The heating value of synthesis gas derived as a result of the fuel gasification can vary depending on various factors. The main factors that affect the process of gasification is the fractional composition of wood; the amount of air fed to the gasification chamber; the height of the active layer and a series of other factors, dependent on fuel which is gasified and parameters of the gasifier. Any type of wood has to be to ground up for subsequent thermal processing. Depending on the production necessity, wood is ground up to technological chips of different fractions by chipping machines (also called wood chippers, shredder). The choice of chippers type depends on the need. Modern chipping machines allow making fine tuning of the source material by wood size. Considering the deficit and cost of energy carriers to the forefront using waste of wood chippers as fuel for gas-generator installations and solid fuel boilers.
- Lyamin V. A. Effect of chipping of wood on the output of liquid products of gasification / V. A. Lyamin, A. Nemkin // Journal “Wood chemical industry”. – M., 1940. – No. 8 – P. 34–38 (in Russian).
- Lyamin V. A. Gasification of small chips of varying humidity / V. A. Lyamin // Journal “The hydrolysis and resin industry”. – 1962. –
No. 8. – P. 8–11. (in Russian).
- Ukraine patent for utility model number 38952, INC C10J 3/00. Gas generator / S. S. Lys, Y. S. Badera, Y. M. Hnatyshyn; Owner: NLTU Ukraine; Appl. 08.09.2008; Publish. 26.01.2009, Bulletin No. 2 (in Ukrainian).
- Lys S.S. Thermal processing of wood by a continuous layer of gaseous fuel / S. S. Lys, Y. S. Mysak // Eastern European Journal of advanced technologies. – Kharkiv, 2012. – No. 3/8 (57). – P. 47–49 (in Ukrainian).
- Hrycak S. A. Research in the woodworking : methodical instructions / S. A. Hrycak, O. A. Boyko, A. S. Kushpit. – Lviv, Ukraine UkrDLTU, 2002. – 26 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Pizhurin A.A. Fundamentals of modeling and optimization of processes of woodworking / A. A. Pizhurin, M. S. Rosenblit. – A textbook for high schools. – M.: Forestry, 1988. – 296 p. (in Russian).
- Pilipchuk M. I. Basic of scientific research / M. I. Pilipchuk, A. S. Grigoriev, V. V. Shostak. – Lviv: Publishing house “Knowledge”, 2007. – 234 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Chaurasia A. Modeling, simulation, and optimization of pyrolysis of biomass / A. Chaurasia, B. Babu // LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. – 2011. – 440 р.