The article considers the theoretical and legal issues of public-private partnership in the field of environmental protection.
On the basis of a comprehensive systematic approach to the study of legal phenomena, the peculiarities of the implementation of current legislation on public-private partnership in the field of environmental protection are studied.
The form of public-private partnership means a set of rights and responsibilities of private and public partners, which consist of mandatory and optional elements, giving the right to private and public partners to build relationships in a specific form within the law.
The general procedure for concluding and implementing public-private partnership agreements applies to all projects, including in the field of environmental protection.
An analysis of the stages of implementation of public-private partnership, the rights and responsibilities of public and private partners at different stages of project implementation.
The purpose and objectives of the project must meet the objectives set out in the Basic Principles (Strategy) of State Environmental Policy for the period up to 2030. During the implementation of the public-private partnership project in the field of environmental protection, several types of state control will be carried out.
The public partner is empowered to monitor the implementation of the agreement, including the private partner’s compliance with legislation, such as the design, construction and operation of the facility.
The second type of state supervision is the supervision of authorized bodies over the implementation of legislation by a private partner during the implementation of the agreement. These are the types of supervision (control) provided by sectoral legislation. Environmental projects require a systematic approach. Environmental projects require a systematic approach. The procedure for concluding agreements should be supplemented by the need to provide information on the positive environmental impact that will arise as a result of the project.Agreements should be complemented by the need to provide information on the positive environmental impact that will result from the project implementation.
1. On public-private partnership: Law of Ukraine of 01.07.2010. No. 2404-VI [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/2404-17.
2. On state target programs: Law of Ukraine of March 16, 2004. No. 1621-IV [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/1621-15.
3. Fundamentals of the principles (strategy) of state environmental policy for the period up to 2030: Law of Ukraine of 28.02.2019 No. 2404-VIII [in Ukrainian]. URL. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2697-19.
4. On tourism: Law of Ukraine of 15.09.1995. No. 324/95-VR [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/324/95-%D0%B2%D1%80.
5. On the nature reserve fund of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine of June 16, 1992. No. ХІІ [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/2456-12.
6. On the concession: Law of Ukraine of October 3, 2019. No. 155-IX [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/155-20.
7. On Amendments to the Procedure for Analyzing the Effectiveness of Public-Private Partnerships: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of April 22, 2020. No. 294 [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/294-2020-%D0%.
8. On environmental impact assessment: Law of Ukraine of 23.05.2017. No. 2059-VIII [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/2059-19.
9. On the basic principles of state supervision (control) in the sphere of economic activity: Law of Ukraine of 05.04.2007. No. 887-V [in Ukrainian]. URL. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/877-16.
10. Draft Law of 19.02.12020. No. 3091 “On State Environmental Control” [in Ukrainian]. URL: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_2?id=&pf3516 = 3091 & skl = 10.
11. Ostapenko O. I., Kovalev M. V., Yesimov S. S. and others. Administrative law of Ukraine (general part) [in Ukrainian]: textbook. Lviv: SPOLOM, 2021. 616 p.
12. On environmental protection: Law of Ukraine of 25.06.1991. No. 1264-XII [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/1264-12.