The famous (and oldest) solution of Clairaut's equation or Legendre-Laplace law of density was used for the parameterization of the hydrostatic/adiabatic Earth's radial density distribution in the two standard forms continuous and piecewise radial cases. As a result, the set of recursive formulae were found for the solution of direct and inverse problems (on the ground of fundamental geodetic constants and seismic data simultaneously) the mentioned piecewise Legendre-Laplace density is in a good agreement with the PREM-density model.
- Abrikosov, О. A. (2000) On the stable determination of some Earth's radial density models Geodynamics, n.1(2), 1999, 11-17.
- Bnllen K.E. (1975) The Earth's Density. Chapman and Hall, London.
- Darwin G. (1884) On the figure of equilibrium of a planet of heterogeneous density. Proceeding of the Royal Society, Vol. XXXVI, 158-166.
- Dziewonski A.M. and Anderson D.L. (1981) Preliminary reference Earth model. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, Vol. 25, 297-356.
- Marchenko A.N. (1999) Simplest solutions of Clairaut's equation and the Earth's density model. In: "Quo vadis geodesia... ?" Festschrift for Erik W. Grafarend on the occasion of his 60th birthday (F. Krumm and V.S. Schwarze, Eds ). Universitat Stuttgart, Technical Reports Department of Geodesy and Geoinformatics, Report Nr. 1999.6-2, 303-311.
- Marchenko, A.N. (2000) Earth's radial density profiles based on Gauss' and Roche's distributions. Bolletino di Geodesia e Scienze Affini. vol LIX n.3. 201-220.
- Moritz H. (1990) The Figure of the Earth. Theoretical Geodesy and Earth's Interior, Wichmann Karlsruhe, 1990.