Brushless motor with open-pole stator and permanent magnet rotor characterized by sufficient simplicity of design and manufacturing techniques. It is also relatively economical for asynchronous electric machines. At the same time, it provides much higher quality consumer characteristics. According to the widespread use of traditional designs with internal rotor gearless drive for a number of mechanisms is often necessary to use a design with external rotor. This design is simple, reliable, technological and economical. Methods of synthesis, optimization and research brushless motor with external rotor and permanent magnets require a simple and reliable method of the thermal state calculation of the main components, as it affects energy performance and reliability of this machine.
Estimation features of a thermal condition of the main components of the brushless electromechanical converter with an open-pole stator and an external rotor with permanent magnets are considered in the article. Particular attention is paid to the importance of such an assessment for electromechanical brushless converters with permanent magnets on the rotor, the maximum allowable operating temperature for which is limited to low values. Such magnetic materials are known to be significantly cheaper at high-energy values, but lose, often irreversibly, the magnetic properties when the temperature of the allowable heating is exceeded. On the other hand, for a number of applications of such an electromechanical converters. For example, in motor-wheel in vehicles, the cooling surface of the rotor with permanent magnets is closed-type, which gives grounds to consider the need to assess the thermal state of the main components of the electromechanical converter of brushless motor, especially external rotor with permanent magnets, in all stages of its design — synthesis, optimization of geometric dimensions and research.
The proposed method of a thermal calculus of brushless electromechanical converter elements, such with permanent magnets on the rotor, allows with sufficient accuracy for engineering practice to perform appropriate calculations of these motors, in particular, for direct drive of mechanisms.
- Tkachuk V. I., Biliakovskyy I. Ye. Osoblyvosti proektuvannia ventylnykh dvyhuniv dlia lehkovahovykh transportnykh zasobiv [Features of design of brush-less DC motors for light vehicles]. Electroenergetychni ta electromehanichni systemy. Visnyk NULP No. 671, pp. 102-108, 2010 (in Ukrainian). https://vlp.com.ua/node/5088.
- Quanwu Li, Manfeng Dou, Bo Tan, Haitao Zhang, and Dongdong Zhao. Electromagnetic-Thermal Integrated Design Optimization for Hypersonic Vehicle Short-Time Duty PM Brushless DC Motor. International Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 2016, Volume 2016: DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/9725416
- Lu Q.-F., Zhang X.-M., Chen Y., Huang X.-Y., Ye Y.-Y., and Zhu Z. Q. Modeling and investigation of thermal characteristics of a water-cooled permanent-magnet linear motor IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 2086-2096, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2365198
- Zaiazmin Y. N., Azwan Ismail K., Abdul Manan M. S., Atikah Haji Awang, A New Approach to Reduce the Thermal Modeling Experiment Time by Estimating the Settling Time. Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 660, p. 768, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.660.768
- Sharifan, S. Ebrahimi, A. Oraee and H. Oraee Performance comparison between brushless PM and induction motors for hybrid electric vehicle applications. Intl Aegean Conference on Electrical Machines & Power Electronics (ACEMP), 2015 Intl Conference on Optimization of Electrical & Electronic Equipment (OPTIM) & 2015 Intl Symposium on Advanced Electromechanical Motion Systems, pp. 719-724, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/OPTIM.2015.7492473
- Dhote V. P., Lokhande M. M., Agrawal A. and Kumar B. H. Mechanical coupling of two induction motor drives for the applications of an electric-drive vehicle system 2017 National Power Electronics Conference (NPEC), pp. 330-333, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/VPPC.2008.4677686
- Lianbing Li, Qingyun Zhao, Guangkui Shi and Huajun Wang, Analysis of feasibility of Double-Rotor Motor applied to Hybrid Electric Vehicle. IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, p. 1-5, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/VPPC.2008.4677686
- Zhu. X., Chen L., Quan L., Sun Y., Hua W. and Wang Z. A New Magnetic-Planetary-Geared Permanent Magnet Brushless Machine for Hybrid Electric Vehicle / // IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 4642-4645, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2202276
- Biliakovs'kyj Ihor, Rostyslav Bilovus, Lidiia Kasha, Bohdan Kopchak, Osoblyvosti rozrakhunku optymal'nykh heometrychnykh rozmiriv ventyl'nykh dvyhuniv postijnoho strumu [Features of optimum calculation of brush-less direct current motor] // Materialy III MK molodykh vchenykh EPECS-2011, Ukraina, L'viv, pp. 46-49, 2011 (in Ukrainian). http://ena.lp.edu.ua:8080/handle/ntb/20140.
- Biliakovs'kyj I. Ye., Kopchak B. L., Kopchak L. S., Tsiapa V. B. Vykorystannia nechitkykh rehuliatoriv dlia pokraschennia kharakterystyk elektropryvodiv z bezschitkovymy dvyhunamy postijnoho strumu. Elektrotekhnichni ta komp'iuterni systemy [Use of fuzzy controllers to improve the performance of electric drives with brushless DC motors], No. 3, pp. 446-447, 2011 (in Ukrainian). http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/etks_2011_3_153
- Tkachuk V. I., Biliakovs'kyj I. Ye., Kasha L. V. Elementy optymizatsii ventyl'nykh dvyhuniv z postijnymy mahnitamy [Elements of optimization of brush-less motors with permanent magnets]. Elektroenerhetychni ta elektromekhanichni systemy, Visnyk NULP No. 707, Lviv: NULP, pp. 109-114, 2011 (in Ukrainian). http://ena.lp.edu.ua:8080/handle/ntb/10869.
- Romanyshyn T.L. Obgruntuvannia vyboru materialu postijnykh mahnitiv dlia lovyl'nykh prystroiv [Rationale for the choice of material of permanent magnets for fishing devices ]. Rozvidka ta rozrobka naftovykh i hazovykh rodovysch. 2013. No. 1(46), pp. 143-152, 2013. (in Ukrainian) https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 261279107_Thermal_Modeling_of_a_BLDC_Motor_for_a_Kick_Scooter.
- Tkachuk V. I., Biliakovs'kyj I. Ye., Prodyus V. M., Vajda B. R. Osoblyvosti teplovoho rozrakhunku elektromekhanichnoho peretvoriuvacha z iavnopoliusnym statorom i zovnishnim pasyvnym rotorom [Features of thermal calculation of the electromechanical converter with an open-pole stator and an external passive rotor ]. Visnyk NULP "Elektroenerhetychni ta elektromekhanichni systemy", No. 587, pp. 94-100, 2007.(in Ukrainian). http://ena.lp.edu.ua/handle/ntb/35505.
- Kasha L. Automated research system of electric drives on the basis of switched reluctance motors, The Experience of Designing and Application of CAD Systems in Microelectronics, 2003. CADSM 2003. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference., 2003, pp. 129-136, DOI: 10.1109/CADSM.2003.1255006. Han B., Liu X., Huang Z., Zhang X. and Zhou Y. Loss Calculation, Thermal Analysis, and Measurement of Magnetically Suspended PM Machine. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 4514-4523, June 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2772140