The principle of action is being considered, design and features of the design process of the electric heater of the induction type fluid, which differs from the existing devices of similar purpose with high levels of reliability and protection against electric shock, good technical and economic indicators are considered.
The research methodology has developed a technique for designing an induction water heater of the original design and to check the accuracy of these methods. The research methods used to achieve this goal combine the advantages of analytical approaches and numerical simulation. Therefore, the design calculation and analysis of technical indicators are based on classical electrical engineering and theory of electric machines AC, and the refinement of design decisions related to the course of electromagnetic processes - using the finite element method.
The design algorithm developed includes a design synthesis step and a mathematical model for the calculation of dynamic electromagnetic processes in a heater. It takes into account the two- dimensional spatial distribution of the magnetic field, the saturation of the magnetic circuit and the loss from eddy currents in it, the effect of displacement of current in the heating element. This model is based on the Maxwell equations in a quasi-stationary approximation, and also contains a series of correlations that relate circular (integral) and field (distributed) indices. It can be attributed to the class of circle-field or combined models.
The article describes the design and an example of calculating an induction water heater with a power of 4.8 kW, the efficiency of which exceeds 95 %. The results of the calculation of the nominal values of this heater obtained using analytical methods and FEM analysis are compared.
The conducted researches give the right to state that the application of the proposed design methodology guarantees the compliance of the project with the requirements of the technical specification and will not require the implementation of costly stages of the manufacture of physical models and their experimental testing.
- Gustafson, M.W., Baylor J.S., Epstein G. Direct water heater load control – estimating program effectiveness using an engineering model. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 8(1), 1993, pp. 137–143.
- Goh C. H. K., Apt J. Consumer strategies for controlling electric water heaters under dynamic pricing. Carnegie Mellon Electricity Industry Center , Pitsburgh, PA, Working Paper CEIC-04-02, 2004, рр. 1–8.
- Levshin G. E., Levshin A. G. Indukcionnyj jelektromagnitnyj nagrevatel' zhidkostej. Polzunovskij vestnik, #1, 2015, s. 26–30.
- Hmelev V. N., Barsukov R. V., Il'chenko, E. V.: Osobennosti proektirovanija vodonagrevatelja indukcionnogo tipa. Juzhno-Sibirskij nauchnyj vestnik, #2, 2014, s. 82–85.
- Obolenskij N. V., Mironov E. B., Krasikov S. B. Rezul'taty issledovanij po vyjavleniju naibolee jenergosberegajushhej konstrukcii jelektricheskogo nagrevatelja vody. Vestnik FGOUVPO «Moskovskij gosudarstvennyj agroinzhenernyj universitet im. VP Gorjachkina». 3(54), 2012, s. 27–29.
- Kuvaldin A. B., Abdrashitov V. M. Razrabotka i opyt jekspluatacii indukcionnyh nagrevatelej zhidkostej transformatornogo tipa. Promyshlennyj jelektroobogrev i jelektrootoplenie, #1, 2012, s. 56–59.
- US Pat. 4,563,571. Electric water heating device with decreased mineral scale. Koga R.; Takahashi Y. Matsushita Electric Industrial Company, Limited, Japan. 07.01.1986.
- Boadi A., Tsuchida Y., Todaka T., Enokizono M. Designing of suitable construction of high-frequency induction heating coil by using finite-element method. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 41(10), 2005, pp. 4048–4050.
- Healy W.M., Lutz J.D., Lekov A.B. Variability in Energy Factor Test Results for Residential Electric Water Heaters. HVAC&R Research, 9(4), 2003, pp. 435–449.