In this article, I have characterized the system and features of investigative (search) actions, as well as the general requirements for their conduct. It was found that investigative (search) actions are the main means of proof, namely, a tool of cognitive activity for the investigation of criminal offenses.
In particular, it was established that the new Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine (CPC) significantly modernized the procedure for carrying out criminal proceedings, introducing a number of new institutions.
It has been found that despite the constant, sufficiently broad study of issues regarding the clarification of the concept and the conduct of investigative (research) actions, it still remains quite debatable.
It was determined that the main means of forming a certain evidence base in criminal proceedings are investigative (search) actions, therefore, from both a theoretical and a practical point of view, the questions under which conditions can be recognized as legitimate and how their legitimacy can be ensured are relevant.
It is described that the legality of investigative (search) actions means that they must, first of all, be provided for in the criminal procedural law, as well as be carried out in the procedural form prescribed by law.
1. Vapnyarchuk V.V. Concept and system of investigative (search) actions. Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University.Series Legal Sciences. 2018. Issue 2. Volume 2. P. 73–77.
2. Dubinsky A.Ya. Conducting a preliminary investigation by internal affairs bodies. Selected works. K.: Center of Educational Literature, 2014. P. 169–257.
3. Criminal process: a textbook / in general. ed. V. V. Kovalenko, L. D. Udalova, D. P. Pismenny. K.: TsUL, 2013. 544 p.
4. Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine dated 04/13/2012. Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2013. P. 474. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4651.
5. Sergeeva D.B., Starenkyi O.S. Investigative (search) activities as a means of obtaining evidence in criminal proceedings against minors: to define the concept. Herald of criminal justice. 2017. pp. 81–89.
6. Investigative (search) actions in criminal proceedings: training. clearly manual in diagrams and tables / O. A. Osaulenko, A. V. Samodin, H. M. Stepanova and others. K.: "Center for Educational Literature", 2015. 140 p.
7. Stakhivskyi S.M. Investigative actions as the main means of gathering evidence: science and practice. manual K.: Atika, 2009. 64 p.