The purpose of this work is to fulfill tectonophysical study of the Earth's crust of the area of the river Ros upstream, followed by the petrological and isotope-geochemical study of rocks for the subsequent construction of geodynamic model of the western part of the Ukrainian shield (USH). Until recently, this part of the USH was the least studied using geological and geophysical methods. This article presents new results of tectonophysical and geological study of the area upper crust, performed in 2015. Methodology. Tectonophysical field studies were carried out using the structural and paragenetic method to I–II levels of depth. In processing and interpreting of the paragenetic related fractures the structurally paragenetic method and the program Stereonet 32 by K. Ruller and K.Trepmann was applied. Results. The paper presents the results of the tectonophysical study of rock brittle fractures. We assume the studied fractures of jointing to be formed during the cooling intrusive massifs and / or during the subsequent deformation during their implementation. Within the study area the srike-slip deformation regimens are characteristic. Moreover, there is an alternation of W-E and N-S compression regimes. In accordance with our results significant portion of fractures within the study area corresponds to the stages of formation and activation of the Nemirovskaya fault zone. In the area of Kashperovka – Borshhagivka reconstructed stress field is similar to the prevailing stress field within the Novograd-Volyn and Uman massifs, reflecting their deformation ~ 2.05 billion years ago. Originality. For the first time the stress-strain state of crystalline rocks upstream of the river Ros was studied, which gives an idea of crustal deformation in the western part of the Ukrainian Shield in the Early Proterozoic time and are important for the construction of geodynamic model of the region. Practical significance. Construction of geodynamic model is necessary for further geotechnical investigations and preparation of various types of cartographic documents.
1. Bezvynnyy V. P., Tsyba M. M., Donets' H. A. et.al. Derzhavna heolohichna karta Ukrayiny. Tsentral'noukrayins'ka seriya. Masshtab 1:200 000, arkushi: M-36-XIX (Bila Tserkva), M-36-XXV (Uman') [State geological map of Ukraine. Central Ukrainian series. Scale 1: 200 000 sheets: M-36-XIX (Bila Tserkva), M-36-XXV (Uman')]. Kyiv, State Geological Service, PDRHP "Pivnichgeologiya"
2. Geohronologiya rannego dokembriya Ukrainskogo schita. Proterozoi [Geochronology of the Early Precambrian of the Ukrainian shield. Proterozoic]. Kyiv, Naukova dumka, 2008, 240 p.
3. Gintov O. B. Polevaya tectonofizika i ee primenenie pri izuchenii deformaziy zemnoy kori Ukrainy [Field tectonophysics and its application in the study of crustal deformation of Ukraine]. Feniks. Kyiv. 2005. 572 p.
4. Gintov O. B. Problemy heodynamyky Ukraynskoho shchyta v dokembryy [Problems of the Ukrainian shield in the Precambrian geodynamics]. Geophysical Journal, 2015, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 3–22.
5. Gintov O. B., Mychak S. V. Heodynamycheskoe razvytye Inhulskoho mehabloka Ukraynskoho shchyta po heoloho-heofyzycheskym y tektonofyzycheskym dannym. I [Geodynamic development Ingul block Ukrainian shield according to geological and geophysical and tectonic data. I]. Geophysical Journal, 2011, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 102–118.
6. Gintov O. B., Mychak S. V. Kinematika formirovaniya Ukrainskogo shita v period 1, 80 – 1,73 mlrd let nazad po rezultatam izychenia treshinovatosti gornyh porod Korostenskogo i Korsun'-Novomirgorodskogo plutonov [Kinematics of the formation of the Ukrainian shield in the period 1, 80 - 1.73 Ga as a result of the study of fracturing rocks Korosten and Korsun-Novomirgorod plutons.] Geofizicheskii zhurnal Geophysical Journal, 2014, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 24–36.
7. Gintov O. B., Mychak S. V. Napryajennye sostoyania i deformacii zemnoi kory centralnoy chasti Ingulskogo megabloka po materialam Tectonofizicheskogo izucheniya Novoukrainskogo massiva [The stress state and deformation of the crust of the central part of the Ingul block materials tectonophysical study Novoukrainsk massif]. Geophysical Journal, 2011, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 28–45.
8. Hlevasskyy E. B. Reshenye nekotoryh problem petrolohyy y stratyhrafyy Ukraynskoho shchyta s pozytsyy plytotektonyky [The solution of some problems of petrology and stratigraphy of the Ukrainian shield from the standpoint of plate tectonics.]. Mineralogical Journal. 2005, T. 27, no. 3, pp. 57—66.
9. Zyul'tsle V. V., Dorkovs'ka Z. M., Vykhodtsev M. K. ta in. Derzhavna heolohichna karta Ukrayiny masshtabu arkusha 1:200000 M-35XXIV (Skvyra) [Ukraine State Geological map sheet scale 1: 200,000 L-35 XXIV (Skvyra)]. Central Ukrainian series. Kyiv, the State Committee for Natural Resources of Ukraine, the State Geological Service, PDRHP "Pivnichgeologiya", 135 p
10. Mychak S. V. Deformatsiya hirs'kykh porid Umans'koho, Novohrad-Volyns'koho ta Novoukrayins'koho masyviv v period 2,02-2,05 mlrd rokiv tomu za rezul'tatamy tektonofizychnoho vyvchennya [Deformation rocks Uman, Novograd-Volynsk and Novoukrainsk massif between 2,02-2,05 Ga tectonic research]. "Geodynamics" no. 2 (17), 2014, pp. 150–162
11. Mychak S. V. Kynematyka formyrovanyya zapadnoy i tsentral'noy chastey Ukraynskoho shchyta v peryod 2,05-2,02 mlrd let nazad [Kinematics of formations of the western and central parts of the Ukrainian shield between 2.05-2.02 Ga ago]. Geofizicheskii zhurnal - Geophysical Journal. 2015, vol. 37, no 1, pp. 83–99.
12. Shcherbakov I. B. Petrolohiya Ukraynskoho shchyta [Petrology Ukrainian shield]. Lviv: ZUKTs, 2005, 366 p.
13. Bogdanova S., Gorbatschev R., Grad M., Guterch A., Janik T., Kozlovskaya E., Motuza G., Skridlaite G., Starostenko V., Taran L., 2006. EUROBRIDGE: New insight into the geodynamic evolution of the East European Craton In: Gee, D.G., Stephenson, R.A. (Eds.), European Lithosphere Dynamics, Geological Society, London, Memoirs, 32. Geological Society London, pp. 599–628.
14. Bogdanova S. V., Bingen B., Gorbatschev R., Kheraskova T. N., Kozlov V. I., Puchkov V. N., Volozh Y. A., 2008. The East European Craton (Baltica) before and during the assembly of Rodinia Precambrian Research 160, pp. 23–45.
15. Bogdanova S., Gintov O., Kurlovich D., Lubnina N., Nilsson M., Orlyuk M., Pashkevich I., Shumlyanskyy L., Starostenko V. 2012. Late Palaeoproterozoic mafic dyking in the Ukrainian Shield of Volgo-Sarmatia caused by rotation during the assembly of supercontinent Columbia (Nuna). Lithos 174, 196–216. http: // dx. doi. org /10.1016/ j.lithos.2012.11.002.
16. Elming S. A., Mikhailova N. P., Kravchenko S. N. 2001, Palaeomagnetism of Proterozoic rocks from the Ukrainian Shield: new tectonic reconstructions of the Ukrainian and Fennoscandian shields: Tectonophysics, vol. 339, pp. 19–38, doi: 10.1016/S0040-1951(01)00032-4.
17. Elming S. A., Kravchenko S. N., Layer P., Rusakov O. M., Glevasskaya A. M. Mikhailova N. P., Bachtadze V. Paleomagnetism and 40Ar/ 40Ar age determinations of the Edicarian traps from the southwestern margin of the East European Craton, Ukraine: Relevance to the Rodinian Breakup. J. Geol. Soc. 2006, 162(6), pp. 131–133
18. Skempton A. W. Some observations on tectonic shear zones. Proc. I Int. Congr. Rock Mech. 1966, 1, pp. 55–58.