Strain-resistant properties of GaAs whiskers and ribbons of p- and n-type conductivity with various
length (0.3–7 mm) and diameter (10–40 μm) have been investigated in a wide range of
temperatures. Strain gages based on heavily doped p-type conductivity GaAs whiskers have linear
deformation characteristics and a weak temperature dependence of strain sensitivity in the
temperature range from –20 to +3500 °C. The temperature coefficient of resistance (TСR) of not
fixed strain gages is about +(0.12–0.16)% × grad–1. The temperature coefficient of strain sensitivity
is –0.03 % × deg–1 in the temperature range –120+800 °C. Strain gages based on n-type GaAs
ribbons are characterized by high flexibility and high strain sensitivity. They are capable up to
+4000 °C and can be used to measure deformations on curved surfaces at high temperatures. TСR
of not fixed strain gages is –0.01 +0.03 % × grad–1. The temperature coefficient of strain sensitivity
is –0.16% × deg–1 in the temperature range –120 ... +4000 °С.
- Dubrovskii V. G., Soshnikov I. P., Sibirev N. V., Cirlin G. E., Ustinov V. M. Growth of GaAs nanoscale whiskers by magnetron sputtering deposition, Journal of crystal growth, 289(1), (2006), 31–36.
- Borgström M., Deppert K., Samuelson L., Seifert W. Size-and shape-controlled GaAs nano-whiskers grown by MOVPE: a growth study, Journal of crystal growth, 2004, 260(1–2), 18–22.
- Metaferia W., Schulte K. L., Simon J., Johnston S., Ptak A. J. Gallium arsenide solar cells grown at rates exceeding 300 μm h– 1 by hydride vapor phase epitaxy, Nature communications, 2019, 10(1), 1–8.
- Ohlsson B. J., Björk M. T., Magnusson M. H., Deppert K., Samuelson L., Wallenberg L. R. Size-, shape-, and position-controlled GaAs nano-whiskers, Applied Physics Letters, 2001, 79(20), 3335–3337.
- Dong B., Zaghloul M. E. Generation and enhancement of surface acoustic waves on a highly doped p-type GaAs substrate, Nanoscale Advances, 2019, 1(9), 3537–3546.
- Lee H. J., Look D. C. Hole transport in pure and doped GaAs, Journal of applied physics, 1983, 54(8), 4446– 4452.
- Lysak V., Soshnikov I. P., Lahderanta E., Cirlin G. E. Piezoelectric effect in GaAs nanowires: Experiment and theory, Physica status solidi (RRL)-Rapid Research Letters, 2016, 10(2), 172–175.
- Donmez O., Sarcan F., Erol A. Determination of the acoustic phonon-hot carriers interaction in n-and p-type modulation-doped GaInNAs/GaAs quantum wells, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 2021, 612, 412946.
- Zhou J., Wu M. W. Spin relaxation due to the Bir-Aronov-Pikus mechanism in intrinsic and p-type GaAs quantum wells from a fully microscopic approach, Physical Review B, 2008, 77(7), 075318.
- Long Y., Huang J. Z., Wei Z., Luo J. W., Jiang X. OFF Current Suppression by Gate-gontrolled Strain in The N-type GaAs Piezoelectric FinFETs, In 2019 International Conference on Simulation of Semiconductor Processes and Devices (SISPAD), pp. 1–4. IEEE (2019, September).
- Zhou J., Cheng J.L., Wu M.W. Spin relaxation in n-type GaAs quantum wells from a fully microscopic approach, Physical Review B, 2007, 75(4), 045305.
- Hsu Y. W., Lu S. S., Chang P. Z. Piezoresistive response induced by piezoelectric charges in n-type GaAs mesa resistors for application in stress transducers, Journal of applied physics, 1999, 85(1), 333–340.