Our studies of the environmental protection and rational use of resources will greatly facilitate the eco culture development of society, especially the younger generation. The art imagery, colouristics, nonstandard interpretation, emotion, humour, and satire are needed in modern eco posters, and so it becomes more important to use in the advertising appeal as a visual-verbal model such creative technologies as metaphor, metonymy, allegory, associations, as well as hyperbole. Comparing the reflection of eco problems and their understanding by society, we can mention that the level of eco culture in Europe is much higher. This is usually thanks to the daily nurturing of the society in this direction with the help of outdoor, television, web advertisements, supporting various eco-initiatives by the Governments and private funds, and discipline of all population concerning waste utilization. The visual means and main stages of the historical development of eco posters in the context of culture are analyzed. Authors are considering the imagery and stylistics of the eco poster as public advertising. These materials are part of the course of academic lectures “Design of Advertising”, which can be used not only for designers but also ecologists, advertisers, culturologists, sociologists and philosophers.
1. Anker, Р. (2010). From Bauhaus to Ecohouse: A History of Ecological Design. Louisiana Univ.Press. Retrieved from https://pederanker.com/2011/05/16/bauhaus-to-ecohouse/
2. Dabner, D., Stewart, S. & Zempol, E. (2015). Wizualizacja pomyslow. Teorie obrazu i tekstu. Wksiega: Szkola Projektowania Graficznego. Warszawa: ARKADY, 18-23. Retrieved from https://lubimyczytac.pl/ksiazka/287045/szkola-projektowania-graficznego-...
3. Designers Open. (2015). Catalogue. Leipzig. Retrieved from https://www.ub.uni-leipzig.de/en/open-science/publishing-services/
4. ECO-culture club (2021). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/ECO-culture-club-109900551139700
5. Heller, S. (2000). Graphic Style: from Victorian to Digital. New York: Harry N.Abrams Publishers. Retrieved from https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30890308404
6. INUAS network universities (2019). Retrieved from https://www.inuas.org
7. Nature Graphics (2014). China: Send Points Publisher. Retrieved from https://www.nature.com/nature/for-authors/final-submission
8. Papanek, V. (2004). Dyzajn dlya realnoho myra. Moskva: Yzdatel D.Aronov.
9. Pryshchenko, S. (2017). Proekt “Eko-kultura” dlya socialnyh zmin. Kulturni i kreatyvni industriyi: istoriya, teoriya ta suchasni praktyky: materialy Mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferenciyi. Kyiv: Nacional’na akademiya kerivnyh kadriv kultury i mystectv, 130-134.
10. Pryshchenko, S. (2018). Hkudozhno-obrazna systema reklamnoyi grafiky. Kyiv: Nacіonalna akademіya kerivnyh kadriv kultury i mystectv.
11. Rebelo, S., Pires, C., Martins, P., Bicker, J. & Machado, P. (2019). Designing Posters Towards a Seamless Integration in Urban Surroundings: A Computational Approach. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Digital and Interactive Arts. Article 54, 1-12. doi: https://doi.org/10.1145/3359852.3359900
12. Resnick, E. (2003). Design for Communication: Conceptual Graphic Design Basics. USA: Wiley. Retrieved from https://library.lincoln.ac.uk/items/85943
13. Social, economic and ecological aspects in the Design process (2022). Berlin: Bundespreis-ecodesign. Retrieved from http://www.bundespreis-ecodesign.de/en/ecodesign.html
14. Tarabashkina, L. (2015). Food advertising, children’s food choices and obesity: interplay of cognitive defences and product evaluation: an experimental study. Nature, 40, 581-586. Retrieved from http://www.nature.com/search?order=relevance&q=social%20advertising
15. Vasilenko, E.,Vasilenko, P., Pallotta, V., Barsukova, N. & Sichkar, T. (2021). Features of the design of social posters of the XXI century and their role in the formation of ecological culture. Proceedings of the International Conference “Ecological Paradigms of Sustainable Development: Political, Economic and Technological Dimension of Biosphere Problems”. Article 02008. Retrieved from https://www.e3s-conferences.org/articles/e3sconf/abs/2021/87/e3sconfepsd2021_02008/e3sconf_epsd2021_02008.html