The articles study domestic and foreign experience on the peculiarities of the formation and development of event management and event industry in general. Peculiarities of the historical perspective of event management development are considered. The state of the world inventory market is characterized and a comparative analysis with its state in the domestic territory is carried out. The change of the inventory industry under the influence of COVID-19 is investigated. The main problems of the event industry are considered and the prospects for further development of event management in Ukraine are analyzed.
The pace of development of the event industry is growing every year both in Ukraine and in the world. It is quite difficult today to imagine the existence of any area of business without the use of event management tools and its methods. The goal of event management is to achieve concrete results, including those related to culture, society, environment and economy. Event management has only recently begun to be considered as a separate type of management activity, as previously only certain manifestations of it as a component of socio-cultural development, entertainment, marketing, political activity, etc. were observed. Many of the events that are now taken for granted, occurring in one form or another for hundreds of years. It can be noted that now event management is carried out not only directly by representatives of the event industry, for which the event itself is their main product, but also by companies engaged in other activities in various fields. In the process of its historical development, event management has undergone a number of changes, which ensured its formation and development to the current state. The COVID-19 pandemic has made adjustments to the development of the event industry, primarily in the form of blocking and extending travel restrictions. The world is rapidly moving to a virtual mode of existence, and major players in the event market are increasingly enhancing their digital presence. Current situation gave impetus to the development of online event management platforms that transfer the process of events from a real environment to a virtual one. Awareness of these changes and detailed study of domestic and foreign experience will help the modern entrepreneur to form and develop the most optimal and most effective event management that will meet the requirements of both the environment as a whole and a particular enterprise and ensure the achievement of its management goals.
- Grygorenko М. Golovni musychni festyvali lita 2019 v Ukraiini. IUNIAN: Informaciyne agentstvo. [The main music festivals of summer 2019 in Ukraine. UNIAN: Information agency] Retrieved from: https://www.unian.ua/tourism/wheretogo/10570530-vpered-za-muzikoyu-ta-emociyami-golovni-festivali-koncerti-ta- inshi-rozvagi-lita-2019-v-ukrajini.html. (accessed 9 January 2021). (in Ukrainian).
- Ivent industiya v Ukraiine: problem, perspektivy, vozmozhnosti. [Event industry in Ukraine: problems, prospects, opportunities] Retrieved from: https://www.work.ua/articles/career/1245/. (accessed 2 March 2021). (in Russian).
- Konferens servis v Ukraiine. [Conference service in Ukraine] Retrieved from: https://conference- service.com.ua/confhall/search_res/region/16/. (accessed 2 March 2021). (in Russian).
- Allied Market Research. Event Industry Size, Share&Trends. Analysis Forecast 2021-2028 Retrieved from: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/events-industry-market. (accessed 11 March 2021).
- Allied Market Research. Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019–2026 Retrieved from: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/events-industry-market. (accessed 9 January 2021).
- Experience Institute. Event Management. Retrieved from: https://expinstitute.com/about. (accessed 11 February 2021).
- LocalHop – Event Management Platform. A Brief History of Event Management: Event Planning Then and Now. Retrieved from: https://getlocalhop.com/a-brief-history-of-event-management-event-planni.... (accessed 11 February 2021).
- Mordor Intelligence. Event management software market – growth, trends, forecasts (2020 – 2025) Retrieved from: https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/event-management-software-market. (accessed 11 February 2021).
- Policy Studies Institute (PSI) (1992). Arts Festivals. Cultural Trends, vol. 15. London, Policy Studies Institute.
- Singh Akanksha. The Biggest Music Festivals On The Planet. Far&Wide. Retrieved from: https://www.farandwide.com/s/biggest-music-festivals-ca71f3346443426e. (accessed 9 January 2021).
- Social Tables. Event Diagramming. Retrieved from: https://www.socialtables.com/event-services-solution. (accessed 2 March 2021).
- Top 100 Events. Retrieved from: https://10times.com. (accessed 2 March 2021).
- UBI Konferens holl. YAK UKRAIINSKYY RYNOK EVENT POSLUG PEREZHYVAIE KRYZU 2020 ROKU. [UBI Conference Hall. HOW THE UKRAINIAN EVENT SERVICES MARKET IS EXPERIENCING THE CRISIS OF 2020] Retrieved from: https://ubi-hall.com.ua/uk/2020/05/14/yak-ukrayinskyy-rynok-event-posluh- perezhyvaye-kryzu-2020-roku/. (accessed 2 March 2021). (in Ukrainian)