As of today, the principle of zero-waste production is not only a global trend, but also an effective mechanism for protecting and preserving the environment, as well as making fuller use of the resource potential of enterprises. The main idea of zero-waste manufacturing is the transformation of raw materials received by the enterprise, its residues, as well as waste obtained in the production process, into finished products that can generate income.
In this regard, modern companies are making the transition from a linear to a circular economy in order to preserve the ecosystems of our planet. This transition is characterized by waste-free production as well as maximum use of raw materials and production capacity. Such an important step will not only save our planet and ultimately ourselves, but will also bring in the profits that companies simply lose by destroying waste.
Ukraine lags far behind European countries in the field of waste management, and the volume of waste generated, the state of landfills and dumps indicate extreme risks to the environment and the population. Inefficient waste management in Ukraine is, in particular, a consequence of the existing linear economic model. Thus, the issue of developing zero-waste technologies and effective
implementation of zero-waste manufacturing at Ukrainian enterprises, in particular with the involvement of European experience, becomes extremely important. Accordingly, the article analyzes the essence, key principles and principles of zero-waste manufacturing in the domestic and European areas in order to adopt the best experience of the EU, which is currently a leader in this aspect in the world. The key aspects, principles and features of zero-waste manufacturing were analyzed, as well as successful European and domestic practices of its application were demonstrated. These findings will be useful for individual domestic enterprises, industries, the country and civil society as a whole.
1. Minrehion (2021). Stan sfery povodzhennia z pobutovymy vidkhodamy v Ukraini za 2020 rik [The state of the sphere of household waste management in Ukraine in 2020]. Retrieved from: https://www.minregion.gov.ua/napryamki- diyalnosti/zhkh/terretory/stan-sfery-povodzhennya-z-pobutovymy-vidhodamy-v-ukrayini-za-2020-rik-2/. (in Ukrainian).
2. Apostoliuk S. O., Dzhyhyrei V. S., Sokolovskyi I. A. ta in. (2012). Promyslova ekolohiia: navchalnyi posibnyk [Industrial ecology: a textbook], K.: Znannia, Retrieved from: https://westudents.com.ua/glavy/13443-62-bezvdhodna- ta-malovdhodna-tehnolog.html. (in Ukrainian).
3. Zerkalov D. V. (2012). Ekolohichna bezpeka ta okhorona dovkillia [Environmental safety and environmental protection], K.: Osnova. Retrieved from: http://dspace.onu.edu.ua:8080/bitstream/123456789/19328/1/280-287.pdf. (in Ukrainian).
4. Dorohuntsov S. I., Kotsenko K. F., Khvesyk M. A. ta in. (2005). Ekolohiia: pidruchnyk [Ecology: a textbook]. K.: KNEU. Retrieved from: https://buklib.net/books/21910/. (in Ukrainian).
5. Zaitsev V. A. (2017). Promyslova ekolohiia: navchalnyi posibnyk [Industrial ecology: a textbook]. - BYNOM. Laboratoriia znan. Retrieved from: https://library.bntu.by/zaycev-v-promyshlennaya-ekologiya. (in Ukrainian).
6. Avraamidou S., Baratsas S. G., Tian Y., Pistikopoulos E. N. (2020). Circular Economy - A challenge and an opportunity for Process Systems Engineering. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 133, 106629.
7. Horbal N. I., Adamiv M. Ye., Chumak A. S. (2020). Adaptation of circular economy principles to waste management in Ukraine. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu «Lvivska politekhnika». Seriia «Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia», T. 4, No 1, 159-166.
8. Melnyk O., Horbal N., Zaliska L., Tiagnyriadko I. (2020). Circular economy model adoption for waste management in Ukraine: European experience / Strategies, models and technologies of economic systems management in the context of international economic integration: collective monograph, Riga, Latvia: Institute of Economics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, 296 р.
9. Shpak, N., Melnyk, O., Horbal, N., Ruda, M. and Sroka, W. (2021). Assessing the implementation of the circular economy in the EU countries, Forum Scientiae Oeconomia, 9(1): 25-39.
10. Zero-waste Europe. Retrieved from: https://zerowasteeurope.eu/about/about-zero-waste/.
11. Reducing food loss and waste. Nestle. Retrieved from: https://www.nestle.com/csv/impact/environment/waste-and- recovery.
12. Top 10 Zero-waste companies pushing for a sustainable future. Retrieved from: https://www.zerowaste.com/ blog/top-10-zero-waste-companies/.
13. Microsoft planuie pereity na bezvidkhodne vyrobnytstvo u 2030 [Microsoft plans to swith to zero-waste production in 2030]. Retrieved from: https://konkurent.ua/publication/61652/microsoft-planue-pereyti-na-bezvi... u-2030/. (in Ukrainian).
14. Hrupa kompanii T. B. Fruit - odna z pershykh kompanii v Ukraini, yaka vprovadyla bezvidkhodne vyrobnytstvo [Group of companies T. B. Fruit is one of the first companies in Ukraine to introduce waste-free production]. URL: https://tbfruit.com/grupa-kompanij-t-b-fruit-odna-z-pershy-h-kompanij-v-... la-bezvidhodne-vy-robny-tstvo/. (in Ukrainian).
15. «VIVAD 09». Retrieved from: https://vivad09.com/uk/pro-kompaniyu. (in Ukrainian).