The article analyzes the influence of a human factor on road safety and the main methods of its research. The main indicators of the functional state of the drivers, which most accurately illustrate the change in the neuro-emotional stress while operating the vehicle in different road conditions, are determined. The regularities of changing the functional state of the drivers who were driving the vehicle along different categories of roads were established. It is revealed that the geometric features of the highway that determine its category have a significant impact on the performance of drivers, and, consequently, on the reliability of their work. The results of this research provide an opportunity to predict the functional state of the driver under different road conditions, as well as to adjust the routes of traffic of vehicles and the mode of work and rest of drivers.
1. Zhuk M. M & Postranskyy T.M. (2015). Analiz zminy funktsionalnoho stanu vodiia avtobusa u hirskykh umovakh rukhu [The analysis of changes in functional state of bus driver in mountain`s traffic conditions]. Skhidno-Yevropeiskyi zhurnal peredovykh tekhnolohii [Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies], Volume 4/3(76), 32–37 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.47166
2. Boikiv M. V. (2016). Safe traffic modes in the night time taking into account the functional state of a driver: O. M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv (in Ukrainian).
3. Wang F. (2014). Comprehensive Analysis of Fatigue Driving Based on EEG and EOG. Journal of Northeastern University, 175–178 (in English).
4. A.Pakgohar, R. Tabrizi, M. Khalili, A. Esmaeili. (2011). The role of human factor in incidence and severity of road crashes based on the CART and LR regression: a data mining approach. Procedia Computer Science 3, 764–769 (in English). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2010.12.126
5. K. Zaka, A. Khaled, I. Javaid. (2010). Injury patterns from road traffic accidents. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences. Volume 26 Issue 2, 394–397 (in English).
6. Vechile Roads. Part 1 Designing. Part 2. Contruction (2015). DBN V.2.3-4:2015 from 8th December 2015. Kyiv: Minregionbud Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
7. A. Conca, C. Ridella, E. Sapori. (2016). A risk assessment for road transportation of dangerous goods: a routing solution. Transportation Research Procedia 14, 2890–2899 (in English). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2016.05.407
8. J. Janno, O. Koppel. (2016). Human factor as the main operational risk in dangerous goods transportation chain 17th international conference Business Logistics in Modern Managment, 66–78 (in English).
9. L. Gicquel, P. Ordonneau, E. Blot, C. Toillon, P. Ingrand and L. Romo (2017). Description of Various Factors Contributing to Traffic Accidents in Youth and Measures Proposed to Alleviate Recurrence. International Journal for Front. Psychiatry 8:94. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00094 (in English) https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00094
10. Postranskyy, T. M. (2016). Patterns of Driver’s Safe Activity in the System «Driver – Vehicle – Environment»: O. M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv (in Ukrainian).
11. Postranskyy T. M. (2015). Metodyka doslidzhennia funktsionalnoho stanu vodiiv transportnykh zasobiv [Methods of the vehicle driver`s functional state investigation]. Naukovo-vyrobnychyi zhurnal «Avtoshliakhovyk Ukrainy» [Scientific and Industrial Journal “The Avtoshliakhovyk Ukrayiny”], Volume 3, 30–34. (in Ukrainian).
12. Best Heart Rate Variability Monitor. Retrieved from https://www.biohackerslab.com/reviews/best-hrvmonitor. (in English).
13. Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Analysis Software. Retrieved from http://www.mindwaretech.com/product_detail.asp?ItemID=554. (in English).
14. Heart rate variability analysis software. Retrieved from https://www.biopac.com/product/heart-ratevariability-analysis-software. (in English).
15. Expert tools for Heart Rate analysis. Retrieved from http://www.cardiomood.com. (in English).