The Ukrainian market of graphic design, which belongs to the sphere of creative industries, demonstrates high rates of development. The derivative nature of commercial demand for graphic design services, including professional design services, is determined by the dominance of video content in the network, the introduction of innovative technologies through digitalization of virtual space in the formation of social media feeds, loyal attitude of the target audience to integrate advertising, per- sonalized and relevant offer active development of stock image, video and music platforms.
The total amount of taxes paid by the design industry during 2016-2018 amounted to UAH 259 million. In 2019-2020, the amount of taxes paid by this sector will increase one and a half to two times a year.
The individualization of advertising appeals has led to the need for in-depth study of the content and characteristics of attributes and values of goods that influence consumer purchasing decisions by marketers, designers and other professionals in related fields. A separate area of research is to study the impact of the psychology of design decisions on increasing the loyalty of end users and increase sales of companies in the sector.
The application of a customer-oriented approach in the Ukrainian graphic design sector actual- izes the identification of the tasks facing design from the standpoint of marketing approach.
The aim of the study is to present the results of the study on the impact of psychological aspects of design decisions on the effectiveness of customer companies through such marketing tools as in- creasing brand awareness, increasing loyalty of end users, deepening interaction with content, feed- back and more.
Graphic design is an integral part of industrial and trade policy, as well as one of the marketing tools used in the process of product creation and customer service, pricing, advertising, branding, merchandising and more.
The main tasks of design stem from the mastery of basic psychological principles in creating the concept of design (von Restorf effect, Gestalt principles, visceral reaction, color psychology, psychol- ogy of form, double coding theory, cognitive load theory).
The expansion of marketing areas of design in the practice of service providers has led in the largest cities of Ukraine to the formation of sustainable design communities, the beginning of profes- sional design activities, the introduction of niche publications, public procurement and more. As a re- sult, there is an increase in the capacity of the design market – the total cost of procurement of design services for the period 2016 – by August 2019 increased to UAH 62 million.
It has been established that the biggest competitors in the market of graphic design of Ukraine are now the design agency «MUZIKA.UA», graphic design studio SHANKA; Bypaul design studio; BRANDME; Wezom; Marat and Abordazh.
On the example of projects of the agency «MUZIKA.UA», a leader in the design market, analyzed the effectiveness of design decisions in terms of: brand awareness, by measuring the average website traf- fic, levels of interaction with content, sales growth and market share due to design solutions per month. Based on the study of the economic situation in the design market of Ukraine, the practical involvement in the market of graphic design of one of the authors allowed to identify the main problems of market development. By identifying the main problems of the development of the graphic design market, direc- tions for solving problems have been formed and proposed for practical use.
The intensification of intra-industry competition requires a study of the levels of concentration in the target markets of graphic design, taking into account the risks of marketing and financial activi- ties, which should be the subject of a separate study.
- Borysova, M. Dyzain i marketynh: zviazok, pro yakyi my zabuvaiemo [Design and marketing: a connection we forget]. Telegraf. Retrieved from: https://telegraf.design/dyzajn-i-marketyng-zv-yazok-pro-yakyj-my- zabuvayemo// (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Hladun, O. (2019). Do problemy vizualnoi movy hrafichnoho dyzainu Ukrainy [To the problem of visual language of graphic design of Ukraine]. Visnyk KhDADM [Bulletin of the KhDADM], 5, 42–46 (in Ukrainian).
- Ivchenko, N. A.(2018). Poniattia «Hrafichnyi dyzain» [The concept of «Graphic Design»]. Visnyk Prydni- provskoi derzhavnoi akademii budivnytstva ta arkhitektury [Bulletin of the Dnieper State Academy of Civil Engineer- ing and Architecture], 5, 245–246. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.30838/J.BPSACEA.2312.271118. 89.371 (ac- cessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Zeleniuk, A. (2019). Dyzain-systema yak instrument rozvytku brendu [design system as a tool of brand de- velopment]. Molodyi vchenyi [Young scientist], 1 (65), 20–22. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.32839/2304- 5809/2019-1-65-5 (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Kim, O. (2021). Hrafichnyi dyzain reklamy: marketynhovi proiekty u sferi zovnishnoekonomichnoi diial- nosti zhidno kontseptsii agile-marketynh ta eduscrum [graphic design of advertising: marketing projects in the field of foreign economic activity according to agile-marketing and eduscrum concepts]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo [Economy and society], (28). Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.32782/2524-0072/2021-28-26 (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Oklander, M. A., Zharska, I. O. (2014). Povedinka spozhyvacha [Consumer behavior]. K.: «Tsentr uchbovoi literatury» [«Center for Educational Literature»], 208 (in Ukrainian).
- Pryshchenko, S. (2019). Ekolohiia kultury: vizualni stereotypy v reklami vs. kreatyvni tekhnolohii [Ecology of culture: visual stereotypes in advertising vs. creative technologies]. Demiurh: idei, tekhnolohii, perspektyvy dyza- inu [Demiurge: ideas, technologies, design perspectives]. 2, 2, 221–240 (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Psykholohiia dyzainu [Psychology of design]. DesignTalk.club. Retrieved from: https://designtalk.club/ nauka-za-lashtunkamy-psyhologichni-pryntsypy-dyzajnu-chastyna-1/ (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Rudyi, V. (2019). Dyzain v Ukraini: obsiahy industrii, skilky zarobliaiut dyzainery ta de navchaiutsia – in- fohrafika [Design in Ukraine: volumes of industry, how much designers earn and where they study – infographics]. Retrieved from: https://nachasi.com/creative/2019/12/12/design-in-ukraine/ (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Saprykina, L. (2019). Formuvannia profesiinoi kompetentnosti maibutnikh dyzaineriv z vykorystanniam innovatsiinykh tekhnolohii [Formation of professional competence of future designers with the use of innovative technologies]. Demiurh: idei, tekhnolohii, perspektyvy dyzainu [Demiurge: ideas, technologies, design perspectives], 2(2), 229–236. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.31866/2617-79188.8.131.529.189732 (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).
- Sbitnieva, N. F. (2015). Tendentsii rozvytku suchasnoho hrafichnoho dyzainu: povernennia do rukotvor- nosti [Trends in modern graphic design: a return to handicrafts]. Visnyk KhDADM [Bulletin of the KhDADM], 4, 60–66 (in Ukrainian).
- Sluta, Yu. M., Dubrivna, A. P. (2020). Tendentsii vykorystannia koloru v proektuvanni reklamy yak khu- dozhno-komunikatyvnyi fenomen [Trends in the use of color in the design of advertising as an artistic and communi- cative phenomenon]. Tekhnolohii ta dyzain [Technology and design]. 4 (37), 1–10 (in Ukrainian).
- Stan rozvytku dyzay̆ nu v Ukraïni [The state of design development in Ukraine] (2019). PPV Knowledge Networks, Ukrainskyi kulturnyi fond [Ukrainian Cultural Foundation], 73 (in Ukrainian).
- Cherkesova, I. (2019). Hrafichnyi dyzain v aspekti poiednannia nepoiednuvanoho [Graphic design in terms of combining the incompatible]. Demiurh: idei, tekhnolohii, perspektyvy dyzainu [Demiurge: ideas, technologies, design perspectives], 2(2), 206–215. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.31866/2617-79184.108.40.2069.189726 (accessed 29 November 2021) (in Ukrainian).