The article historical and legal analysis of infringement of rights under the law in force in the Ukrainian lands in the 11th–18th centuries. It is concluded that the first wine life deprived of all human rights and civil rights, which led to his complete all injustice and so-called “political” or “civic death”. Over time, the trend of narrowing the rights denied convicted, and reducing their term. Defeat rights were directed not against personal dignity as a person convicted but against those goods that belonged to him as a citizen. Natural was the idea of getting rid of a man who had violated the rules of behavior, social structure, and the rights which it enjoyed as a member of society. The defeat was applied as rights to punish the guilty and to protect him from other members of society.
1. Muzychenko P. P. (1999). Istoriia derzhavy i prava Ukrainy [History of State and Law of Ukraine], Tovarystvo “Znannia” Publ., KOO Publ., Kyiv, 662 p., (in Ukrainian).
2. Rohozhyn A. Y., Strakhov M. M., Honcharenko V. D. et al. (1996). Istoriia derzhavy i prava Ukrainy [History of State and Law of Ukraine], ed. acad. Academy of sciences of Ukraine A.Y. Rohozhyna, In Yure Publ., Kyiv, parts 2, part 1, 368 p., (in Ukrainian).
3. Chaikovskyi A. S. (Head group of authors, Ed.), Batrymenko V. I., Kopylenko O. L. and others (2001). Istoriia derzhavy i prava Ukrainy [History of state and law of Ukraine], Yurinkom Inter Publ., Kyiv, 384 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Honcharenko V. D. (Eds.), Rohozhyn A. Y., Sviatotskyi O. D. (1997). Khrestomatiia z istorii derzhavy i prava Ukrainy [Readings on the history of law in Ukraine], In Yure Publ., Kyiv, parts 2, part 1. From ancient times to the beginning of the 20th century, 464 p. (in Ukrainian).
5. Yushkov S.V. (Eds.). (1952). Pamyatniki russkogo prava [Monuments of Russian law]. A.A. Zimin (comp.), Gosyurizdat Publ., Moscow, vol. 1: Monuments of law of the Kiev state 10th-12th centuries, 287 p. (in Russian).
6. Shamjakin I.P. (ed. in Chief) etc. (1989). Statut Vjalikaga knjastva Litouskaga. 1588: tjeksty, davednyk, kamentaryi [The Statute of the Grand duchy of Lithuania. 1588: texts, directory, comments], Belaruskaja saveckaja jencyklapedyja, Minsk, 573 p. (in Belarusian).
7. Histsova L.Z., Demchenko L.Ya. (Comp.) (1994).Arkhiv Kosha Novoi Zaporozkoi Sichi. Opys sprav 1713–1776 [Archives of New Zaporizhzhya Sich Kosh. Description affairs 1713–1776], Naukova dumka Publ., Kyiv, 232 p. (in Ukrainian).
8. Hrozovskyi I.M. (1998). Zvychaieve pravo zaporozkykh kozakiv : avtoref. dys. na zdobuttia nauk. stupenia kand. yuryd. nauk: spets. 12.00.01 “Teoriia ta istoriia derzhavy i prava; istoriia politychnykh i pravovykh uchen” [Customary law Zaporizhzhya Cossacks. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis], Nats. yuryd. akad. Ukrainy im. Ya. Mudroho Publ., Kharkiv, 17 p. (in Ukrainian).
9. Hrozovskyi I. M. (1997). Cossack law, Pravo Ukrainy (Law of Ukraine), no 6, Pp. 76–80. (in Ukrainian).
10. Hurzhii O. I. (1994). Pravo v ukrainskii kozatskii derzhavi (druha polovyna XVII–XVIII st.) [Right in the Ukrainian Cossack state (second half of 17th–18th centuries)], In-t istorii Ukrainy AN Ukrainy Publ., Kyiv, 48 p. (in Ukrainian).
11. Yavornytskyi D. I. (1990). Istoriia zaporizkykh kozakiv [History of Zaporizhzhya Cossacks]. I.I. Svarnyk (lane of Russian), O. M. Apanovych (compilation), Svit Publ., Lviv, vols. 3, vol. 1, 319 p. (in Ukrainian).
12. Tagantsev N. S. (1902). Russkoe ugolovnoe pravo: lektsii [Russian criminal law: lectures], Gos. tip. Publ., St-Petersburg, General part, vol. 2, 1460 p. (in Russian).
13. Sergeevskii N.D. (1900). Russkoe ugolovnoe pravo [Russian criminal law], Tipografiya M. M. Stasyulevicha Publ., St-Petersburg, general part, 385 p. (in Russian).
14. Foinitskii I.Ya. (2000). Uchenie o nakazanii v svyazi s tyur'movedeniem [Doctrine of punishment in connection with the conduct of prison], Dobrosvet–2000 Publ., Gorodets Publ., Moscow, 464 p. (in Russian).
15. Sofronenko K. A. (Eds.). (1961). Pamyatniki russkogo prava [Monuments of Russian law], Gosyurizdat Publ., Moscow, vol. 8: legislative acts of Peter 1. The first quarter of the 18th century, 667 p. (in Russian).
16. Zakony Ugolovnye (Sv. Zak., t. XV, izd. 1885 g. po prod. 1906 i 1908 g. g. s pozdneishimi uzakoneniyami) [Criminal Laws (Code of laws, vol. 15, ed. 1885 to cont. 1906 and 1908 was with later by legislation)]. (1910). Index, compiled V. N. Novikovym and D. S. Postolovskim, Tipografiya M. M. Stasyulevicha Publ., St-Petersburg, 749 p. (in Russian).