In the paper the regional peculiarities of tourism activities in the regions of Ukraine have been analyzed with use of correlation analysis, the method of a point assessment and with definition of the coefficient of determination. The impact of the factors such as competition in the tourist market, the population size and personal income, tourism resources on the development of tourism business has been analysed. The comparison of the tourist potential of the regions of Ukraine has been carried out with the use of the value index of tourist enterprises. A comprehensive assessment of the internal tourism potential of the regions of Ukraine has been implemented. It has been determined that the lack of attention to peculiarities of each region is one of the major shortcomings of the state policy of tourism regulation under the conditions of limited financial resources. At that choice of the state regulation is complicated by the perspective of Ukraine`s integration into the international community the essential condition of which is a strong and competitive tourism industry.
1. Danylchuk, V.F. (2013) “Tourist business with a well balanced economic development of regions of Ukraine”, Visnyk Donetskoho instytutu turystych-noho biznesu. Shchorichnyi naukovyi zhurnal. Seriia “Ekonomika, orhanizatsiia ta upravlinnia pidpry¬iemst¬vamy turystychnoi industrii ta turystychnoi haluzi v tsilomu”, no. 17., DITB, Donetsk, pp. 46–51.
2. Ksyfilinova, O.M. (2011) “Problems of sustainable development of regional tourism and ways to resolve them”, Biznes Inform, no. 9, pp. 96–98.
3. Kovynova, L.V. (2005) Rehionalnyi turyzm [Regional tourism], [monograph], DVHUPS, Khabarovsk, Russia.
4. Malska, M.P. and Khudo, V.V. (2012) Turystychnyi biznes: teoriia i praktyka [Tourist business: theory and practice], [textbook, issue 2], Tsentr Uchbovoi Literatury Kyiv, Ukraine.
5. Markhonos, S.M. (2011) “Diagnostics providing the tourist resource regions of Ukraine”, Naukovyi visnyk ChDIEU, vol. 3 (11), pp.86-90.
6. Dinu, V. and Hapenciuc, C.V. (2008) The Durable Touristic Development Based on Regional Studies, Rehionalna ekonomika, no 2, pp. 130–143.
7. Tranchenko, L.V. and Lopatiuk, R.I. (2014) “Socio-economic efficiency of operation of tourism enterprises”, Biznes Inform, no. 4, pp. 230-235.
8. The network of tourist activities in 2012 (2013) / State Statistics Service (Express edition) № 05.4-119/73 dated November 4, 2013.
9. Kolenda, N.V. (2009) “System personnel certi-fication as a condition of improvement the labour resource providing of tourist and recreational scope”, Naukovyi visnyk Volynskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrainky. no. 26. – pp. 99–102
10. Tourist activity in Ukraine in 2011 (2012) [Statistical Bulletin] / Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine.
11. Artemchuk, A.K. (2013) “Formation of strategy management organization sphere of tourist services in an aggressive information environment”, Thesis abstract Сand. Sc. (technical), 08.00.05, Moskow, Russia.
12. Statistical Annual of Ukraine for 2011 (2012). In O.G. Osaulenko (Ed.). Kyiv: August Trade (in Ukr.).
13. Tkach, O.V. and Lozova, O.A. (2013) “Evaluation of the potential of tourism enterprises of Zaporozhye region”, Ekonomyka rehyonov Ekonomyka Kryma, № 2 (43), pp. 82–85.
14. Kuznietsova, T.V., Romaniv, O.Ya., Harnaha, O.M., Ko¬valova T.S. (2007) Upravlinnia potentsia-lom pidpryiemstv [Management of potential of enterprises], [tutorial], NUVHP, Rivne, Ukraine.
15. ProstoBank Consulting (2014) “Hryvnia boom market review 2013” available at:
http://ua.prostobank.ua/depoziti/statti/grivneviy_bum_oglyad_rinku_depoz... (access June 15, 2014).