The article is devoted to the study of reducing the technogenic load on the environment due to the integrated processing of household metal scrap. A waste-free, resource-saving, and environmentally safe method is proposed for extracting technical products from tin cans scrap - iron (III) oxide, tin (II) complex, suitable for further use, as well as fertilizer for agricultural crops. As a result of theoretical and experimental studies, the direction of cans scrap recycling was selected with an assessment of the parameters and factors affecting the reagent process of scrap disposal. To verify the proposed method for can scrap processing in experimental studies, the reagent method and physical modeling were used together. The processes of the reagent can scrap recycling were studied in a laboratory-scale plant. The results of studies on the reagent can scrap processing with the individual component allocation in the form of their derivatives are presented. A block diagram and a hardware-technological scheme for scrap processing with the receipt of technical products have been developed. The possibility of processing other metal-containing wastes according to the proposed scheme, for example, electrical production, is shown.
1. Abdelrahman, N. A. (2015). Tin-Plate Corrosion in Canned Foods. Journal of Global Biosciences, 4 (7), 2966–2971.
2. Afanasyeva, T. A. (2008). Feasibility study for the development of an integrated production reliability management system. Modern high technology, (3), 49–54. [іn Russian]
3. Arena, N., Sinclair, P., Lee, J., & Clift, R. (2016). Life cycle engineering of production, use and recovery of self-chilling beverage cans. Journal of Cleaner Production, 142 (4), 1562–1570. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.11.148
4. Bezfamilnaya, E. V. (2012). Increasing environmental and economic efficiency while improving production technologies. Bulletin of SRSTU (NPI), (5), 83–89. [іn Russian]
5.Capuzzi, S., & Timelli, G. (2018). Preparation and Melting of Scrap in Aluminum Recycling: A Review. Metals, 8, 249. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/met8040249
6. Castro, P., Garrido, M., Reis, E., & Menezes, J. (2009). Ambivalence and conservation behavior: An exploratory study on the recycling of metal cans. Journal of Environmental Psychology, (29), 24–33. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2008.11.003
7. Chupakhin, V. M., & Leonov, I. T. (1974). Production of tin can containers. Moscow: Food industry. [іn Russian]
8. Dai, Y., Gordon, M., Ye, J., Zu, D., Lin, Z., Robinson, N., Woodard, R., & Harder, M. (2015). Why door-stepping can increase household waste recycling. Resources, Conservation, and Recycling, (102), 9–19. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.20-15.06.004
9. Deena, H., Khadeeja, P., Leena, P. K. Fahmi, Lekshmi, J. S., & Sreekumar, N. (2019). Production of Industrial Coagulant (Poly Aluminium Chloride) From Used Beverage Cans. Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 78 (07), 448–453.
10. Delo, A., Tabbaa, D., & Arwana, A. (2018). Study of Management for Household Waste. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, 9, 11 (E), 29781–29783. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.24327/ijrsr.2018.0911.2913
11. Finnveden, G., Hauschild, M. Z., Ekvall, T., Guinée, J., Heijungs, R., Hellweg, S., Koehler, A., Pennington, D., & Suh, S. (2009). Recent developments in Life Cycle Assessment. Journal of Environmental Management, (91), 1–21. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2009.06.06.018
12. Giurco, D., Litttleboy, A., Boyle, T., Fyfe, J., & White, S. (2014). Circular Economy: Questions for Responsible Minerals, Additive Manufacturing and Recycling of Metals. Resources, (3), 432-453. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/resources3020432
13. Khaliq, A., Rhamdhan, M. A., Brooks, G., & Masood, S. (2014). Metal extraction processes for electronic waste and existing industrial routes: a review and Australian perspective. Resources, (3), 152-179. doi:http://doi.org/10.3390/resources3010152
14. Kuntyi, O. I., Kurylets, O. G., Bilan, O. I., & Zatyrach, R. I. (2006). Non-electrolytic removal of thin tin coatings from white tin waste in sodium hydroxide solutions. Ecotechnologies and Resource Saving, (2), 49–51. [іn Ukrainian]
15. Kurylets, O. G., Znak, Z. O., & Savchuk, L. V. (2013). Leaching of tin from the waste of white tin in the drum apparatus. Energy Technologies and Resource Saving, (6), 43–49. [іn Ukrainian]
16. Lopez-Delgado, A., Lobo-Recio, M., Pena, C., Lopez, V., & Lopez, F. (2005). Characteristics and thermal detinning of ferrous scrap from Spanish MSW compost plants. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 44, 167–183. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2004.11.003
17. Markus, A. Reuter, Ilkka, & V. Kojo. (2012). Challenges of metals recycling. Materia, (2), 50-57.
18. Nigbur, D., Lyons, E., & Uzzell, D. (2010). Attitudes, norms, identity and environmental behavior: Using an expanded theory of planned behavior to predict participation in a kerbside recycling program. British Journal of Social Psychology, 49, 259–284. doi:https://doi.org/10.1348/014466609X449395
19. Olshanskaya, L. N., Bulkina, L. A., Lazareva, E. N., Egorov, V. V., & Shaykhiyev, I. G. (2014). Technological aspects of the recovery of toxic metals from galvanic waste for secondary use. Bulletin of Kazan Technological University (KTU), 17(7), 195–199. [іn Russian]
20. Pande, R. M., Kandharkar, S. U., & Patthe, R. B. (2015). Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) of Centrifugal Pump to Study. International Journal on Theoretical and Applied Research in Mechanical Engineering, 2 (4), 59–62.
21. Protsenko, A. V., Dmitrikov, V. P., Gunko, S. A., Egunko, V. V. (2011). On compliance with environmental standards in the disposal of sludge from spent manganese-zinc galvanic cells. Proceedings of the National Mining University, 36(2), 218–223. [іn Ukrainian]
22. Protsenko, A. V., Gulyayev, V. M., Anatskiy, A. S., & Dmitrikov, V. P. (2017). Reagent hydrochemical method for the extraction of tin from scrap tin cans. Proceedings of DDTU (Chemical technology. Biotechnology), 2(31), 113–117. [іn Ukrainian]
23. Savov, L., Volkova, E., & Janke, D. (2003). Cooper and Tin in Steel Scrap Recycling. RMZ – Materials and Geoenvironment, 50 (3), 627–640.
24. Selivanova, N. V., Trifonova, T. A., & Shirkin, L. A. (2011). Utilization of galvanic production waste. Bulletin of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1 (8), 2085–2088. [іn Russian]
25. Shakila, B. (2013). Recycling of Aluminium from Aluminium Cans. J. Chem. Soc. Pak., 35, 6, 1490–1493.
26. Tailoka, F., Kumar, R. V., & Fray, D. J. (2003). Mechanism of chlorination of tin in air and its application to steel can recycling. Ironmaking and Steelmaking, 30, 5, 391–395. doi:https://doi.org/10.1179/030192303225004033
27. Tarakanov, V. A. (2014). Recycling industry: supply and demand. Municipal solid waste, (1), 38–42. [іn Russian]
28. Tarasova, G. I. (2012). A rational method for producing a pigment filler from metal-containing industrial waste. Bulletin of BSTU named after V. G. Shukhov, (2), 128–132. [іn Russian]
29. Ugulu, I.. (2015). A quantitative investigation on recycling attitudes of gifted/talented students. Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment, 29:sup1, S20-S26. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13102818.2015.1047168
30. White, K. M., & Hyde, M. K. (2012). The Role of Self-Perceptions in the Prediction of Household Recycling Behavior in Australia. Environment and Behavior, 44 (6), 785–799. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/0013916511408069
31. Yavorskyi, V. T., Zozulia, G. I., & Buklіv, R. L. (2014). Utilization of valuable components from waste small electric sources. Bulletin of National University “Lviv Polytechnic”: Chemistry, technology of substances and their application, 787, 117–121. [іn Ukrainian]