In the article it is established that today in Ukraine the development of venture investment of innovative enterprises is at an early stage and is characterized by a number of problems. The dynamics of venture capital in Ukraine shows that their number and capitalization have been growing rapidly during the research period 2011-2019, and this growth continued even after the crisis. It is worth noting that venture investments in Ukraine are made in points, in particular they are more concentrated in Kyiv and Lviv. The largest share of venture capital is international capital. The most attractive sectors for venture investment in Ukraine are software, online services and IT equipment.
According to the results of studying domestic and foreign experience of venture investment, a number of obstacles in the development of venture business in Ukraine have been identified: instability of the external environment; underdeveloped venture infrastructure; low level of efficiency of regulation of venture investment at the legislative level; low liquidity of venture capital due to the low level of stock market development; the predominance of foreign origin of venture capital and the shortage of domestic investment resources; underestimation of the role of small and medium business in the innovative development of the economy; low level of quality of venture fund management; weak information support and insufficient transparency of venture business.
Based on the best foreign experience of venture business and existing problems in the field of venture investment in Ukraine, a technology for attracting venture capital at the stage of negotiating and concluding a venture investment agreement has been developed. The proposed technology will provide an opportunity to form a unified and clear basis for concluding a venture investment agreement between foreign venture investors and domestic innovative enterprises. The use of the proposed technology in the domestic practice of venture investment will increase the attractiveness of cooperation with Ukrainian innovation organizations in the eyes of foreign investors. This, in turn, will intensify the attraction of foreign investment in the development of the innovative sector of the national economy.
1. Khaustova, V.Ye. (2015) Promyslova polityka v Ukraïni: formuvannia ta prohnozuvannia [Industrial policy in Ukraine: formation and forecasting. Kharkiv: VD Inzhek.
2. Mosiievych О.О. & Siemikolenova S.V. (2020) Pidkhody v otsiniuvanni kompanii pry venchurnomu finansuvanni [Approaches in the evaluation of companies in venture financing] Ahrosvit [Agrosvit], 6, 93-103.
3. Antoniuk, L.L., Poruchnyk, A.M. & Savchuk, V.S. (2013) Innovatsiï: teoriia, mekhanizm rozrobky ta komertsializatsiï [Innovations: theory, development mechanism and commercialization]. Kyiiv: KNEU.
4. Savchenko V.F. & Shatyrko D.V. (2014) Sutnist ta osoblyvosti venchurnoho kapitalu [The essence and features of venture capital]. Naukovyi visnyk ChDIEU [Scientific Bulletin of ChDIEU], 1, 7-13.
5. Kuzmin, O.Ye. & Lytvyn, I.V. (2012) Venchurnyy biznes [Venture business]. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo Znannia.
6. Kostenok I.V. (2014) Venchurne investuvannia: potentsiini mozhlyvosti rozvytku [Venture investment: potential opportunities for development]. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy [Bulletin of Economic Science of Ukraine], 1, 65-68.
7. Kovalyshyn, P.V. (2009) Formuvannia ta rozvytok rynku venchurnoho investuvannia Ukraïny [Formation and development of the venture investment market of Ukraine]. Mykolaïv: MDAU.
8. Poruchnyk, A.M. (2000) Venchurnyy kapital: zarubizhnyy dosvid ta problemy stanovlennia v Ukraïny [Venture capital: foreign experience and problems of formation in Ukraine]. Kyïv: KNEU.
9. Peltek L.V. (2009) Derzhavne rehuliuvannia rozvytku venchurnoho biznesu v investytsiy niy sferi [State regulation of venture business development in the investment sphere]. Ekonomika ta derzhava [Economy and state], 3, 77-80.
10. Lytvyn, I., Shpak, N., Boyarynova, K., Hryhorska, N. & Milko, I. (2016) Transformatsiini protsesy v ekonomichnomu rozvytkovi innovatsiino-oriientovanykh pidpryiemstv mashynobuduvannia [Transformation processes in the economic development of innovation-oriented machine-building enterprises]. Kyiv: TOV DKS TSENTR.
11. Moskvin S.O. (2009) Venchurni fondy innovatsiy noho rozvytku [Venture funds of innovative development]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky [Actual problems of economy], 2, 89-95.
12. Blockab J., Fischab C., Vismaracd S. & Andresa R. (2019) Private Equity Investment Criteria: an Experimental Conjoint Analysis of Venture Capital, Business Angels, and Family Offices. Journal of Corporate Finance, 58, 329-352.
13. Dutta S. (2016) Financing Innovation: A Complex Nexus of Risk & Reward. MPRA, Paper N 75584.
14. Moroni I., Arruda A. & Araujo K. (2015) The Design and Technological Innovation: How to Understand the Growth of Startups Companies in Competitive Business Environment. Procedia Manufacturing, 3, 2199-2204.
15. Pylypenko B. (2015). Venchurnyi kapital yak dzherelo finansuvannia innovatsiinykh protsesiv [Venture capital as a source of funding for innovation processes] (PhD Thesis), Kyiv: DVNZ Universytet bankivskoi spravy.
16. Official site of Ukrainian Association of Venture Capital and Private Capital. Retrieved from http://uvca.eu/ua/news/investments-into-ukrainian-startups-in-2019-overview
17. Kostiuchenko V.M. (2016) Kontseptualni zasady rozvytku venchurnoho biznesu v konteksti zabezpechennia ekonomichnoho suverenitetu Ukrainy [Conceptual principles of venture business development in the context of ensuring the economic sovereignty of Ukraine]. Visnyk ZhDTU [Bulletin of ZhSTU], 3, 316-320.
18. Heidor А.P. & Bizbiz T.M. (2020) Dzherela finansuvannia startapiv v Ukraini [Sources of financing of startups in Ukraine]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid [Investments: practice and experience], 1, 73-78.
19. Demchyshak N.B. & Mamchuk V.V. (2016) Rol venchurnykh fondiv u formuvanni innovatsiinoho potentsialu ekonomiky Ukrainy [The role of venture funds in the formation of the innovative potential of the Ukrainian economy]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid [Investments: practice and experience], 13, 29-34.
20. Piotrovski S. (2011) Venture capital jako forma finansowania MŚP w polityce wspierania innowacji UE (PhD Thesis), Poznan: Economic University in Poznan.
21. Raputa К.О. (2021) Napriamy vdoskonalennia mekhanizmu venchurnoho finansuvannia startapiv v Ukraini [Directions for improving the mechanism of venture financing of startups in Ukraine]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid [Investments: practice and experience], 2, 56-63.