Purpose. The purpose of this study is to determine the horizontal movements of the earth surface in the vicinity of the main waterworks Dniester HPPS and the surrounding area using technologies of satellite monitoring by global navigation satellite system (GNSS). The territory is under the influence of anthropogenic impact of HPPS cyclical operating mode. To assess the accuracy of horizontal displacements of HPPS water intake at points with limited reception of satellite signals using compliant data of satellite and linear-angular measurements. To explore the possibility of replacing geometrical leveling of second class with trigonometric levelling in areas with large elevation on the basis of three-year cycles of trigonometric leveling. Methodology. To determine the coordinates of points the technique of GNSS measurements implementation was elaborated, which allows to provide precision of plane coordinates with mean square error of ± 2mm for points with forced centering of receivers’ antennas. Execution method of precision linear-angular measurements considering atmospheric refraction was applied. Results. The results of this study are: obtained vectors of horizontal displacements of control geodetic network points of the Dniester HPPS by satellite method. Horizontal displacements of water outlets points are determined by two independent methods and their comparison was made. According to linear-angular measurements there were obtained elevations between points of control network and water intake points and their change for the period 2012-2014. The accuracy of elevations obtained by trigonometric leveling method does not exceed the tolerances of geometric leveling of the second class. Originality. Using high-precision GNSS measurements there were detected movements of the earth's surface on area, which suffers from anthropogenic impact of the Dniester HPPS. The obtained displacement of water outlets on the results of satellite and terrestrial geodetic measurements are mostly coincided what is confirmed by the data of three-year observation period. Practical significance. The use of developed techniques of the observations for the horizontal movements of the earth surface in areas exposed to anthropogenic load will increase the reliability and efficient operation of hydropower facilities. The developed method of precision trigonometric leveling significantly reduces the time of work implementations and provides the precision of geometric leveling of second class.
- 1. Dement'ev V. E. Refrakcija i mirazhi [Refraction and mirages]. Moscow: OOO "Galleja-Print", 2009, 391 p.
2. Maksymchuk V. E., Kuznecova V. G. Verbyc'kyj T. Z. ta in. Doslidzhennja suchasnoi' geodynamiky Ukrai'ns'kyh Karpat [Research of modern geodynamics of Ukrainian Carpathians]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 2005, 254 p.
3. Perij S. S. Vykorystannja dvostoronn'ogo trygonometrychnogo niveljuvannja u svitloviddalemirnij poligonometrii' [The use of bilateral trigonometric leveling in light rangefinders polygonometry Geodesy, cartography and aerial photography]. Geodezija, kartografija i aerofotoznimannja [Geodesy, cartography and aerial photography]. 2001, no. 61, pp. 112–117.
4. Sarnavs'kyj V., Ovsjannikov M. Tektonichna struktura i geodynamichnyj rezhym masyviv porid u zoni vzajemodii' z gidrotehnichnymy sporudamy GES i GAES (na prykladi Dnistrovs'kogo kompleksnogo gidrovuzla) [Tectonic structure and geodynamic regime of rock massif in the zone of interaction with the hydrotechnical structures GES and GAES (for example of the Dniester hydroelectric complex)
5. Suchasni dosjagnennja geodezychnoi' nauky ta vyrobnyctva [Modern achievements in geodetic science and industry]. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2005, pp. 193–206.
6. Sarnavs'kyj V. G. Strukturni osoblyvosti i napruzheno-deformovanyj stan masyvu osadovyh porid u tehnogenno zminenyh umovah (na prykladi Dnistrovs'kogo komplesnogo gidrovuzla [Structural characteristics and mode of deformation of sedimentary rocks massif in technogenically changed conditions (for example of the Dniester hydroelectric complex]. Geologija i geohimija gorjuchyh kopalyn [Geology and Geochemistry of Combustible Minerals]. 2006, no. 1, pp. 77–94.
7. Tretjak K., Sidorov I. Optymizacija pobudovy geodezychnoi' merezhi Dnistrovs'koi' GAES suputnykovymy radionavigacijnymy tehnologijamy [Optimization of building geodetic network of the Dniester HPPS satellite radio navigation technologies]. Suchasni dosjagnennja geodezychnoi' nauky ta vyrobnyctva [Modern achievements in geodetic science and industry]. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2005, pp. 207–219.
8. Gupta H. K., Rastogi B. K.: Dams and Earthquakes, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1976, 229 p.
9. Hudnut K. W. and Behr J. A., "Continuous GPS monitoring ofstructural deformation at Pacoima Dam, California," Seismol.Res. Lett., no. 69(4), pp. 299–308 (July – August, 1998).
10. Kumar J. P., Ramana D. V., Chadha R. K., C. Singh, and M. Shekar, "The relation between seismicity and water-levelchanges in the Koyna – Warna Region of India," Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 2012, no. 12, pp. 813–817 .
11. Lambert A., Liard J. O., Mainville A. Vertical movement and gravity change near the La Grande-2 reservoir, Quebec. "J. Geophys. Res." 1986, no. 9, pp. 9150–9160.
12. Telesca L., do Nascimento A. F., Bezerra F. H. R., Ferreira J. M. "Analyzing the temporal fluctuations of the reservoir-triggered seismicity observed at Asu (Brazil)," Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 2012, no. 12, pp. 805–811 .
13. Srbinoski Z. and Bogdanovski Z., "Application of GNSS technologyin geodetic asculation of embankment dams," in:BALGEOS 2009, Vienna, Austria, 27 – 29 January 2010. http:__balgeos.cc.bas.bg_News_materials_Presentation__2010_11_Bogdanovsk....
14. Tretyak K., Periy S., Sidorov I., Babiy L. Complex High Accuracy Satellite and Field Measurements of Horizontal and Vertical Displacements of Control Geodetic Network on Dniester Hydroelectric Pumped Power Station (HPPS). Geomatics and Environmental Engineering. 2015, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 83–96. https://doi.org/10.7494/geom.2015.9.1.83