The article examines Ukraine non-food market development state and trends in modern conditions. Market development modern conditions are: further globalization and development spread of information and communication technologies. Individualization of consumer needs and overcoming the consequences of global financial crises. There is also a need to adapt the supply of retail networks to the purchasing power constraints caused by the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. And there is also problem of streamlining consumer behavior and strengthening their consumer criticism, and so on.
It is established that domestic trade is characterized by trends of dynamic growth on the basis of: business activity, number of business entities, leading positions in terms of income, employment and investment.
Concentration and specialization processes in retail trade have led to trade networks development in Ukraine. This has led to the individual consumer needs marketing research, results of which are presented in the paper. The study object was the retail chain of non-food products “Kopiyochka”. According to the study, the target buyer of the retail network are women aged 26-45 with low or below average income, who lead a dynamic and measured lifestyle. The vast majority of buyers are conservatives at a choice of trade mark. In modern business conditions, due to the pandemic spread, consumers approaches to the choice of changing communication channel, where personal communication with the buyer through messengers and SMS becomes dominant (due to the declining purchasing power of certain non-food market segments).
Other trends in the development of non-food retail chains are: the transition to e-commerce; with the pandemic, networks are beginning to focus on the security and convenience of offline commerce; there is a rethinking of the business model and the transition to aggressive methods of competition; the networks themselves increase the share of their own brands.
Changing the business model should provide adequate funding and the willingness of networks to restructure the usual trading processes to maintain a sufficient level of sales. Networks should not only increase the number of communication channels and create an additional online platform for trade, but also competently position their own business, including offering their own brands at lower prices and proper logistics service.
1. Antoniuk Ya. M., Shyndyrovskyi I. M. (2019) Tendentsii rozvytku ryteilu v Ukraini. [Retail development trends in Ukraine]. Pidpryiemnytstvo i torhivlia [Entrepreneurship and trade], 24, 22-30.
2. Asotsiatsiia riteileriv Ukrainy [Association of Retailers of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: https://rau.ua/aboutus/ (accessed 20 September 2020).
3. Hlobalni trendy rozdribnoi torhivli u 2020 rotsi [Global retail trends in 2020]. Retrieved from: https://home.kpmg/ua/uk/home/insights/2020/05/global-retail-trends-2020-... (accessed 20 September 2020).
4. Dostavka i self-servisy: chym zhyv ukrainskyi ryteil v 2019 [Delivery and self-services: how did Ukrainian retail live in 2019]. Retrieved from: https://nv.ua/ukr/biz/experts/trendi-ukrajinskogo-riteylu-pidsumki- roku-50061807.html (accessed 20 September 2020).
5. Kosar N. S., Kuzo N. Ye. (2016). Perspektyvy rozvytku torhovelnykh merezh v Ukraini [Prospects for the development of trade networks in Ukraine]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky [Actual problems of the economy, 7, 97-109. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ape_2016_7_13 (accessed 20 September 2020).
6. Lihonenko L., Krasnevych H. (2011). Innovatsiinyi vektor rozvytku torhivli v Ukraini [Innovative vector of trade development in Ukraine]. Tovary i rynky [Goods and markets], 1, 7-14.
7. Opytuvannia vidviduvachiv merezhi "Kopiiochka" [Poll of Kopiyochka network visitors] - Retrieved from: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSetsl9YGiZqBMgptD6YMg2IwaX8hTww... wform?usp=sf_link (accessed 20 September 2020).
8. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy. [Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ (accessed 20 September 2020).
9. Rekordnyi rik: skilky mahazyniv vidkryly naibilshi merezhi Ukrainy v 2019-mu. [Record year: how many stores were opened by the largest chains in Ukraine in 2019.] Retrieved from: URL: https://rau.ua/novyni/skolko-magazynov-otkryly-2019/ (accessed 20 September 2020).
10. Apopii V. V., Mishchuk I. P., Antoniuk Ya. M. ta in. (2017). Strukturni zminy ta suchasni tendentsii rozvytku vnutrishnoi torhivli Ukrainy: monohrafiia [Structural changes and modern tendencies of development of internal trade of Ukraine: monograph], 440
11. Shcho take RYTEIL ta RYTEILER - poniattia, vyznachennia prostymy slovamy. [What is RETAIL and RETAILER - a concept defined in simple words]. Retrieved from: https://termin.in.ua/ryteyl-ryteyler/ (accessed 20 September 2020).
12. Fedulova L. (2017). Informatsiino-tekhnolohichna infrastruktura riteilu [Retail information and technology infrastructure]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho universytetu [Bulletin of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics], 4, 21-42.
13. AllRetail [AllRetail]. Retrieved from: https://allretail.ua/%20[in%20Ukrainian (accessed 20 September 2020).
14. Lipych L., Mokhniuk A., Lipych L. E-business in Ukraine: peculiarities, tendencies, prospects. Ekonomichnyi chasopys Skhidnoievropeiskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrainky [Economic Journal of the Lesya Ukrainka East European National University], 74-79.