The results of the study of the concept of sustainable development and the benefits of implementing this concept in Ukraine based on the experience of the European Union are presented. It is established that the basis for the formation of the basic principles of sustainable development is the relationship of environmental, economic and social factors of human development, the solution of which is possible only on a comprehensive basis, taking into account the balance of interests of nature and society. Peculiarities of cooperation between Ukraine and the EU in the field of sustainable development are analyzed.
The concept of sustainable development involves the identification of three approaches: economic, social and environmental, reflecting their particular importance, the existence of interconnections and interdependencies, while ignoring at least one of them can undermine the overall stability of the system. The economic approach in the concept of sustainable development is based on the need for rational use of scarce resources at the disposal of society and the use of environmentally friendly methods of production and technology. An important aspect of social stability is the fair distribution of goods. The environmental component is intended to ensure the integrity of physical and biological natural systems in the process of their interaction with economic and social systems
The necessity for Ukraine to form and implement new directions is substantiated state investment policy, due to economic and social reforms aimed at economic growth, the formation of new ones effective mechanisms for attracting investment, creating conditions for implementation conceptual foundations of the strategy of sustainable development and ensuring European integration processes.
These sustainable development components reflect a single value creation process and characterize individual aspects of human activity that reflect a single value creation process. The necessity of rational use of limited resources at the disposal of society and the use of environmentally friendly methods of production and technologies are pointed out. The importance of a clear understanding of the mechanisms of interaction between environmental, social and economic components of the concept that serve as a means of achieving development goals is determined.
1. Component concepts of sustainable development. Retrived from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/ pdf/11_2019/57.pdf (access date: 03.03.2021)
2. The concept of sustainable development. Retrived from: https://sdgs.un.org/ru/goals (access date: 03.03.2021)
3. "Green" economy: essence, goals and basic principles. Retrived from: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/87412468.pdf (access date: 03/03/2021)
4. Sustainable development. Retrived from:https://www.ecolabel.org.ua/stalij-rozvitok (access date: 05.03.2021)
5. Report of the UN Conference on Environment and Development. Rio de Janeiro, June 3-14, 1992. Retrived from: http://www.prometeus.nsc.ru/koptyug/ideas/scisahum/191-199.ssi (access date: 05.03.2021)
6. Sustainable development strategy. Retrived from: http://dglib.nubip.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/5822/1/Bogolubov_ Strategij%20stalogo%20rozvutku.pdf (access date: 06.03.2021)
7. "Green investments" in sustainable development. World experience and Ukrainian context. Retrived from: https://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/article/2019_ZELEN_INVEST.pdf (access date: 03.03.2021)
8. Sustainable development as a paradigm of social growth of the XXI century. Retrived from: http://www.geograf.com.ua/library/geoinfocentre/20-human-geography-ukrai... paradygma-suspilnogo-zrostannya-21-st (access date: 05.03 .2021)
9. "Green" business for small and medium enterprises. Retrived from: http://pleddg.org.ua/wp- content/uploads/2017/11/SME-Guide-web.pdf (access date: 06.03.2021)
10. National paradigm of sustainable development of Ukraine / for general. ed. acad. NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Assoc. figure of science and technology of Ukraine BE Paton. K .: State Institution "Institute of Environmental Economics and Sustainable Development of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine", 2012. 72 p. (appeal date: March 6, 2021)
11. Green economy - a chance for Ukraine. Retrived from: http://elartu.tntu.edu.ua/bitstream/lib/31460/2/ FMZKP_2020_Vasilyuk_Y-Green_economy-a_chance_89-91.pdf (access date: 06.03.2021)
12. Shpak, N., Kuzmin, O., Melnyk, O., Ruda, M., & Sroka, W. (2020). Implementation of circular economy in Ukraine: context of European integration, Resources, 9, 96. Retrived from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 343671037_Implementation_of_a_Circular_Economy_in_Ukraine_The_Context_of_European_Integration (дата звернення: 16.03.2021)
13. New EU policy on circular economy: opportunities for Ukraine.Retrived from: https://dixigroup.org/wp- content/uploads/2020/09/dixi_pb_circular-economy_ukr_full_3.pdf (access date: 19.03.2021)