The article analyzes the main indicators that characterize the population of Ukraine, in particu- lar unemployment, mobility by region, birth rate and mortality, in particular, the forecast of the popu- lation of Ukraine and in terms of two categories such as ages 0–14 years and 65 years and older.
The information on the experience of Ukrainians working abroad by regions during 2002 and 2020, trends of international migration for the period 1990–2020 and migration of the population from Ukraine are given. As it shown, the lowest figure was in 2010 and amounted to 5.4 million people living outside the country. The decline in the number of Ukrainian labor migrants abroad has doubled in the last 15 years, in 2010 - due to the global economic crisis and the emergence of problems with employ- ment of migrants abroad and in 2020 – declining trends directly depended on global restrictions and lockdown citizens lost their jobs and were forced to return home.
The factors of the international migration of the population and determine its global trends, scale and directions and the main typical causes of migration of Ukrainians, which have the greatest impact on the process of change of the country, were determined. Sometimes it is difficult to determine the main reason for moving and mostly migrants are driven by a combination of reasons and factors.
Many foreign countries declare their interest in Ukrainian labor migrants and are ready to in- troduce additional measures to attract and retain foreign workers in the market. The countries that have significantly weakened the living conditions for Ukrainian labor migrants in order to attract them more, including Poland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany and other countries, have been identified, and the main measures implemented have been described.
The migration processes in Ukraine that took place after February 24, 2022 and are related to martial law are also described.
- Baranovs'ka V. Pol'scha vzhe ne vlashtovuie. Ukraintsi vybyraiut' dlia zarobitkiv inshu krainu. [Poland is no longer satisfied. Ukrainians choose another country to earn money]. 2021. Retrieved from: https://economics.segodnya.ua/ua/economics/enews/polsha-uzhe-ne-ustraiva... druguyu-stranu-1576192.html.
- Biednova H., Huba R. V Ukraini vzhe 6,5 mil'joniv peremischenykh osib. [There are already 6.5 million displaced people in Ukraine]. 2022. Retrieved from: https://p.dw.com/p/48hs3.
- Departament sotsial'noho zakhystu naselennia, Pres-sluzhba ODA. Na L'vivschyni ofitsijno za- reiestruvalysia uzhe ponad 235 tysiach pereselentsiv: kil'ka prostykh krokiv, iak otrymaty status VPO. [More than 235,000 IDPs have already been officially registered in the Lviv region: a few simple steps on how to obtain IDP status]. 2022. Retrieved from: https://old.loda.gov.ua/news?id=67585.
- Державна служба статистики України. Експрес-випуск. Зайнятість та безробіття в ІV кварталі 2021 року. [Express issue. Employment and unemployment in the fourth quarter of 2021]. 2022. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/express/expr2022/03/28.pdf.
- Желіховський С. «Податковий рай» для трудових мігрантів? Як уряд Польщі переманює українців. ["Tax haven" for migrant workers? How the Polish government entices Ukrainians]. 2021. Retrieved from: https://lb.ua/world/2021/09/03/493158_podatkoviy_ray_trudovih.html.
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro zovnishniu trudovu mihratsiiu» [Law of Ukraine "On external labor migration"] № 761-VIII vid 05.11.2015 r., iz zminamy i dopovnenniamy № 341-IX vid 05.12.2019 r.
- Ivaschenko K. Dynamika mihratsijnykh nastroiv naselennia Ukrainy: scho zminylos' za 30 rokiv? Ukrain- s'ke suspil'stvo: monitorynh sotsial'nykh zmin. 30 rokiv nezalezhnosti. [Dynamics of migration sentiments of the population of Ukraine: what has changed in 30 years? Ukrainian society: monitoring of social change. 30 years of independence]. Kyiv 2021r. Vypusk 8 (22). S. 169–184. Retrieved from: https://i-soc.com.ua/assets/files/ monitor- ing/monitoring-2021-bez-dodatkov.pdf.
- Malynovs'ka O. Ukraine Crisis Media Center. Mihratsiia v Ukraini: tsyfry i fakty. [Migration in Ukraine: figures and facts]. 2021r. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdhRR4gxzs Retrieved from: https://eba.com.ua/trudova-migratsiya-chy-pobilshaye-ukrayinskyh-zarobit....
- UKRINFORM. Ponad 3 mln ukraintsiv pratsiuie za kordonom na postijnij osnovi – Minsots-polityky. [UKRINFORM. More than 3 million Ukrainians work abroad on a permanent basis - the Ministry of Social Policy]. 2022. Retrieved from: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-diaspora/2752271-ponad-3-mln-ukrainciv-pracue-za- kordonom-na-postijnij-osnovi-minsocpolitiki.html.
- Filipchuk L., Lomonosova N., Syrbu O., Kabanets' Yu. Vymushena mihratsiia i vijna v Ukraini (24 liutoho – 24 bereznia 2022). [Forced migration and war in Ukraine (February 24 - March 24, 2022)]. 2022. Retrieved from: https://cedos.org.ua/researches/vymushena-migracziya-i-vijna-v-ukrayini-....
- Yavorovych T. Ukraina posila vos'me mistse u sviti za kil'kistiu emihrantiv. [Ukraine ranked eighth in the world in the number of emigrants]. 2021. Retrieved from: https://suspilne.media/190735-ukraina-posila- vosme- misce-u-sviti-za-kilkistu-emigrantiv.