We consider waste management and management as an area of ecological safety. As a result of the study, the ecological aspects of this branch of activity were analyzed on the example of the operation of the operating MSW landfill in the city of Kremenchuk. The prospective direction of the field of waste management in the region, as well as the state of its financing, are taken into account. Such dangerous factors in the operation of the municipal landfill for the environment as: pollution of groundwater and open dumps of the landfill have been identified. The chemical composition of the leachate formed in the body of the landfill was evaluated and the concentrations of pollutants were compared with the permissible values in wastewater discharged to the city sewer. Priority measures for landfill reclamation were proposed. We analyzed solid household waste landfills from the point of view of resource-energy saving, as an alternative source of energy thanks to the use of generated biogas, as well as extracted secondary resources.
1. About waste management: Law of Ukraine 2022, № 2320- ІХ (2022). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2320-20#Text
2. On the approval of the Management Strategy in Ukraine until 2030: Оrder Kabinetu ministriv Ukrainy 2017, №820-p (2017). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/820-2017 National Waste-%D1%80#Text
3. Regionalna programa ohoroni navkolishnogo prirodnogo seredovisha, racionalnogo vikoristannya prirodnih resursiv ta zabezpechennya ekologichnoyi bezpeki za pidsumkami regionalnih perevag Poltavskoyi oblasti na 2022-2027 (2022). Retrieved from https://oblrada-pl.gov.ua/sites/default/files/field/docs/no_2_vid_17.02....
4. Shmandiy, V., Titova, A., Kharlamova, O., & Rigas, T. (2022). Ensuring environmental safety by disposal of drilling waste. Naukovo-tehnichnij zhurnal, 1(25), 42-48. doi: https://doi.org/10.31471/2415-3184-2022-1(25)-42-48
5. Titova, A., Kharlamova, O., Bezdenezhnykh, L., & Bigdan, S. (2021). Optimization of the solid management system household waste in the Kremenchuk territorial community. Visnik Kremenchuckogo nacionalnogo universitetu imeni Mihajla Ostrogradskogo, 3(128), 51-56. doi: https://doi.org/10.30929/1995-0519.2021.3.51-56
6. Titova, A., Shmandiy, V., Kharlamova, O., Rygas, T., & Malovanyy, M. (2022). Technological aspects of landfill reclamation using industrial waste. Monografiya «Vodopostachannya ta vodovidvedennya. Proektuvannya, budivnictvo, ekspluataciya ta monitoring IV. Lublin, Poland: Lublin Polytechnic Publishing House.
7. Titova, A. (2023). Utilization of biogas from the household waste landfill as an element of environmental and energy security. Visnik Kremenchuckogo nacionalnogo universitetu imeni Mihajla Ostrogradskogo, 1/2023(138), 41-48.