In the article the conceptual model of event management construction and usage in enterprise management is formed and investigated. The essence of the constituent elements of the model is revealed, their description is made. It is established that the conceptual model is based on seven key elements: entities of event management, its objects, goals, general principles, features of technology and results of event management, as well as components of event management, including its tools, technological component, company staff, policies, rules and procedures for the implementation of the activity, as well as indicators and criteria for evaluating event management. The place of the basic structural parts of the model in the general system of functioning of the enterprise and their influence on its activity is investigated in the work. It is established that the event management technology focuses on the efficiency of the functioning of its two subsystems - the managed and managed. The peculiarities of the influence of the event management subsystem on the managed as well as the peculiarities of the feedback are investigated.
The main subjects of event management are event organizers, event coordinators and event managers. The event organizer can be either the person who decided to hold the event and work independently (for example, the head of the company), a subdivision of the company whose functional responsibilities include conducting events or event company (subject of external environment) specializing in event activities. Event organizers can bring in event managers or have them on their team to help ensure the success of the event. Event management facilities include corporate and social activities. Corporate events, in turn, are divided into four main types: seminars, conferences, exhibitions, workshops. Social activities include those that focus less on business and more on social aspects (meetings, themed parties, and charity events). It is determined that event management is in accordance with the basic principles of management, so the key ones are highlighted in the paper. Event management goals can be diverse, but it is advisable to summarize them into two groups: corporate and team-building goals. The corporate vector is primarily related to the operating activities of the entity. In addition to the internal environment factors, the activity of the enterprise and the implementation of event management are also influenced by environmental factors: indirect influence (international events, environment, international economic relations, political situation in the country, socio-cultural circumstances) and direct influence - partners, providers of event services, consumers, neighborhood organizations, competitors, legislation and more. Each event manager should consider such factors and the nature of their impact on the event management system. It is established that the results of event management are generally influenced by the results of implementation of each specific event.
Formed conceptual model of event management construction and use in enterprise management enables event management entities and business leaders to identify the necessary resources, goals, tools, policies, rules, procedures, indicators, criteria, etc. for more effective implementation of event measures.
- 4 Goals to Set for Your Event Planning Business This Year, 2017. Retrieved from: https://www.qceventplanning.com/blog/2017/12/4-goals-set-event-planning-business-year/ (accessed 16 March 2020).
- 7 Characteristics of a Successful Event. Attendee Events, 2016. Retrieved from: https://attendee.events/7- characteristics-successful-event/ (accessed 17 March 2020).
- The 10 Event Management Skills Event Managers Need. Eventbrite. Retrieved from: https://www. eventbrite.co.uk/blog/qualities-successful-event-managers-ds00/ (accessed 11 March 2020).
- The Different Types of Events: A Comprehensive List. Eventbrite. Retrieved from: https://www. eventbrite.co.uk/blog/the-different-types-of-events-ds00/ (accessed 11 March 2020).
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, 2019. Event management. Retrieved from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_management/ (accessed 11 March 2020).
- Fedorenko V. G. (2015). Management: pidruchnyk. [Management: a textbook]. Кyiv: Alerta, 492 p. (in Ukrainian).