At woodworking enterprises, there is a large amount of wood waste the energy potential of which can be used as an alternative source of energy for the generation of heat energy at boiler houses. Gasification is one of the cheapest and environmentally friendly methods for processing organic wood waste and obtaining an additional source of energy. The process of gasification occurs when wood waste is heated to high temperatures in the presence of oxygen, which results in the generation of combustible gas. Producer gas should be used to save traditional energy sources in the generation of heat energy. This article discusses the design of the gasifier which is intended for utilization of wood waste from a wood-processing enterprise and the simultaneous generation of producer gas. Generted producer gas is used in a boiler-house of a wood-processing enterprise as an alternative source of energy for the preparation of the heating system coolant. The lower heat of generated producer gas combustion is established.
- Mohiriev, A., Bezrukykh, Yu., Medvedev, S. (2015) Processing of wood waste from enterprises of the forest industry complex as a factor of sustainable nature management. Engineering Bulletin of the Don. 2, Part 2 - 13 p. (in Russian).
- Klyus, S. (2012) Determination and prediction of the energy potential of wood and its waste. Scientific Bulletin of the Ukrainian National Forestry University. 22.7, p. 84-91. (in Ukrainian) http://nltu.edu.ua/nv/Archive/2012/22_07/84_Klu.pdf
- Zhelykh, V., Savchenko, O., Bagmet, S. (2017) Alternative types of fuel during waste wood utilization. Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference “Energy Efficiency in the Fields of Economics of Ukraine”, Vinnytsia, 11-13 October 2017, p. 69-71. (in Ukrainian)
- Timerbaev, N., Safin, R., Khisameeva, A., Iskhakov, T. (2013) Perfection of technology and technology of gasification of high-moisture waste: monograph, Kazan: Publishing House of Kazan National Research Technological University, 92 p. (in Russian).
- Lyamin, V. (1967) Gasification of wood. Moscow: Publishing house "Forest industry", 262 p. (in Russian).
- S. Lys, Y. Mysak, T. Kravets. Determination of Wood Fractional Composition Effect on Gasification Process. Energy Eng. Control Syst., 2016, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 5 – 8. https://doi.org/10.23939/jeecs2016.01.005
- Pratik N. Sheth, Babu, B. (2009) Experimental studies on producer gas generation from wood waste in a downdraft biomass gasifier. Elsevier. Bioresource Technology. Vol. 100, Issue 12, pp. 3127-3133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2009.01.024
- Savchenko, O., Balinsky, I. (2010) Extraction and transportation of combustible gases: A synopsis of lectures. Lviv: Publishing house of Lviv Polytechnic National University. 75 p. (in Ukrainian)