The issues of efficiency and rational organization of the civil service as an object of research of domestic and foreign scientists and practitioners, international non-governmental organizations are considered. Key factors of influence of the global and national social environment are analyzed with the emphasis on their influence on the level of effective functioning and construction of the civil service system. The criteria of openness, transparency, professionalism, efficiency and modernization for establishing ways of adaptation of national state institutions to European standards and improving the level of efficiency of public administration are evaluated. The main problems are revealed in the article and some aspects of forming of adaptive state administration which efficiency of functioning will provide growth of capacity and consolidation of strategic positions of economy of Ukraine will be offered, will increase opportunities for social requests of the population. On the basis of the defined systematic methodology for this research and selected methods and tools, some aspects of forming a system of criteria that can objectively evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the functioning of the public service in the public administration system are proposed.
1. Index of Economic Freedom Retrived from: https://www.heritage.org/index/country/ukraine
2. Funktsionalnyi ohliad, yak analitychna metodyka otsinky efektyvnosti upravlinskoi diialnosti: Dopovid N. Manninha i N. Parisona "Modernizatsiia federalnoiderzhavnoi sluzhby. Metodyka provedennia funktsionalnykh ohliadiv" [Functional Review as an Analytical Method for Assessing the Effectiveness of Management Activity: Report by N. Manning and N. Parison "Modernization of the Federal Civil Service. Functional inspection methodology"] Retrived from http://www.academia.org.ua.
3. Hlobalnyi zvit pro sotsialnu mobilnist do 2020 roku [Global report on social mobility by 2020]. Retrived from: http://reports.weforum.org/social-mobility-report-2020.
4. Molchanova, Yu. (2015). Efektyvnist upravlinskoi diialnosti v systemi derzhavnoi sluzhby : sotsialno-psykholohichnyi aspekt [The effectiveness of managerial activity in the civil service system: a socio-psychological aspect] Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii derzhavnoho upravlinnia pry Prezydentovi Ukrainy - Bulletin of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, 1, 427-434. - 2015. [in Ukrainian]
5. Nili, E., Adams, K., Kennerli, M. (2003). Prizma effektivnosti: karta sbalansirovannyh pokazatelej dlya izmereniya uspekha v biznese i upravlenii im [Performance Prism: A Balanced Scorecard for Measuring and Managing Business Success]. Dnipropetrovsk: Balance-Club [in Russian]
6. Norton, D., Kaplan R. (1996). Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System. Harvard Business Review
7. Postanova kabinetu ministriv Ukrainy Pro zatverdzhennia Derzhavnoi stratehii rehionalnoho rozvytku na period do 2020 roku vid 06.08.2014 r. №385 [Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Resolution On Approving the State Regional Development Strategy for the Period up to 2020 from 2014, 06 August] [in Ukrainian]
8. Realizatsiia haluzevykh stratehii rozvytku: prohramno-tsilovyi metod (2008) [Implementation of sectoral development strategies: a program-targeted method] Kyiv. [in Ukrainian]
9. Shkvorets, Yu.F. Kryterii ta pokaznyky otsinky efektyvnosti prohramno-tsilovoho finansuvannia tsentralnykh orhaniv upravlinnia z pytan nauky, innovatsiinoi diialnosti y osvity [Criteria and indicators for evaluating the effectiveness of program-targeted financing of central government bodies for science, innovation and education] Retrived from: http://iee.org.ua/files/alushta/06-shkvorec-kryteryy_ta_pokaznyky.pdf [in Ukrainian]
10. The International Civil Service Effectiveness (InCiSE) Index 2017 Retrived from: https://www.bsg.ox.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2019-01/International%20Civ...
11. Zvit pro hlobalnu konkurentospromozhnist za 2019 rik [2019 Global Competitiveness Report] Retrived from: http://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2019/