The article deals with the factors affecting the quality of formation and resolution of an image in a high-resolution scanner (HRS). It is shown that the stabilization parameters of a spacecraft (SC), on which a HRS with a charge-coupled device operating in time delay integration mode (TDI-CCD) is installed, significantly affect an image distortion, namely its blurring, and this blurring increases when the number of integration lines goes up in the TDI sensor. The analysis and modelling of the maximum permissible number of integration stages in CCD8091 TDI-sensor employed in a HRS are conducted. We analyse the effect of a deviation in the nominal (planned) flight altitude of a SC above the Earth's surface on limiting the highest possible number of integration stages. The results obtained make it possible to assess the impacts on the image quality and resolution, and choose a compromise variant for the best results.
- V. Kashkin and A. Suhin, Remote sensing of the Earth from space. Moscow, Russia: Logos, 2001. (Russian)
- “The quality criteria of the optical image”, http://aco.ifmo.ru/el_books/basics_optics/glava-9/glava-9-4.html (Russian)
- N.V. Riabova and D.N. Eskov, “Small satellites with optical-electronic equipment in Earth remote sensing programs”, Optycheskii zhurnal, no. 1, pp. 4-19, 1996. (Russian)
- I. Prudyus, V. Tkachenko, P. Kondratov, L. Lazko, and S. Fabirovskyy, “Spectral based approach to subpixel image formation”, Computational Problems of Electrical Engineering, vol. 6, no.1, pp. 87-92, Lviv, Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2013.
- N. Zakaznov, Applied optics. Moscow, Russia: Mashynostroenie, 1988. (Russian)
- M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics: Electromagnetic Theory of Propagation, Interference and Diffraction of Light, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- I. Prudyus, V. Tkachenko, L. Lazko, and S. Fabirovskyy, “Sub-pixel Based Forming of High-Resolution Images”, Przeglad Elektrotechniczny (Electrical Review), no. 7, pp. 45–48, 2015.
- Y. Cho, Performance Characteristics of Time Delay and Integration (TDI) Satellite Imager for Altitude Change and Line-Of-Sight Tilt over Spherical Earth Surface, Korea: Korean Aerospace Research Institute, 2002.
- F. Hwang and C. Liu, “Asynchronous imaging mode simulation and its effect on TDI-CCD imager” in Proc. The Fourth Asian Space Conference 2008, Taipei, Taiwan, October 1-3, 2008.