The game industry works to meet the needs of millions of users, so developers are actively improving existing games and developing a new one. Hyper-casual is a game with a simple plot, simple mechanics, and a primitive user interface. Despite the seeming simplicity, such games are popular and bring significant profits to developers. The life cycle of a hypercasual game can be quite short – a few weeks, or months, which also involves a limited time to develop such a game. It is advisable to have a tool to identify, evaluate and consider the characteristics of successful hyper-casual games. Therefore, the actual task is to develop a structure for describing a hyper-casual game so that, based on such structured data, a decision can be made regarding the relevant characteristics of a successful game.
Hyper-casual games in the entertainment industry are one of the genres of games for mobile platforms. To determine the relevant characteristics of such a game, it is necessary to accumulate data on successful games, determine the general characteristics common to all hyper-casual games, to structure the obtained data, and select the characteristics that affect the success of the game. To decide on the relevance of characteristics, it is worth analyzing the structured data describing the game. The selected characteristics will be implemented in the hyper-casual game.
The relevant characteristics of the game are a significant criterion for choosing a game engine for game development. According to such criteria, it is worth evaluating popular game engines – GameMaker, Godot, Unreal Engine, and Unity. To decide on the best engine, it is advisable to use the analytic hierarchy method. Facebook Analytics will be used to accumulate data on the success of the developed game.
The proposed concept of determining the relevant characteristics of various information technologies will allow combining such technologies into a single system.
- Gaming industry, stories perspectives. How to become a game developer? Logos IT academy. https://lviv.logos-academy.com/igrova-industriya-istoriyi-perspektyvy-yak-staty-rozrobnykom-igor.
- Why Are Hypercasual Games so Popular? MPL. https://www.mpl.live/blog/why-are-hypercasual-games- so-popular/.
- Gregory J. (2018). Game Engine Architecture. CRC Press.
- Yang Z., Sun B. (2020). Hyper-Casual Endless Game Based Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment System for Players Replay Ability. 2020 IEEE Intl Conf on Parallel & Distributed Processing with Applications, Big Data & Cloud Computing, Sustainable Computing & Communications, Social Computing & Networking (ISPA/BDCloud/SocialCom/SustainCom), 860–866. https:// doi: 10.1109/ISPA-BDCloud-SocialCom- SustainCom51426.2020.00133.
- Luton W. (2013). Free-to-Play: Making Money from Games You Give Away. New Riders.
- Data warehouse and political instruction of the gaming industry. SensorTower. https://app.sensortower.com/.
- Charoenpruksachat A., Longani P. (2021). Comparative Study of Usability Evaluation Methods on a Hyper-Casual Game. Joint International Conference on Digital Arts, Media and Technology with ECTI Northern Section Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computer and Telecommunication Engineering, 153-156. doi: 10.1109/ECTIDAMTNCON51128.2021.9425717.
- Nesterenko O.V., Savenkov O.I., Falovskyy O.O. (2016) Intelligent decision support systemsь. National Academy of Management.
- Garbulowski M., Diamanti K., Smolińska K. et al. (2021) R.ROSETTA: an interpretable machine learning framework. BMC Bioinformatics 22, 110. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12859-021-04049-z.
- Zavaliy T.I., Nikolsky Yu.V., Shestakevych T.V. (2008) Intellectual analysis of psychological testing results. Bulletin of Information Systems and Networks, 631, 113–138.
- Own Game Engine: how and why to create a game engine. GamedevDOU. https://gamedev.dou.ua/blogs/how-and-why-to-create-a-game-engine/.
- Top 10 game engines. Ulab. https://ulab.sumdu.edu.ua/uk/10-najkrashhih-igrovih-rushiiv.
- The world’s leading platform for real-time content. Unity. https://unity.com/.
- Overview of the unreal engine: pros, cons and suitability. Newgenapps.https://www.newgenapps.com/uk/blogs/unreal-engine-review-pros-cons-and-suitability/.
- Unreal Engine 5 Documentation. UnrealEngine.com. https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/.
- GameMaker Studio app overview. Public-PC. https://public-pc.com/game-maker-studio-obzor- programmyi/.
- Everything you need to start making games. GameMaker. https://gamemaker.io/en/gamemaker.
- Overview of movement in 2D space. Godot. https://docs.godotengine.org/uk/stable/tutorials/2d/2d_movement.html.