The work is focused on features of knowledge storage and its reuse in companies whose activities are related to software development. The concepts of knowledge, knowledge management and knowledge management systems from the standpoint of their usage in an IT company are given. It is determined that organizational knowledge is divided into explicit, which can be presented in the form of a letter, instructions, reference book, etc., and implicit, which exists only in an employee’s mind directly and cannot be easily extracted. The main goal of knowledge management is formed, which is the organization of processes of creation, storage, acquisition, transfer and application of knowledge. The main strategies of knowledge are described, including the creation of knowledge, storage and retrieval of knowledge, transfer and exchange of knowledge, application of knowledge, examples of their use in software development. The characteristics of the knowledge management system is given as an information system that is designed to improve the efficiency of knowledge management of the organization. This system allows to solve problems related to the variety of software projects in which the IT company is involved. The main structural components and functions of knowledge management systems are identified, which include search tools, content and interaction management tools, data storage tools and mining tools, as well as group and artificial intelligence tools. The features of the usage and implementation of knowledge management systems at the work of small and medium-sized IT companies on the example of the Academy Smart Ltd are analyzed. The emerging issues of implementation of the system and success factors are considered. The features of the knowledge management process in Academy Smart Ltd is given, conclusions about efficiency of this organization are made, according to what the directions of the further researches are formed.
- Maier, R. (2007). Knowledge management systems: Information and communication technologies for knowledge management (3rd ed.). Berlin: Springer.
- Bjørnson, F. O., Dingsøyr, T. (2008). Knowledge Management in Software Engineering: A Systematic Review of Studied Concepts, Findings and Research Methods Used. Information and Software Technology, 50(11), 1055-1168.
- Al-Busaidi, K. A., Olfman, L., Ryan, T., Leroy, G. (2010). Sharing Knowledge to A Knowledge Management System: Examining the motivators and the benefits in an Omani rganization. Journal of Organizational Knowledge Management, 2010, Article ID 325835.
- Tkachuk, M. V., Sokol, V. E., Bilova, M. O., Kosmachev, O. S. (2018). Classification, typical functionality and application peculiarities of learning management systems and training management systems at IT-companies. Modern Informational Systems, 2(4), 87-95.
- King, W. R., Qureshi, S., Kamal, M., Keen, P. (2009). «Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning». Faculty Books and Monographs. Book 302.
- Tworek, K., Walecka-Jankowska, K., Martan, J. (2015). Structure Reorganization Due to IT Information Functions Support for Knowledge Management. China-USA Business Review, 14, Serial Number 142, 216-227.
- Sokol, V. Y., Bronin, S. V., Karnaukh, V. E., Bilova, M. O. (2020). Developing Adaptive Learning Management Application for Project Team in IT-Industry. Bulletin of the National Technical University «KhPI». Series: System analysis, control and information technology, 1 (3), 97-105.
- Alam, S., Bhatti, S., Shah, A., Jadi, A. (2017). Impact and challenges of requirement engineering in agile methodologies: A systematic review. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 8(4), 411-420.
- Sensuse, D. I., Cahyaningsih, E. (2018). Knowledge Management Models: A Summative Review / International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector, 10, 1, 71-101.
- Iskandar, K., Jambak, M. I., Kosala, R., Prabowo H. (2017). Current Issue on Knowledge Management System for future research: a Systematic Literature Review. 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Computational Intelligence 2017, ICCSCI 2017, 13-14 October 2017, Bali, Indonesia, 68-80.
- Chugh, M., Chanderwal, N., Mishra, A.K. and Punia, D.K. (2019). The effect of knowledge management on perceived software process improvement: Mediating effects of critical success factors and moderating effect of the use of information technology. VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 49, 4, pp. 546-567.https://doi.org/10.1108/VJIKMS-11-2018-0106
- Fteimi, N. (2015). Analyzing the Literature on Knowledge Management Frameworks: Towards a Normative Knowledge Management Classification Schema. Twenty-Third European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Completed Research Papers, Paper 51.
- McGee, M. J. C. (2017). Information Technology Management Strategies to Implement Knowledge Management Systems. Louisiana Tech University.https://doi.org/10.7753/IJCATR0610.1001
- Wang Yu-M., Wang Yao-C. (2016). Determinants of firms' knowledge management system implementation: An empirical study. Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 64, 829-842.
- Bodicherla, S., Pamulapati, D. (2019). Knowledge Management Maturity Model for Agile Software Development.
- Official Web-site of the Academy Smart Ltd IT-company https://academysmart.com.ua/
- Zahari, A. S. M., Salleh, S. M., Baniamin, R. M. R. (2019). Knowledge Management and e-Learning in Organisations. In: Journal of Physics: Conference Series Volume 1529, The 2nd Joint International Conference on Emerging Computing Technology and Sports (JICETS) 25-27 November 2019, Bandung, Indonesia.https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1529/2/022051
- Ouriques, R. A. B., Wnuk, K., Gorschek, T., Svensson, R. B. (2019). Knowledge Management Strategies and Processes in Agile Software Development: A Systematic Literature Review. International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, 29(3), 345-380.