The article presents the results of mathematical modeling of the energy-dynamic processes of a wind farm which includes a battery energy storage system (BESS). The dependence between load capacity and energy generation capabilities of the active set of a wind power plant taking into account the energy capacity of BESS has been determined. A mathematical model of the BESS has been developed. The elaborated model is compared with two other models: a black box module and a model based on equivalent circuit model. The application of the developed model provides an opportunity to optimize the energy capacity of BESS for the specified parameters and modes of operation of the wind power plant. Using the obtained results expands the possibilities of the adequate management of energy-dynamic modes of energy systems with renewable energy sources, provides mitigation of transition processes in conditions of insufficient or excessive wind speeds and consumer loads.
- O. Stoyan, “International experience of the state regulation and stimulation of renewable energy development”, Chernihiv State Technological University Journal, Economic Sciences, Chernihiv, Ukraine, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 320-326, 2014. (Ukrainian)
- A. Povkhanych, “Wind energy as a key element of energy strategy”, Scientific Journal of Uzhhorod National University, Uzhhorod, Ukraine, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 81-86, 2017. (Ukrainian)
- V. Kravchyshyn, “Intellectualization of control of complex system of generation of electric energy”, Ph.D. dissertation, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine, 2019. (Ukrainia n)
- Muhammad Jabir, Hazlee Azil Illias, Safdar Raza and Hazlie Mokhlis, “Intermittent Smoothing Approaches for Wind Power Output: A Review”, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI): Energies, vol. 10, no. 10, 2017.
- Xiangjun Li, Dong Hui and Xiaokang Lai, “Battery Energy Storage Station (BESS)-Based Smoothing Control of Photovoltaic (PV) and Wind Power Generation Fluctuations”, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 464-473, 2013.
- C.-F. Lu,C.-C. Liu and C.-J. Wu, “Dynamic modelling of battery energy storage system and application to power system stability”, IEE Proceedings - Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 142, pp. 429-435, 1995.
- Xin Jiang, Guoliang Nan and Hao Liu, “Optimization of Battery Energy Storage System Capacity for Wind Farm with Considering Auxiliary Services Compensation”, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI): Applied Sciences, vol. 10, no. 8, 2018.
- Heejung Park, “A Stochastic Planning Model for Battery Energy Storage Systems Coupled with Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics”, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI): Energies, vol. 14, 2021.
- Oscar Danilo Montoya, Walter Gil-González and Jesus C. Hernández, “Optimal Selection and Location of BESS Systems in Medium-Voltage Rural Distribution Networks for Minimizing Greenhouse Gas Emissions”, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI): Electronics, vol. 9, 2020.
- Cong-Long Nguyen, Tae-Won Chun and Hong-Hee Lee, “Determination of the Optimal Battery Capacity Based on a Life Time Cost Function in Wind Farm”, in Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 51-58, Denver, Colorado, USA, 2013.
- Cong-Long Nguyen, Hong-Hee Lee and Tae-Won Chun, “Cost-Optimized Battery Capacity and Short-Term Power Dispatch Control for Wind Farm”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 51, no. 1 pp. 595-606, 2015.
- Giuliano Rancilio, Alexandre Lucas, Evangelos Kotsakis, Gianluca Fulli, Marco Merlo, Maurizio Delfanti and Marcelo Masera, “Modeling a Large-Scale Battery Energy Storage System for Power Grid Application Analysis”, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI): Energies, vol. 12, 2019.
- M. Ahmed, Modeling Lithium-ion Battery Chargers in PLECS. Plexim Inc. pp. 1–9, 2016.
- T. Sabirzyanov, M. Kubkin and V. Soldatenko, V. Martynenko, “Generalized mathematical model of energy storage”, Collection of scientific papers of Kirovohrad national technical university, Kirovohrad, Ukraine, vol. 25, pp. 145–150, 2012. (Ukrainian)
- M. Byk, S. Frolenkova, O. Buket and G. Vasiliev, Technical electrochemistry. Part 2. Chemical current sources. Kyiv, Ukraine: Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, 2018.
- Lian-xing Li, Xin-cun Tang, Yi Qu and Hong-tao Liu, “CC-CV charge protocol based on spherical diffusion model”, Journal of Central South University, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 319–322, 2011.
- A. Voroshylov, A. Petrov and E. Chudinov, “Lithium-iron-phosphate battery. Modeling of charging mode”, News of electrical engineering, vol. 104, no. 2, 2017. (Russian)
- Byeong-Kak Kim, Seong-Mi Park and Sung-Jun Park, “A Study on Single-Mode Charger Using DC modeling Equivalent Estimation of the Battery”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology, vol 3.24, no. 7, pp. 201-205, 2018.
- J. Thomson Sandy, Thomas Polly and R. Anjali, “Elizabeth Rajan Design and Prototype Modelling of a CC/CV Electric Vehicle Battery Charging Circuit”, in 2018 International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology (ICCSDET), Kottayam, India, 2018.
- V. Kravchyshyn, M. Medykovskyy, R. Melnyk and O. Shunevych, “Studying the control modes of energy-dynamic processes in power supply systems with BESS”, Scientific Journal of UNFU of Ukraine, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 291-298, 2016. (Ukrainian)
- V. Kravchyshyn, M. Medykovskyy and R. Melnyk, “Modification of Dynamic Programming Method in Determining Active Composition of Wind Power Stations”, Computational problems of electrical engineering, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 83-90, 2016.
- “Wind turbine V52/850”, https://www.thewindpower .net/turbine_en_27_vestas_v52-850.php.
- X. Li, L. Xu, J. Hua, X. Lin, J. Li, and M. Ouyang, “Power management strategy for vehicular-applied hybrid fuel cell/battery power system,” J. Power Sources, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 542–549, Jun. 2009.
- X. Li, J. Li, L. Xu, M. Ouyang, X. Han, L. Lu, and C. Lin, “Online management of lithium-ion battery based on time-triggered controller area network for fuel cell hybrid vehicle applications,” J. Power Sources, vol. 195, no. 10, pp. 3338–3343, May 2010.