Purpose. The goal of the research is to characterize the profile and study the behavior of consumers on the market of organic products based on the results of marketing research. It is important to identify marketing tools that will stimulate demand for organic products.
Design/methodology/approach. Achieving these goals will contribute to the use of general and special research methods, such as: abstract-logical, analysis and synthesis, comparative analysis and monograph, generalization - to formulate the theoretical and methodological foundations of the study, conclusions and prospects for further research; sample observation with the use of specially designed questionnaires - to form a sample of research and identify key characteristics and motives of consumer behavior in the market of organic products; analysis of time series, averages and relative values - to analyze the state and dynamics of the market of organic products; tabular and graphical - to visualize the results of the study.
Findings. As a result of the study, the differences between the concepts of "environmentally eco products", "environmentally friendly products" and "organic products" were established, and the use of the latter term was substantiated. An analysis of the state and dynamics of the market of organic products was conducted to assess the prospects for its development and regulation. Problems of its formation in Ukraine are revealed, a group of marketing threats is singled out. The key characteristics of the consumer of organic products are studied and generalized portrait is given. According to the results of sample observation, the key motives for the behavior of existing and potential consumers of organic food market were identified. Marketing tools are offered to solve current problems of formation of the organic food market and to stimulate consumer demand.
Practical implications. The market for organic products is actively developing around the world. Consumers are interested in a healthy lifestyle, care about their health and the environment, so choose food wisely. Therefore, organic products are interesting to consumers, who prefer expensive products if they are confident in its quality. Due to this, the market of organic products is being formed in Ukraine. Therefore, clarifying such issues as determining the theoretical basis, studying the prospects of the organic market, the portrait of the consumer and the motives of the behavior will help to intensify this process.
Originality/value. Considering the global trends and possibilities of organic food market in Ukraine, the results of marketing research on the behavior of existing and potential consumers are very important and relevant to intensify this process. The expediency of application of the term "organic products" for formation theoretical and methodological preconditions of formation the organic food market in Ukraine is substantiated in the work; identified prospects and key threats to its development, and suggested directions to eliminate them; the portrait of the consumer of organic products is characterized and motives of its behavior are defined, offers concerning stimulation of this kind of demand are given.
- Bagorka M. O. (2017). Stan ta problemy rozvytku rynku orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini [Status and problems of development of the organic products market in Ukraine]. Black Sea Economic Studies, Vol. 14, pp. 29-33. (In Ukrainian).
- Vdovich V. G. & Cherkaska I. S. (2013). Suchasnyi stan vyrobnytstva orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini. [The current state of organic production in Ukraine]. Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. Series Economics, agricultural management, business, Vol. 181 (6), pp. 408-415. (In Ukrainian).
- Volkova I. M. (2013). Doslidzhennia povedinky spozhyvachiv na rynku orhanichnoi produktsii [Research of consumer behavior in the market of organic products]. Collection of scientific works of the Tavriya State Agrotechnological University (economic sciences), №1 (2), рр. 47-53. (In Ukrainian).
- Eroshina T. V. (2012). Ekolohichno chysta produktsiia APK: sut poniattia, suspilno-heohrafichni pidkhody do doslidzhennia. [Environmentally friendly agricultural products: the essence of the concept, socio-geographical approaches to the study]. Ukrainian Geographical Journal, №2, pp. 33-37. (In Ukrainian).
- Kobets M. I. (2004). Orhanichne zemlerobstvo v konteksti staloho rozvytku [Organic farming in the context of sustainable development]. Project «Agricultural Policy for Human Development». Current issues of agricultural policy: a collection of works, pp. 104-132. (In Ukrainian).
- Kovalchuk S. V. & Zaburmekha E. M. (2017). Marketynhovi tsyfrovi tekhnolohii u doslidzhenni spozhyvachiv orhanichnoi produktsii [Marketing digital technologies in the study of consumers of organic products]. Marketing and digital technologies, №1, рр. 34-51. (In Ukrainian).
- Kosar N. S. & Kuzio N. E. (2016). Doslidzhennia rynku orhanichnykh produktiv kharchuvannia Ukrainy ta napriamy pidvyshchennia yikh konkurentospromozhnosti. [Research of the market of organic food products of Ukraine and directions of increase of their competitiveness]. Efficient economy, №2. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4777 (In Ukrainian).
- Kuchmiyov A. V. (2011). Ekolohichnyi marketynh u systemi ekoloho-ekonomichnoho upravlinnia. [Ecological marketing in the system of ecological and economic management]. Efficient economy, №11. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=2278 (In Ukrainian).
- Milovanov E. (2004). Tendentsii rozvytku rynku ukrainskoi orhanichnoi produktsii [Trends in the development of the Ukrainian organic products market]. Current trends in the production and marketing of organic products: materials of the scientific-practical seminar (Lviv, March 31, 2004). Lviv, pp. 37-42. (In Ukrainian).
- On the way to green modernization of the economy: a model of sustainable consumption and production: dov. (2017). S.V. Berzina and others. Kyiv: Institute of Ecological Management and Balanced Nature Management. (In Ukrainian).
- Na shliakhu do zelenoi modernizatsii ekonomiky: model staloho spozhyvannia ta vyrobnytstva Tendentsii rozvytku rynku ukrainskoi orhanichnoi produktsii [On the basic principles and requirements for organic production, circulation and labeling of organic products]: Law of Ukraine of 10.07.2018 No. 36. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2496-19#Text (In Ukrainian).
- Semenda D. K. & Semenda O. V. Otsinka vnutrishnoho rynku orhanichnoi produktsii Ukrainy ta povedinka spozhyvachiv na nomu [Assessment of the domestic market of organic products of Ukraine and consumer behavior in it]. Young Scientist, 2019. №11 (75), pp. 609-614. (In Ukrainian).
- Chaika T. O. Peredumovy rozvytku rynku orhanichnoi produktsii v Ukraini. [Prerequisites for the development of the organic products market in Ukraine]. Marketing and Innovation Management, 2011. №4, Vol.1, pp. 233-240. (In Ukrainian).
- Shushpanov D. G. (2016). Sotsialno-ekonomichni osoblyvosti spozhyvannia produktiv kharchuvannia ta yikh vplyv na stan zdorovia naselennia Ukrainy [Socio-economic features of food consumption and their impact on the health of the population of Ukraine]. Actual problems of economy, №7, рр. 344-36. (In Ukrainian).
- Barna M., Popadynets N., & Shults S. (2017). Differences in consumer buying behavior in consumer markets of the EU member states and Ukraine. Economic Annals-XXI, 166(1-2), рр. 26-30. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V166-05
- Baydas A., Yalman F. & Bayat M. (2021). Consumer Attitude Towards Organic Food: Determinants of Healthy Behaviour. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 1, рр. 96-111. Retrieved from: http://doi.org/10.21272/mmi.2021.1-08
- National Organic Standard Board Recommendations (National Organic Program USDA). Retrieved from: https://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/organic/nosb
- Olasiuk H. & Bhardwaj U. (2019). An Exploration of Issues Affecting Consumer Purchase Decisions Towards Eco-friendly Brands. Marketing and Management of Innovations, 2, рр. 173-184. Retrieved from: https://mmi.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/sites/default/files/15_MMI-02-2019_A270-2019_Olasiuk_0.pdf
- Panukhnyk O., Popadynets N. & Fedotova Y. (2019). Analysis and modeling of factor determinants of food provision at consumer market of Ukraine. Global Journal of Environmental Science Management, 5(51), рр. 215-226. Retrieved from: http://dx.doi.org/10.22034/gjesm.2019.05.SI.24
- Shults S., Popadynets N., Bilyk I., Teslya D., Kosar N., Kapii O. & Kubrak N. (2021). Factor determinants of the consumer market tvelopment. Accounting, 7(3), рр. 63-572. DOI: 10.5267 / j.ac.2021.1.002 Retrieved from: http://growingscience.com/beta/ac/4541-factor-determinants-of-the-consum...
- Shushpanov D. G. (2016). Socioeconomic features of food consumption and their influence on population health in Ukraine. Actual Problems of Economics, 7(181), рр. 344-356.
- The World of Organic Agriculture: Statistic and Emerging Trends 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.fibl.org/fileadmin/documents/shop/5011-organic-world-2020.pdf
- Tolok G. A., & Tolok Y. V. (2020). Environmental protection of quality and safety of foodstuffs. Efektyvna ekonomika, 6. Retrieved November, 20. Retrieved from: http//www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/6_2018/50.pdf
- Wong S.L., Hsu C.-C. & Chen H.-S. (2018). To Buy or Not to Buy? Consumer Attitudes and Purchase Intentions for Suboptimal Food. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(7). Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15071431