The article is devoted to the methodology and research results of traffic flow parameters on the arterial streets, where different regimes of prioritizing urban public transport operate. The regularities of changes of such parameters make it possible to identify and differentiate the sections of transport network in terms of service efficiency, with the aim to implement various regulatory measures that would help to minimize delays in traffic flow. Quantitative and qualitative criteria for ensuring priority transit of urban public transport on different sections of transport network depending on the intensity, speed and composition of traffic, as well as the roadway parameters are defined and substantiated. According to the research outcomes, scientifically based approaches are recommended for the implementation of different schemes of traffic flows control on the sections of the transport network, which differ in planning parameters and of traffic conditions and provide rational transport service based on the criterion of time loss for movement of residents. These results are adequate for large and very large cities with dense construction area
1. Planning and building-up territories. (2018). DBN Б.2.2-12:2018 from 01st September 2018. Kyiv: Minregion Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
2. Streets and roads of settlements. (2018). DBN В.2.3-5:2018 from 01st September 2018. Kyiv: Minregion Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
3. Gavrylov, E. V., Dmytrychenko, M. F., Dolia, V. K., Lanovyi, O. T., Lynnyk, I. E., & Polishchuk, V. P.(2007). Organizatsiia dorozhnioho rukhu [Traffic organization]. Kyiv: Znannia Ukrainy (in Ukrainian).
4. Fornalchyk, Ye. Yu., Mohyla, I. A., Trushevskyy, V. E., & Hilevych, V. V. (2018). Upravlinnia dorozhnim rukhom na rehuliovanykh perekhrestiakh u mistakh [Traffic management on controlled intersections in cities]. Lviv: Vudavnytstvo Lvivskoi Politekhniky (in Ukrainian).
5. Fornalchyk, Ye. Yu., Hilevych, V. V. & Mohyla, I.A. (2020). Modeliuvannia transportnykh potokiv [Traffic flow modeling]. Lviv: Vudavnytstvo Lvivskoi Politekhniky (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.23939/tt2020.01.065
6. Han, F., Han, Y., Ma, M., & Zhao, D. (2016). Research on Traffic Wave Characteristics of Bus in and out of Stop on Urban Expressway. Procedia Engineering, Volume 137, 309–314 [in English]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.01.263
7. Stoyanov, Pavel & Gagova, Plamena. (2012). Some Implementation of Quality of Public Transport. Transport Problems. Volume 7 Issue 2. 37–41 (in English).
8. Wahlstedt J. (2011). Impacts of Bus Priority in Coordinated Traffic Signals. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16, 578–587 (in English). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.04.478
9. Wang, Dan & Liu, Cheng Shan. (2018). Research on Priority Control Method of Conventional Public Traffic Signals. IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science. Volume 189. 1–7. (in English). https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/189/6/062053
10. Yang, M., Sun, G., Wang, W., Sun, X., Ding, J., & Han, J. (2018). Evaluation of the Pre-detective Signal Priority for Bus Rapid Transit: Coordinating the Primary and Secondary Intersections. Transport, Volume 33(1), 41-51. [in English]. https://doi.org/10.3846/16484142.2015.1004556
11. Furth, Peter & Muller, Theo. (2000). Conditional Bus Priority at Signalized Intersections: Better Service Quality with Less Traffic Disruption. Transportation Research Record. Volume 1731. 22–30 (in English). https://doi.org/10.3141/1731-04
12. Bai, Y., Li, J., Li, T., Yang, L., & Lyu, C. (2018). Traffic Signal Coordination for Tramlines with Passive Priority Strategy. Hindawi Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2018, 1–14. (in English). https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/6062878
13. Hounsell, N. B. & Shestha, B. P. (2005). AVL based Bus Priority at Traffic Signals: A Review and Case Study of Architectures. EJTIR. Volume 5. 13–29 (in English).
14. Zyryanov, Vladimir & Mironchuk, Aleksandr. (2012). Simulation Study of Intermittent Bus Lane and Bus Signal Priority Strategy. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. Volume 48. 1464–1471. (in English). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.06.1122
15. Currie, G., Sarvi, M., & Young, W. (2007). Balanced Road Space Allocation: A Comprehensive Approach. ITE Journal on the Web, 75–83 [in English].
16. Shu-Zhi, Z., Yue-Feng, G., & Qing-Fei, T. (2013). Road Capacity under the Influence of Bus Stops. Information Technology Journal, Volume 12(22), 6740–6744 [in English]. https://doi.org/10.3923/itj.2013.6740.6744
17. Huo, Y., Li, W., Zhao, J., & Zhu, S. (2018). Modelling Bus Delay at Bus Stop. Transport, Volume 33(1), 12–21. [in English]. https://doi.org/10.3846/16484142.2014.1003324