions and reorient its activities. So, to support the tourism and related sectors of the economy, expanding pandemics and reducing its effects, the authors, first of all, propose to develop an internal tourism and recreation market, create conditions for the formation of a new innovative rehabilitation direction in the recreation complex and psycho-emotional state after coronavirus disease, which is carried out with important consequences.
Originality/value. The authors have put forward a benefit and now need an idea for the rehabilitation of patients after coronavirus, as a result of which the consequences of the disease are sometimes important and require an appropriate rehabilitation period. The articles substantiate the need for support from state institutions of the tourism industry during pandemics and the authors propose to compile a tourist and recreational area of responsibility for the organization of rehabilitation conditions after treatment of coronavirus.
Practical implications. The fact that the issue addressed by the article is necessary and adaptation in quarantine is important for every enterprise, especially for tourism enterprises, and the problem is not fully explored. Thus, the research and analysis conducted in the articles are relevant and requires detailed study and formation of new areas of tourism development, the formation of complex aspects of improvement and adaptation of tourism in a pandemic. Responsibly important support from government agencies in the tourism industry will promote the intensive development of the domestic tourism and recreation sector with elements of rehabilitation measures after coronavirus disease.
1. Malska M. P., Antonyuk N. V., Hanych N. M. (2008). Mizhnarodnyi turyzm i sfera posluh [International tourism and services]. Кyiv: Knowledge, 661 р.
2. Dubodelova A. V., Kulyniak I. Y. (2016). Tendentsii rozvytku restorannoho hospodarstva Lvivshchyny [Restaurant business development trends in Lviv region]. Actual Problems of Economics, 10 (184), рр. 198-208.
3. Halkiv L. I., Halaz L. V., Denbitskaya J. (2019). Teoretychni zasady ta instytutsiine seredovyshche rozvytku medychnoho turyzmu v systemi chynnykiv poperedzhennia vtrat liudskoho kapitalu. [Theoretical principles and institutional environment for the development of medical tourism in the system of factors preventing the loss of human capital]. Bulletin of Lviv Polytechnic National University. Series "Problems of Economics and Management", 4, рр. 24-33.
4. Prokopyshyn-rashkevych L. M., Shadurska B. O., Petrovych Y. M. (2020). Industriia turyzmu v Ukraini: perspektyvni napriamy ta vyklyky suchasnosti [Tourism industry in Ukraine: promising areas and challenges of today]. Journal of Lviv Polytechnic National University. Series of Economics and Management Issues, 4(1), рр. 72-82.
5. Nepochatenko V. O. (2020). Covid-19 i turyzm: analiz sytuatsii ta ekonomichni shliakhy vykhodu z kryzy [Covid-19 and tourism: analysis of the situation and economic ways out of the crisis]. Efficient economy, 7. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=8079. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32702/2307-2105-2020.7.52
6. Danilina S. O., Kotsiurubenko H. M., Shikina O. V. (2020). Finansovo-ekonomichni naslidky pandemii dlia svitovoi turystychnoi haluzi [Financial and economic consequences of the pandemic for the world tourism industry]. World Economy and International Economic Relations, 52(1), 29-34. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32843/bses.52-4
7. Bondarenko A. H., Duhienko N. O. (2020). Vplyv pandemii covid-19 na mizhnarodnyi turyzm [The impact of the covid-19 pandemic on international tourism]. Eastern Europe: economy, business and governance. Series: World economy and international economic relations, 3(26), рр. 3-7. DOI https://doi.org/10.32782/easterneurope.26-1
8. Haisheng Hu, Yang Yang, Jin Zhang (2021). Avoiding panic during pandemics: COVID-19 and tourism-related businesses. Tourism Management, 14 March 2021. Retrieved from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ article/pii/S0261517721000352. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2021.104316
9. Xin (Cathy) Jin, Mingya Qu, Jigang Bao (2019). Impact of crisis events on Chinese outbound tourist flow: A framework for post-events growth. Tourism Management, 24 April 2019, 74, 334-344. Retrieved from: https://www. sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0261517719300731#! DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2019.04.011
10. Informatsiina panel VOOZ shchodo COVID-19 [WHO Information Panel on COVID-19]. Retrieved from https://covid19.who.int.
11. World Travel Tourism Council: Zvity pro ekonomichnyi vplyv vid COVID-19 [World Travel Tourism Council: Reports on economic impact from COVID-19]. Retrieved from: https://wttc.org/Research/Economic-Impact.
12. KNOEMA: Dani Vsesvitnoi rady z pytan podorozhei i turyzmu [KNOEMA: Data from the World Travel and Tourism Council]. Retrieved from: https://knoema.ru/WTTC2019/world-travel-and-tourism-council-data.
13. KNOEMA: Pokaznyky svitovoho rozvytku [KNOEMA: Indicators of world development]. Retrieved from: https://knoema.ru/WBWDI2019Jan/world-development-indicators-wdi.
14. UNWTO: Informatsiina panel danykh pro turyzm [UNWTO: Information panel on tourism data]. Retrieved from: https://www.unwto.org/unwto-tourism-dashboard
15. International Monetary Fund: Zvit pro finansovu stabilnist [International Monetary Fund: Financial Stability Report]. Retrieved from: https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/GFSR/Issues/2020/04/14/global-financ...
16. IATA: Finansovyi monitorynh aviakompanii [IATA: Financial monitoring of airlines]. Retrieved from: https://www.iata.org/en/iata-repository/publications/economic-reports/ai....
17. International Monetary Fund: Vidpovidi polityky na COVID-19 [International Monetary Fund: Policy responses to COVID-19]. Retrieved from: https://www.imf.org/en/Topics/imf-and-covid19/Policy-Responses-toCOVID-19#U.
18. UNWTO: Mizhnarodnyi turyzm ta COVID-19 [UNWTO: International tourism and COVID-19]. Retrieved from: https://www.unwto.org/international-tourism-and-covid-19.
19. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [Official site of State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
20. UNWTO: Barometr svitovoho turyzmu cerpen / veresen 2020 roku [UNWTO: Barometer of world tourism August / September 2020]. Retrieved from:
21. UNWTO: Barometr svitovoho turyzmu zhovten 2020 [UNWTO: Barometer of world tourism October 2020]. Retrieved from: https://www.e-unwto.org/doi/epdf/10.18111/wtobarometereng.2020.18.1.6.