The article analyzes the nature and significance of scientific research in universities in
the context of emerging knowledge economy, there are defined the prospects of scientific
research development regarding the requirements of innovative social development.
The importance of scientific research consists in providing the possibility of effective use
of scientific and technical potential of universities for the development of priority areas of
science and technology, creating high technologies, modernization of production, ensuring
social development, national economic growth and international competitiveness.
Scientific research has an important value for the formation and development of
scientific schools in universities. The scientific community requires constant interaction,
contacts, information exchange, mutual evaluation of scientific research and, thus, the
establishment of scientific schools.
A key role is played by scientific research in ensuring the quality of university education
that presupposes training of specialists based on the latest scientific and technical progress and
involvement of the qualified scientific and pedagogical staff in the educational process. In
addition, scientific research is a requirement for the establishment of training and
performance appraisal system of scientific and pedagogical staff in university.
Effective implementation of scientific research in university is the instrument to enhance
its competitiveness in the global and national educational and scientific spaces as well as
advancement in the international and national rankings.
1. Rak N. (2009) Economy of knowledge: essence and management knowledge factors, Regional economy, № 3. 224-232.
2. Heets.V. (2005) Socio-economic transformations crossing to economy of knowledge, Socio-economic issues of information society/ by d.e.s. (Ph.D), prof. LG Melnyk edition. - Sumy: ITD "University book". 16-33.
3. Semenyuk V., Kotlyarevskyi Ya., Knyazev S., Melnykov O., (2017) Economy of information sphere: formation of special scientific categorical apparatus, Science and innovations, T.13, № 3. 5-21
4. Kusherets V. To society of knowledge. Retrieved from: http://znannya.org.ua/index.php/arkhiv/66-nauka-arkhiv/361-vid-tovaristv....
5. Zgurovskyi M. (2015) Technological prediction of economy of Ukraine on mid-term (before 2020) and longterm (before 2030) time horizon (by materials of science report on Presidium of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine meeting the 4th of November 2015), Messenger of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
6. Bilodida I.K., Dictionary of Ukrainian language: in 11 tomes, Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Institute of linguistics; by edition.- K.: Science thought, 1970-1980.
7. Naumenko O. M. (2010) Methods of organization of scientific researches in the conditions of introduction of computer oriented facilities of studies, Information Technologies and Learning Tools, T. 20, № 6.
8. Law No. 848-VIII 26th of November, 2015 of Ukraine "About Scientific and Scientific-Technical Activity", Voice of Ukraine. - 2016. No. 6. - P. 6260.
9. Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 01.06.2006. No. 422 "Regarding the Provision on the Organization of Scientific, Scientific and Technical Activities at Higher Educational Institutions of III-IV Accreditation Levels".
10. The Global Competitiveness Report 2016-2017, Schwab K. Forum W. E.
11. Pavelyeva.T.Yu. (2011) Science school in science system: philosophic analysis, M.: Yanus K.
12. Amabile T. M. (1983) The social psychology of creativity: A componential conceptualization, Journal of personality and social psychology. T. 45, No. 2. C. 357.
13. Zerbino D. (2001) Science school: leader and pupils: (new conception), National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. L.: Yevrosvit, p. 208.
14. Grezneva O.Yu. (2003) Science schools (pedagogic aspect), Moscow. p. 69.
15. "Regulations about the scientific schools of Lviv Polytechnic National University, Collection of normative documents of Lviv Polytechnic National University, by the editorship of Bobal Yu.Ya. Publishing House of Lviv Polytechnic.
16. Higher Education in the Twenty-first Century: Vision and Action (1998), UNESCO. Paris, France, 138 c.
17. Opening speech to Project "TUNING" - Harmonization of Educational Structures in Europe. The contribution of universities to the Bologna process.
18. Zaharchenko V. M., Rashkevych Yu. M., Talanova G. V., (2014) Elaboration of educational programs. Methodical recommendations, edition- Kyiv: GE "NVC "Prioritety". p. 120.
19. Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Youth and Sport of Ukraine dated September 14, 2011/ No. 1059 "Regulations about specialized academic council".
20. Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Retrieved from: https://www. timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings.
21. QS World University Rankings Retrieved from: https://www.topuniversities.com/universityrankings.
22. University Ratings by Top-200 of Ukraine.
23. University Ratings by Scopus.
24. Consolidated rating of Ukrainian universities.