Purpose. The aim of the research presented in this article is to analyze the features of the reflection of the damage to the territory of the Transcarpathian region by landslide processes based on the anomalies in the magnetic and gravitational fields, taking into account tectonic zoning. The study is an important stage in predicting the landslide processes and it is aimed at reducing their negative effects on the environment. The relevance of the research is due to the growing intensification of landslides in the Carpathian region of Ukraine.
Methodology. The development of landslides in each structural-tectonic zone is associated with its tectonic structure, and therefore these processes can have different intensity, dynamics, tendencies for further development and distribution area. Lithological-facies composition and bedding conditions of rocks form the physical and mechanical properties of rocks, determining the rate and mechanism of the development of landslides. The spatial confinedness of landslide processes in the fault zones is reflected in the gravitational and magnetic fields. Results. With the help of GIS MapInfo tools, a number of landslides in each tectonic zone, anomalies in the gravitational and magnetic fields, areas affected by landslides, the distance to the fault zones were calculated. The important result of the research is to prove a direct correlation between the spatial distribution of landslides and fault zones, tectonic structure, the lithological composition of rocks, which are reflected in gravimagnetic anomalies. Scientific novelty. The peculiarities of the reflection of the tectonic structure, zones of decompression, fragmentation of rocks and lithological composition in gravimagnetic fields on a regional scale are examined, and their association with landslide processes is evaluated for the first time.
Practical significance. The theoretical substantiation of the peculiarities of the behaviour of gravimagnetic fields in the zones of distribution of landslide processes makes it possible to assess the natural conditions for the formation and development of landslides in a given region. The connection between the impact of the fault zones on landslide processes by their reflection in gravimagnetic fields is established, which can be used in the future for spatial forecasting of the development of landslides in territories with related structural-tectonic conditions.
1. Anikeiev, S. G., Maksymchuk, V. Yu., & Pylyp'yak, M. M., (2019). Gravity-magnetic model of the Kolomyia paleovalley for the Nadvirna-Otyniya-Ivano-Frankivsk geotravers. Journal oh Geophysics,(41(6)), 73-92. (in Ukrainian)
2. Cheban, V. D. (2002). .A set of geophysical methods for predicting landslides on the example of Transcarpathia. Author's ref. dis ... k. geol. Science. Ivano-Frankivsk: IFNTUNG. 19 p. (in Ukrainian)
3. Clark, S., Jr. (1969). Handbook of physical constants of rocks. Textbook.: Мyr, 543 p. (in Russian)
4. Castro, D., Bezerra, F., Sousa, M., & Fuck, R. Influence of Neoproterozoic tectonic fabric on the origin of the Potiguar Basin, northeastern Brazil and its links with West Africa based on gravity and magnetic data. Journal of Geodynamics, 2012. Vol. 54, P. 29-42. URL https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0264370711001013
5. Goshovsky, S. V., Rudko, G. I., & Blinov, P. V. (2004). Engineering-geological analysis, monitoring and protection of the territory from landslides: Textbook. ZUKC, 152 p. (in Ukrainian)
6. Guiju, Wu, Hongbo, Tan, Zhegbo, Zou, Guangliang, Yang, & Chongyang, Shen. (2015). Gravity distribution characteristics and their relationship with the distribution of earthquakes and tectonic units in the North-South seismic belt, China. Geodesy and Geodynamics. 6, 194-202. URL https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674984715000208
7. Demchishin, M. G. (1992) Modern dynamics of slopes on the territory of Ukraine. Textbook. Naukova dumka, 251 p. (in Russian)
8. Emelianova, E. P. (1978). Basic regularities of landslide processes. Moscow: Nedra, 308 p. (in Russian)
9. Ivanik, O. (2008). Spatial analysis and forecast assessment of formation of water-gravity processes on the basis of GIS in the Carpathian region. Geoinformatics, 4, 52-58. (in Ukrainian)
10. Jarg, L. A. (1974). Changes in the physical and mechanical properties of rocks during weathering. Textbook. Nedra, 140 p. (in Russian)
11. Kuzmenko, E. D., Bezsmertnyi, A. F., Vdovyna, O. P., Kryviuk, I. V., Cheban, V. D., & Shtohryn L. V. (2009). Research of landslide processes by geophysical methods [Text]: Monograph. Ivano-Frankivsk: IFNTUNH, 294 p. (in Ukrainian)
12. Küntzel, V. V. (1980). Regularities of the landslide process on the European territory of the USSR and its regional forecast. Textbook. Nedra, 213 p. (in Russian)
13. Lomtadze, V. D. (1977). Engineering geology. Engineering geodynamics. Textbook. Nedra, 479 p. (in Russian)
14. Maevsky, B. Y., Anikeev, S. G, & Monchak, L. S. (2012). The latest studies of the geological structure and prospects of oil and gas potential of deep-submerged horizons of the Ukrainian Carpathians for order. Textbook. IFNTUNG, 208 p. (in Ukrainian)
15. Maksymchuk, V. Yu., Pirozhok, N. B. Pronyshyn, R. S. & Tymoschuk, V. R. (2014). Some features of seismicity of Transcarpathia. Geodynamics. 2, 139-149. (in Ukrainian)
16. Mikhailov, V. A. (2002). Fundamentals of geotectonics: Textbook. Kyiv University Publishing and Printing Center, 168 p. (in Ukrainian)
17. Monchak, L. S., & Anikeiev, S. G. (2017). Display of the tectonic structure of the Western region of Ukraine in the Gravimagnetic fields. Geodynamics. 2 (23). 104-118. (in Ukrainian)
18. Nazarevych, A. V., Nazarevych, L. E. (2013). Geodynamics, tectonics and seismicity of Carpathian region of Ukraine. Geodynamics. 2. 247-249. (in Ukrainian)
19. Nechaeva, T. S., Garkavko, V. M., Shymkiv, L. M., & Yentin, V. A. (2002). Map of the anomalous magnetic field of Ukraine PDRGP "Pivnichrukgeologiya".
20. Nechaeva, T. S., Shymkiv, L. M., & Entin, V. A. (2002). Scheme of the gravitational field of Ukraine. K.: PDRGP "Northern Geology".
21. Nurwidyanto, M. I., Yulianto, Т., & Widada, S. Modeling of semarang fault zone using gravity method. Journal of Physics Conference Series, 2019. URL https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/1217/1/012031/pdf
22. Rudko, G. I., Cheban, V. D., Kuzmenko, E. D., & Petryk, M. V. (2002). Development of slope gravitational processes in Transcarpathia in accordance with the tectonic structure of the region. Geological Journal. 2. 66- 72. (in Ukrainian)
23. Rudko, G. I. (1991).Geodynamics and forecast of dangerous geological processes of the Carpathian region: Abstract. dis. Dr. Geol.-Mineral. Science: 04.0.07. Inst. Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. 65 p.. (in Russian)
24. Sheko, A. I., Postoev G. P., & Goryainov N. I. (1982). Study of the regime of landslide processes Textbook. Nedra, 255 p. (in Russian)
25. Sheko, A. I., Postoev, G. P., Krupoderov, V. S., Dyakonova, V. I., Malneva, I. V., Parfenov, S. I., Bondarenko, A. A., & Kruglova, L. V. (1999). Methodical recommendations for compiling long-term forecasts of exogenous geological processes in the system of state monitoring of the geological environment. Textbook. VSEGINGEO, 78 p. (in Russian)
26. Sherman, S. I., Bornyakov, S. A., & Buddo, V. Yu. (1983). Areas of dynamic influence of faults (simulation results). Textbook. Nauka, 110 p. (in Russian)
27. Shtohryn, L., Kasiyanchuk, D., & Kuzmenko, E. (2020). The problem of long-term prediction of landslide processes within the Transcarpatian inner depression of the Carpatian region of Ukraine. Carpathian Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences, 15(1), 157-166.
28. State geological map of Ukraine scale 1: 200000. (2003), sheets M-34-XXIX (Snina), M-34-XXXV (Uzhhorod), L-34-V (Satu Mare). Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, State Geological Enterprise "Zakhidukrgeologiya", 96 p.
29. Sungchan Choi, In-Chang Ryu, Young-Cheol Lee, & Yujin Son. (2020). Gravity and magnetic field interpretation to detect deep buried paleobasinal fault lines contributing to intraplate earthquakes: a case study from Pohang Basin, SE Korea. Geophysical Journal International, 220(1), 490-500. URL https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020GeoJI.220..490C/abstract
30. Tyapkin, O. K. (2002). The use of gravity and magnetic exploration in environmental research. Geophysical Journal. 24(2). 71-78. (in Russian).