Purpose. The purpose of this study is to improve the concept interpretation of “reputation institute”, to determine the level of its development in Ukrainian society, to generalize the main criteria characterizing the reputation of a business operating in Ukraine; definition of phenomena, trends of social responsibility, which concern Ukrainians; surveying the impact of the responsibility of the business as a whole and its employees on consumer purchase decisions and the formation of the main trends of the society’s rejection of business that does not meet its expectations and generally accepted norms.
Design/methodology/approach. Such scientific theoretical research methods as a theoretical generalization to interpret the definitions of “business reputation institute” and “cancelation culture”; survey methods to determine the impact of business responsibility, its behavior on the market and in the social space on consumer decisions; methods of graphical presentation and generalization of data to display the generalization of the survey results and form conclusions regarding the determination of the main levers of application of the refusal policy concerning business.
Findings. The concept of “business reputation” has been improved and the main criteria characterizing business reputation have been summarized. The phenomena and trends of social responsibility, which are important for Ukrainian society, are analyzed. A survey was considered on the influence of business responsibility on the purchasing decision of consumers, and the main trends of the policy of society's rejection of business that does not meet its expectations were formed. Practical implications. The results of this research have practical implications for businesses who want to reach competitive advantages in Ukraine market or succeed in developing social responsibility; future research can be provided on the basics of this publication.
Originality/value. The importance of the research is raising the topic of the institution of reputation, social responsibility, and the development of Ukrainians as a united and strong nation. There are not many studies on this topic, while it is often raised only in the public space, as a discussion of a specific situation, so it is important to create research and scientific works, because this will raise the general level of consciousness of the Ukrainian population, and therefore promote social values and improve well-being, in particular at the economic level.
This article analyzes the main factors that can influence the consumer’s opinion regarding the consumption of the products and services of this or that company, and also carries out its research in this regard to find out what worries citizens the most now, as well as to reveal the level of their awareness about those or other problems, world trends in the socio-cultural sphere
1. Krushelnytskyi M. V. Еuropean model of social and economic responsibility of business. IV All-Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Conference "Public Management and Administration in the Processes of Economic Reforms". 2020. P. 399.
2. Holishevska A. V. Valuable functioning parameters of political reputation. Abstracts of VII International Scientific and Practical Conference Canada, Vancouver. 2020. P. 113.
3. Reputation of socially responsible corporations in the world financial market / N. Orlova et al. Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice. 2020. Vol. 4, no. 35, рр. 144-151. URL: https://doi.org/ 10.18371/fcaptp.v4i35.221855.
4. Varlamova M., Yengoian H. World trends of business social responsibility development. Galic'kij ekonomičnij visnik. 2019. Vol. 60, no. 5, рр. 58-65. URL: https://doi.org/10.33108/galicianvisnyk_tntu2019.05.058. https://doi.org/10.33108/galicianvisnyk_tntu2019.05.058
5. Bykonya O. S. Institute of reputation in the aspect of innovative development of enterprise. Ukrainian Academy of Business and Entrepreneurship, Chernihiv, 2010, рр. 456-465.
6. I. Y. Luchka. on the concept of business reputation and inclusion in the economic code of the right to business reputation of business entities as a corresponding legal institution. Law Forum, 2017, No. 5, рр. 236-240.
7. Kartavtseva Y. V., Luchka I. Yu. The essence of business reputation regarding business entities. Legal Bulletin, 2017, Vol. 1, No. 42, рр. 133-139.
8. Business reputation. Bulletin of Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after V. V. Dokuchayeva, 2021, Vol. 2, No. 2, рр. 349-357.
9. Aparov A. M., Lobchenko V. V. Actual problems of protecting the business reputation of business entities in Ukraine. State and regions, 2015, pp. 48-54.
10. Novytskyi A. M. Defamation as an institute of information law, 2016, pp. 57-62.
11. Sudomyr S. M. Business reputation as a strategic factor of enterprise development. Bulletin of the KHNAU named after V. V. Dokuchayeva, 2017, No. 4, рр. 424-429.
12. Tarasyuk H. M., Laguta Y. M. The place of corporate social responsibility in the company's reputation management. Zhytomyr Polytechnic State University, 2021.
13. Social responsibility of business in conditions of war. YOU country, 2022.
14. Trends, global challenges and attitude to politics. YOU country, 2022.
15.Research on the impact of business responsibility on consumer choice. Social survey. URL: https://forms.gle/HeBWqFKETKs2Gvyo6.
16. Khoroschak Kateryna. "They will find everything about you". Maryna Starodubska on cancel culture, the institution of reputation in Ukraine and the mentality of Ukrainians. Ukrainian Pravda. URL: https://life.pravda.com. ua/culture/2022/02/21/247525/.
17. Products of the Ukrainophobe Yulia Privalova's trademark are being withdrawn from sale. Espresso. URL: https://zahid.espreso.tv/magazini-zabirayut-iz-prodazhu-tovari-tm-yaro-v....
18. Solonina E. "Hand of the Kremlin" on the book market of Ukraine: Yakaboo is not the only one. Radio Svoboda. URL: https://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/30347985.html.
19. Sternenko. Shariy is hysterical because of the Ukrainians who held a rally near his house in Spain. Exclusive, 2022. YouTube. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52StgKfDBo.
20. Lutsenko E. Nestle will continue to work in the Russian Federation. The company owns such brands as Nesquik, "Svitoch", "Torchyn". Public TV. URL: https://hromadske.ua/posts/nestle-prodovzhit-pracyuvati-v-rfkompaniyi-na....
21. We create cosmetics that will allow everyone to feel unique. Elfagroup Russia. URL: https://ru.elfagroup.com/.