An organizational and financial mechanism for ensuring the financial and economic security of a commercial bank is proposed, which, in real time and in situations that cannot be controlled using traditional methods, will minimize potential risks and change the internal institutional environment, positively affecting the financial and economic security of the country’s banking system. It is shown that economic growth as a factor of national security is supported by the effective functioning of the banking system and the priority of long-term bank loans provided in the form of investments, which makes it possible to determine the relationship between the growth of the country’s economy and the level of financial and economic security of the banking system. The main approaches to ensuring the financial and economic security of the banking system are considered, which include the structure of the primary interests of a commercial bank and indicators of the level of financial and economic security of the banking sector of Ukraine in order to ensure economic stabilization and strengthen the economic potential of the bank. It was noted that an adequate and fundamental marketing strategy will help to promote the growth of the bank’s profitability, attract additional customers, form a resource base and reduce risk in banking. Mortgage lending is considered as the most effective tool for attracting funds from the population to the investment sector and meeting their needs for housing. A distinctive feature of the presented organizational and financial mechanism is the use of strategic management methods to form economic resources, improve the image and level of security of information systems, organize effective management of the bank’s personnel, which will create conditions for ensuring the proper level of protection against negative factors and threats and increasing the competitiveness of the bank due to increasing the efficiency of the provision of banking services, preserving banking secrecy and the client base, creating new banking products.
1. Rodyn D. Ia., Hlukhykh L. V. (2007). Vlijanie krizisnyh javlenij na ustojchivost' regional'nyh bankovskih sistem v uslovijah finansovoj globalizacii [The impact of crisis phenomena on the stability of regional banking systems in the context of financial globalization]. Nauchnui zhurnal KubHAU, No. 34(10), P. 51-59 (in Russia).
2. Iermoshenko M. M. (2001). Finansova bezpeka derzhavy: natsional'ni interesy, real'ni zahrozy, stratehiia zabezpechennia [Financial security of the state: national interests, real threats, security strategy]. Kyjiv: Kyivskyi natsionalnyi torhovelno-finansovyi universytet, 309 p. (in Ukrainian).
3. Koltsov D. A. (2010). Indikatory jekonomicheskoj bezopasnosti bankovskoj sistemy [Indicators of the economic security of the banking system]: avtoref. kand. ekon. nauk. Moskva, 36 p. (in Russia).
4. Baranovskyi O. I. (2004). Finansova bezpeka: monohrafiia [Financial security: monohrafiia]. Kyjiv: Kyjiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t, 759 p. (in Ukrainian).
5. Kryklii O. A., Maslak N. H. (2017). Upravlinnia prybutkom banku: monohrafiia [Bank profit management: monohrafiia]. Sumy: DVNZ "UABS NBU", 136 p. (in Ukrainian).
6. Vasylchak S. V., Motso R. Iu. (2009). Finansova bezpeka bankiv ta metody ii zabezpechennia [Financial security of banks and methods of its provision]. Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy, Vol. 19.12, P. 287-293 (in Ukrainian).
7. Plukar L. A. (2012). Kontseptual'ni pidkhody do zmitsnennia finansovoi bezpeky bankivs'koho sektora rehionu [Conceptual approaches to strengthening the financial security of the region's banking sector]. Visnyk universytetu bankivskoi spravy NBU, No. 2 (14), P. 188-192 (in Ukrainian).
8. Muzychka O. M., Zhurybida N. R., Halko Ye. O. (2019). Metodychni pidkhody do otsiniuvannia rivnia finansovoi bezpeky bankiv [Methodical approaches to assessing the level of financial security of banks]. BiznesInform, No. 3, P. 322-327. (in Ukrainian).
9. Rakhmatova Z. Y. (2017). Mehanizmy obespechenija jekonomicheskoj bezopasnosti nacional'noj bankovskoj sistemy [Mechanisms for ensuring the economic security of the national banking system]: avtoref. kand. ekon. nauk. Moskva, 38 p. (in Russia).
10. Keins Dzh. M. (1978). Obshhaja teorija zanjatosti, procenta i deneg [General theory of employment, interest and money]. Moskva: Prohress, 431 p. (in Russia).
11. Kovalenko V. V., Bolhar T. M. and Serhieieva O. S. Finansova bezpeka bankivs'koi systemy Ukrainy - problemy vymiru ta zabezpechennia. Elektroni tekst. dani [Financial security of the banking system of Ukraine problems of measurement and provision]. Retrieved from: http://dspace.oneu.edu.ua/jspui/handle/123456789/7735 (in Ukrainian).
12. Vasylchyshyn O. B. (2017). Finansova sutnist' finansovoi bezpeky bankivs'koi systemy: problema pliuralizmu pidkhodiv [The financial essence of the financial security of the banking system: the problem of pluralism of approaches]. Naukovyi visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu, No. 28, P. 159-166. (in Ukrainian).
13. Krupka I. M. (2012). Finansova bezpeka bankivs'koi systemy Ukrainy ta perspektyvy rozvytku natsional'noi ekonomiky [Financial security of the banking system of Ukraine and prospects for the development of the national economy]. BiznesInform, No. 6, P. 168-175.