At the current stage of development of the Ukrainian economy within the framework of international cooperation, an important aspect of functioning organisation is the awareness and education of both employees of the risk management department and all staff in the field of risk management that arise in the process of foreign trade operations. After all, timely response to a risk situation or to prevent the emergence of risks in foreign economic activities reduces potential losses in the future. In this article substantiates the relevance of the study of this topic, in particular the reasons of risks in the field of foreign economic activity, the factors of influence on the appearance of risks, typologically risks in the process of foreign economic transactions and management methods of risks.
The methods of risk management were analyzed, in particular, diversification, limits, insurance, hedging, self-insurance and reinsurance were considered. Special attention was paid to hedging instruments that can be actively used to minimize the risks of foreign economic activity. The risk management process was recommended, which will consist of the following stages: analyzing the risk situation and risk identification, their assessment, optimization methods application, decision making and control for its implementation.
1. Kondetska A. (2008). Ryzyky u zovnishnoekonomichnii diialnosti [Risks in foreign economic activity]. Retrieved from http://intkonf.org/kondetska-a-riziki-u-zovnishnoekonomichniy-diyalnosti/. (in Ukrainian)
2. Vitka N. Ye. (2010). Upravlinnia ryzykamy zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti vysokotekhnolohichnoho pidpryiemstva. Ekonomika ta upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy (mashynobuduvannia ta metalurhiia) [Risk management of foreign economic activity of a high-tech enterprise. Economy and enterprise management (mechanical engineering and metallurgy)] (PhD Thesis), Mariupol: Pryazovskyi derzhavnyi tekhnichnyi universytet. (in Ukrainian)
3. Starostina A. O., Kravchenko V. A. (2004). Ryzyk-menedzhment. Teoriia ta praktyka [Risk management. Theory and Practice]. Kyiv; IVTs Politekhnika. (in Ukrainian)
4. Dehtiareva O. Y. (2006). Upravlenye ryskamy v mezhdunarodnom byznese [Risk management in international business]. Moskva: MHYMO-Unyversytet MYD Rossyy. (in Russian)
5. Vitlinskyi V. V., Makhanets L. L. (2008). Ryzykolohiia v zovnishnoekonomichnii diialnosti [Riskology in foreign economic activity]. Kyiv: KNEU. (in Ukrainian)
6. Kramarenko V. Y., Onyshchenko K. N., Tverdokhlebov N. Y. (2010). Upravlenye vneshneekonomycheskymy ryskamy v uslovyiakh hlobalyzatsyy [Management of foreign economic risks in the conditions of globalization]. Symferopol: DYNAIPYs. (in Russian)
7. The Global economy (2017). Politychna stabilnist - ranhy krain [Political stability - Country rankings. Retrieved from https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/wb_political_stability/. (in Ukrainian)
8. Yeremenko O. K. (2004). Mizhnarodna torhova palata [International chamber of commerce]. Kyiv: Znannia Ukrainy. (in Ukrainian)
9. League law (2017). Osnovni ryzyky v ZED-kontraktakh i shliakhy yikh minimizatsii [Major risks in FEAs and ways to minimize them]. Retrieved from http://uz.ligazakon.ua/ua/magazine_article/EA01188 (in Ukrainian)
10. The Opencorporate (2017). Upravlenye ryskamy v mezhdunarodnom byznese [Risk management in international business]. Retrieved from https://opencorporates.com. (in Russian)
11. “WA-2 Rehistr” (2017). Ryzyky u zovnishnoekonomichnii diialnosti [risks in foreign economic activity]. Retrieved from http://www.kompass.ua/ku/cd_wa2.htm. (in Ukrainian)
12. Mochernyi S. V., Redkol T. 1. (2000). Ekonomichna entsyklopediia [Economic encyclopedia]. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi tsentr “Akademiia”. (in Ukrainian)