The article describes the regulatory framework on which the activities of the bar are based and analyzes the Law of Ukraine "On the Bar and Advocacy". Attention is focused on the basic principles of this Law, the observance and provision of which has a positive effect on the organization and functioning of the bar as a whole, and on the activities of lawyers, in particular.
The requirements for a person who wants to obtain the status of a lawyer are considered. At the same time, attention is drawn to the fact that the definition of the legal status of a lawyer is indicated only by the sign "individual", the presence of a "certificate of advocacy", as well as other information that does not have a regulatory fixation in the Law of Ukraine "On the Bar and Advocacy", but at the same time additional information of personal content should be entered in the Unified Register of Lawyers.
The signs of representation and its grounds were determined, which had a positive impact on the analysis of the representative activity of the lawyer, which provides for the implementation of various legal procedures aimed at protecting the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of the person represented by the lawyer.
The lawyer's monopoly on the example of foreign countries was characterized and their role for Ukraine was analyzed. The main advantages and disadvantages of the advocates' monopoly are determined. At the same time, as evidenced by the practice of foreign countries, the monopoly on advocacy is a significant strengthening of their legal status, as well as one of the conditions for improving professional skills and competitive ability between lawyers themselves, which undoubtedly improves the quality of services provided by a lawyer.
1. Pro advokaturu ta advokat·sʹku diyalʹnist. [On employment]. № 5076-VI st.282 (2013). Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5076-17. [in Ukrainian].
2. Konstytutsiya Ukrayiny. [On employment]. № № 254k/96-VR st. 141 (1996). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text. [in Ukrainian].
3. Kozʹminykh A. V. (2009). Advokatura yak instytut hromadyansʹkoho suspilʹstva v suchasniy nautsi. Aktualʹni problemy polityky. [Advocacy as an institution of civil society in modern science. Current policy issues.]. Vyp. 36. S. 228-235. [in Ukrainian].
4. Kravchuk M. V. (2002). Teoriya derzhavy i prava. Problemy teoriyi derzhavy i prava : navch. posib. 3-tye vyd., zmin. y dopovn. [Theory of state and law. Problems of the theory of state and law: textbook. way. 3rd ed., Changes. and add.]. Ternopilʹ : Kart-blansh. [in Ukrainian].
5. Konsalting v Ukraine (1996). [Consulting in Ukraine]. Kií̈v: Assotsiatsiya Ukrkonsalting. [in Ukrainian].
6. Tsyvilʹnyy protsesualʹnyy kodeks Ukrayiny. [On employment]. № 1618-IV st. 492 (2004). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1618-15#Text. [in Ukrainian].
7. Pro pravovyy vysnovok shchodo poryadku zdiysnennya predstavnytstva orhaniv derzhavnoyi vlady ta orhaniv mistsevoho samovryaduvannya v sudakh, zaprovadzhenoho Zakonom Ukrayiny vid 02.06.2016 roku № 1401-VIII «Pro vnesennya zmin do Konstytutsiyi Ukrayiny (shchodo pravosuddya)»: Postanova plenumu Vyshchoho administratyvnoho sudu Ukrayiny vid 13.03.2017 r. № 5 (2017). [On the legal opinion on the procedure for representation of public authorities and local governments in courts, introduced by the Law of Ukraine of 02.06.2016 № 1401-VIII "On Amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine (on justice)": Resolution of the Plenum of the Supreme Administrative Court of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0005760-17. [in Ukrainian].
8. Burbylo H (2021). Advokat·sʹka monopoliya v Ukrayini. Advokatura v umovakh suchasnykh zmin. Zbirnyk materialiv II Mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi [Lawyer's monopoly in Ukraine. Advocacy in the conditions of modern changes. Proceedings of the II International Scientific and Practical Conference]. (m. Lʹviv, 22 zhovt. 2021 r.). Lʹviv. S. 173-177. [in Ukrainian].
9. Hrazhdanskyy protsessualʹnyy kodeks Respublyky Kazakhstan: Kodeks Respubliky Kazakhstan (2015). № 377-V. [On employment]. Retrieved from https://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/K1500000377. [in Kazakhstanian].
10. Grazhdanskiy protsessual'nyy kodeks Azerbaydzhanskoy Respubliki: (1999). № 780-IQ. [On employment]. Retrieved from http://continent-online.com/Document/?doc_id=30420065. [in Azerbaydzanian].
11. Abramova YE. N., Averchenko N. N., Bayhusheva YU. V. (2010). Tsyvilʹne pravo: pidruchnyk: u 3-kh tomakh. [Civil law: textbook: in 3 volumes]. T. 1, ch.2. [in Ukrainian].
12. Nemesh P. (2014). Advokat·sʹke predstavnytstvo u tsyvilʹnomu protsesi na prykladi Ukrayiny ta yevropeysʹkykh krayin. Natsionalʹna Asotsiatsiya Advokativ Ukrayiny. [Advocacy in civil proceedings on the example of Ukraine and European countries. National Bar Association of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://unba.org.ua/publications/print/4648-advokats-ke-predstavnictvo-u-civil-nomu-procesi-na-prikladi-ukraini-ta-evropejs-kih-krain.html. [in Ukrainian].
13. Lyashenko R.D., Mamchur S.M. (2018). Advokat·sʹka monopoliya v Ukrayini: plyusy ta minusy reformuvannya. Pravo i suspilʹstvo. [Lawyer's monopoly in Ukraine: pros and cons of reform. Law and society.]. № 1 ch. 2. Retrieved from http://pravoisuspilstvo.org.ua/archive/2018/1_2018/part_2/6.pdf. [in Ukrainian].