The article presents a theoretical and legal analysis of the concept of legal policy. It is positioned as the main type of policy in general, because through it there is a state-volitional direction of state development in all spheres of public relations. It is generalized that the legal policy of civilized peoples must comply with the axiological principles of the rule of law, democracy, humanism, legality, coherence of the interests of the individual, society and state, and so on. The essence of legal public policy is strategic planning in the legal sphere as an ongoing process through which legal policy actors review the strategic direction of their organization and its activities to achieve the goals set by public authorities for the community. The state system of development planning covers a variety of instruments, including the legal basis of the state), as well as mechanisms for transforming the policy framework into a medium-term development sector. It is stated that the choice of time limits is determined by both the sphere of legal policy and the global nature of transformations. It is proved that the priority of the legal policy of the state is due to: the need to provide organizational and regulatory economic, political, social sphere of coexistence of people; the need to organize legal information; establishment of common directions of development of the state, public and legal space; the need to establish law and order in the state and ensure democratic axiological patterns; establishment of a unified state ideology; development of legal culture and legal awareness of society.
1. Iurydychna entsyklopediia (2002) [Legal encyclopedia] v 6 t. T. 4. redkol.: Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. K. : «Ukr. entsykl.», 2002. 720 s [in Ukrainian].
2. Obolenskyi O. Yu., Lukin S. Yu. (2013) Pravova polityka yak forma zabezpechennia profesiinoi diialnosti derzhavnykh sluzhbovtsiv [Legal policy as a form of ensuring the professional activity of civil servants.. Efektyvnist derzhavnoho upravlinnia. [Efficiency of public administration] Vyp. 37. S. 107-113 [in Ukrainian].
3. Iurydychna entsyklopediia (2003) [Legal encyclopedia] v 6 t. redkol.: Yu. S. Shemshuchenko ta in. K. : Ukrainska entsyklopediia, 2003. T. 5: P-S. 736 s
4. Rassolov M. M., Malakhov V. P., Yvanov A. A. (2011) Aktualnыe problemы teoryy hosudarstva y prava : ucheb. posobye dlia studentov vuzov, obuchaiushchykhsia po spe tsyalnosty «Iurysprudentsyia» [Actual problems of the theory of state and law: textbook. manual for university students studying in the specialty "Jurisprudence"]. 2-e yzd., pererab. y dop. M. : YuNYTY-DANA: Zakon y pravo, 447 s [on Russian]
5. Tarakhonych T. I. (2016) Pravova polityka yak faktor vplyvu na protses pravovoho rehuliuvannia [Legal policy as a factor in the process of legal regulation.] Almanakh prava [Almanac of law]. Vyp. 7. S. 241-245. [in Ukrainian].
6. Ternavska V. (2018) Katehoriia "pravova polityka" (teoretyko-pravovyi analiz) [Category "legal policy" (theoretical and legal analysis)] Aktualni problemy pravoznavstva. [Actual problems of legal science] Vyp. 4. S. 18-22. [in Ukrainian].
7. Policy and Strategy How to Guide 2: Preparing a State Development Plan. (2015) Retrieved from: http://www.sparc-nigeria.com/planning-suite/P1181_how_to_2_state_dev_pla...
8. State Planning Strategy 2050 Retrieved from: https://www.dplh.wa.gov.au/getmedia/d698cbff-65c6-4afb-b4b7-9e12e6a3b5dd...
9. The Strategy for development of the Republic of Kazakhstan until the year 2030 Retrieved from: https://www.akorda.kz/en/official_documents/strategies_and_programs
10. Nediukha M. (2010) Pravova polityka Ukrainy: novitni vymiry [Legal Policy of Ukraine: News of Vimiri.] Visnyk Akademii upravlinnia MVS. [Newsletter of the Academy of Management MVS] № 4(16). S. 38-45. [in Ukrainian].