Abstract — The purpose of the article is to identify problems in the Ukrainian and European consulting markets, outline key trends and prospects for Ukrainian consulting companies based on the application of European experience.
The study aims to determine the characteristics of the consulting market in the domestic and European markets during the crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. The authors identified the state of the consulting industry and the main providers of consulting services in the domestic market. Management consulting in Ukraine is used sporadically in contrast to European countries, cooperation with consultants regularly. The reason is that the vast majority of companies, firms, and companies seek advice in critical situations when their own efforts are simply no longer able to solve existing problems.
The authors identified the state of the consulting industry and the main providers of consulting services in the domestic market, provided auditing information, and identified several contradictions and problems of auditing; the number of registered auditors on the territory of Ukraine for 2016–2020 and their structure by regions in 2019 and 2020 were studied as well.
The article forms the main trends of the European consulting market in 2021: digitalization, individual decisions, a strategy that moves within the company, high return on investment, growing demand for the technology sector, and restructuring practice.
In general, the consulting industry has suffered a significant blow from the Covid-19 crisis, and, according to the latest data, at the end of 2020, it was about 18 % lower. However, the prognosis is improving in many European countries as they manage to reduce the number of new coronavirus cases. According to this data, the authors suggest that domestic companies should follow practices: focus their activities on crisis management, quickly adapt customer business to modern conditions, accelerate the pace of digitalization, and use innovations to update strategies.
1. Marchenko O. S. (2008). Konsaltynhovi resursy natsionalnykh innovatsiinykh system [Consulting resources of national innovation systems]. Ekonomiko-teoretychnyi analiz: Monohrafiia; Kharkiv. nats. un-t. im. V. N. Karazina, Kharkiv: Pravo, 280 p. (in Ukrainian).
2. Dudar T. H. (2013). Napriamy rozvytku konsaltynhu v systemi pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti [Directions of consulting development in the system of entrepreneurial activity]. Problemy innovatsiino-investytsiinoho rozvytku, No. 5, P. 21-26 (in Ukrainian).
3. Vynohradova O. V., Yevtushenko N. O. (2018). Kontseptualna model konsaltynhovoi vzaiemodii pidpryiemstv [Conceptual model of consulting interaction of enterprises]. Ekonomika. Menedzhment. Biznes, No. 1, P. 20-26 (in Ukrainian).
4. Shadryna L. Yu., Soboleva Y. A., Yakymovych V. A. (2014). Problema otsenky effektyvnosty konsaltynha v systeme obshchestvennыkh sviazei [Classification identification of consulting services on the world market]. Universum: Obshchestvennyie nauky: elektron. nauchn. zhurn, No. 8(9). Retrieved from: http://7universum.com (in Ukrainian).
5. Hryshchenko N. V. (2018). Klasyfikatsiina identyfikatsiia konsaltynhovykh posluh na svitovomu rynku. Ekonomichnyi dyskurs, No. 1, P. 7-16. (in Ukrainian).
6. Kubr M. (1992). Upravlenchyskoe konsultyrovanye [Management consulting]. Moskva: SP "Ynteriekspert", 319 p. (in Russian).
7. European Federation of Management Consultancies Associations. Retrieved from: http://www.feaco.org (in English).
8. Mulyk Ya. I. (2020). Audytorska diialnist v Ukraini: suchasnyi stan, reformuvannia ta rozvytok [Auditing in Ukraine: current status, reform and development]. Ahrosvit, No. 7, P. 37-47.
9. Business Views: Infohrafika dnia: reitynh naibilshykh audytorskykh kompanii [Ukrainy Infographics of the day: rating of the largest audit companies in Ukraine]. Retrieved from: https://businessviews.com.ua/ru/ratings/id/rejting- auditorskih-kompanij-ukrajini-2178/ (in Ukrainian).
10. Audytorska palata Ukrainy: Informatsiia pro stan audytorskoi diialnosti v Ukraini u 2020 rotsi [Information on the state of auditing in Ukraine in 2020], 35. Retrieved from: https://www.apu.com.ua/ (in Ukrainian).
11. Vplyv COVID-19 ta karantynnykh obmezhen na ekonomiku Ukrainy. (2020). [Impact of COVID-19 and quarantine restrictions on the economy of Ukraine.] Kabinetne doslidzhennia Hromadskoi orhanizatsii "Tsentr prykladnykh doslidzhen" Predstavnytstva Fondu Konrada Adenauera v Ukraini, 56 p. (in Ukrainian).
12. Naslidky epidemii COVID-19 ta karantynnykh zakhodiv dlia providnykh sektoriv ekonomiky Ukrainy (2020). [Consequences of the COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine measures for the leading sectors of Ukraine's economy.] Doslidzhennia za rezultatamy hlybynnykh interv'iu z vlasnykamy ta top-menedzheramy ukrainskykh kompanii. Kyiv-Kharkiv: Vydavets O. A. Miroshnychenko, 188 p. (in Ukrainian).
13. Statista: Leading business challenges for consulting firms in 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/624457/business-challenges-for-manag... (in English).
14. Key trends in 2020 for Consulting. Retrieved from: https://www.infodesk.com/consulting-industry/consulting- trends-2020/ (in English).
15. Five trends shaping the future of the consulting industry.Retrieved from: https://www.consultancy.uk/news/25670/five-trends-shaping-the-future-of-... (in English).
16. Aсuity: Сonsulting Trends in 2021. Retrieved from: https://www.acuitykp.com/blog/consulting-industry-trends-in- 2021/ (in English).
17. Market size of the management consulting services industry worldwide in 2020 with a forecast for 2021- 2025. Retrieved from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1234833/global-management-consulting... (in English).
18. Key trends in 2021 for Consulting. Retrieved from: https://www.infodesk.com/consulting-industry/key-trends-in- 2021-for-consulting/ (in English).