The article is devoted to the development of a perception quality management method in softwaredefined
networking using IBN ideology. The so-called IBN (Intent-based networking) is based on the
well-known SDN (Software-Defined Network) and represents one of the most important new features of
network infrastructure. IBN offers network administrators a simple way to express business goals, such
as providing the necessary QoE, by allowing network software to automatically achieve these QoE goals.
This paper presents the design and implementation of a QoE (Quality of Expirience) monitoring system
for future intent-based software-defined networking (IBSDN) that will improve end-user experience and
allow more efficient use of network resources. The paper also presents methods for measuring network
parameters: latency and packet loss. A study is conducted to evaluate the performance of the proposed
monitoring system by generating audio and video traffic inMininet network
- C. E. Rothenberg et al., “Intent-based Control Loop for DASH Video Service Assurance using ML-based Edge QoE Estimation”, 2020 6th IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft), Ghent, Belgium, 2020, pp. 353–355.
- L. Wang and D. T. Delaney, “QoE Oriented Cognitive Network Based on Machine Learning and SDN”, 2019 IEEE 11th International Conference on Communication Software and Networks (ICCSN), Chongqing, China, 2019, pp. 678–681.
- A. A. Barakabitze et al., “QoE Management of Multimedia Streaming Services in Future Networks: A Tutorial and Survey”, in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 526–565.
- M. Beshley, A. Pryslupskyi, O. Panchenko and M. Seliuchenko, “Dynamic Switch Migration Method Based on QoE- Aware Priority Marking for Intent-Based Networking”, 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering (TCSET), Lviv- Slavske, Ukraine, 2020, pp. 864–868.
- B. E. Ujcich, A. Bates and W. H. Sanders, “Provenance for Intent-Based Networking”, 2020 6th IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft), Ghent, Belgium, 2020, pp. 195–199.
- O. Panchenko et al., “Method for adaptive client oriented management of quality of service in integrated SDN/CLOUD networks”, 2017 4th International Scientific-Practical Conference Problems of Infocommunications. Science and Technology (PIC S&T), Kharkov, 2017, pp. 452–455.
- B. Lewis, L. Fawcett, M. Broadbent and N. Race, “Using P4 to Enable Scalable Intents in Software Defined Networks”, 2018 IEEE 26th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Cambridge, 2018, pp. 442–443.
- M. Beshley, A. Pryslupskyi, O. Panchenko and H. Beshley, “SDN/Cloud Solutions for Intent-Based Networking”, 2019 3rd International Conference on Advanced Information and Communications Technologies (AICT), Lviv, Ukraine, 2019, pp. 22–25.
- M. Bezahaf et al., “Self-Generated Intent-Based System”, 2019 10th International Conference on Networks of the Future (NoF), Rome, Italy, 2019, pp. 138–140.
- A. Campanella, “Intent Based Network Operations”, 2019 Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC), San Diego, CA, USA, 2019, pp. 1–3.
- M. Beshley, P. Vesely, A. Prislupskiy, H. Beshley, М. Kyryk, V. Romanchuk, I. Kahalo, “Customer-Oriented Quality of Service Management Method for the Future Intent-Based Networking”, Applied Sciences, vol. 10, no. 22, pp. 8223-1–8223-38. Nov. 2020.
- M. Beshley, V. Romanchuk, M. Seliuchenko and A. Masiuk, “Investigation the modified priority queuing method based on virtualized network test bed”, The Experience of Designing and Application of CAD Systems in Microelectronics, Lviv, 2015, pp. 1–4.
- K. Sivakumar and M. Chandramouli, “Concepts of Network Intent”, Internet Research Task Force Internet Draft, Oct. 2017.
- T. Roscoe and D. Dimitrova, “Software defined networking, data centre perspective scalability & resilience”, Dec 20, 2017 2014. [Online].
- H. Abdelgader Eissa, K. A. Bozed and H. Younis, “Software Defined Networking”, 2019 19th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering (STA), Sousse, Tunisia, 2019, pp. 620–625, doi: 10.1109/STA.2019.8717234.
- M. Klymash et al., “The researching and modeling of structures of mobile networks for providing of multiservice radio access”, Proceedings of International Conference on Modern Problem of Radio Engineering, Telecommunications and Computer Science, Lviv-Slavske, 2012, pp. 281–282.
- S. Khorsandroo and A. S. Tosun, “An experimental investigation of SDN controller live migration in virtual data centers”, 2017 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN), Berlin, 2017, pp. 309–314.
- M. Pham, “SDN applications – The intent-based Northbound Interface realisation for extended applications”, 2016 IEEE NetSoft Conference and Workshops (NetSoft), Seoul, 2016, pp. 372–377.
- V. Chervenets, V. Romanchuk, H. Beshley and A. Khudyy, “QoS/QoE correlation modified model for QoE evaluation on video service”, 2016 13th International Conference on Modern Problems of Radio Engineering, Telecommunications and Computer Science (TCSET), 2016, pp. 664–666.
- “Download/Get Started with Mininet”, http://mininet.org/download/ , 2017.
- “Installing new version of Open vSwitch”, https://github.com/mininet/mininet/wiki/Installing-new-version-of- Open-vSwitch, February 2015.
- “Mininet Walkthrough”, http://mininet.org/walkthrough/, 2017.
- “Mininet VM Setup Notes”, http://mininet.org/vm-setup-notes/ , 2017.
- T. L. Foundation, “OVS, open vswitch”, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://openvswitch.org/.
- F. Pakzad, M. Portmann, W. L. Tan, and J. Indulska, “Efficient topology discovery in OpenFlow-based Software Defined Networks”, Computer Communications, 2015. [Online].
- “Zodiac FX User Guide”, Zodiac FX, 02-Dec-2016. [Online]. Available: https://northboundnetworks. freshdesk.com/support/solutions/35000113092.
- “Zodiac GX User Guide”, Zodiac GX, 02-Dec-2016. [Online]. Available: https://northboundnetworks. freshdesk .com/support/solutions/35000133459.
- K. Phemius and M. Bouet, “Monitoring latency with OpenFlow”, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM 2013), Zurich, 2013, pp. 122–125, doi: 10.1109/CNSM.2013.6727820.
- M. Xezonaki, E. Liotou, N. Passas and L. Merakos, “An SDN QoE Monitoring Framework for VoIP and Video Applications”, 2018 IEEE 19th International Symposium on “A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks” (WoWMoM), Chania, 2018, pp. 1–6.
- A. Koshibe, “Intent framework”, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ ONOS/Intent+Framework.
- A. Koshibe, “Onos system components”, 2014. [Online]. Available: https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ ONOS/System+Components.
- M. Beshley, M. Seliuchenko, O. Panchenko, O. Zyuzko and I. Kahalo, “Experimental performance analysis of software-defined network switch and controller”, 2018 14th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelecrtronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering (TCSET), Slavske, 2018, pp. 282–286.